For Sale Section

beeser

• Moderators

Butcherknife and I have wondered about that also. Why don't I "sticky" this thread so it stays on top.

I have to admit that our early 2008 might be listed here. We have been talking about our boondocking style and how we could get the factory to build one we would like even better than the one we have now that we just absolutely love.

For example, when we picked up our Oliver the new double pane windows had just arrived at the factory. Ours was already built. We could look at the new double panes and touch them and think about them, but they would not be on ours.

Also we have always wanted solar panels and the factory wasn't doing a solar ready set up at that time. I just have never got around to getting solar installed.

Butcherknife and I will have to talk about it because we have a trip planned the last week of June. We can't decide if we want to go back to the lake for more fishing, or to Colorado to drive Jeep trails.

One thing for sure, if we sell our beloved Ollie, we would be back on the "waiting to hatch list" and not be able to do either Colorado or the Lake ! :shock::o:shock:

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible, when someone lists an Oliver, that a Form be presented for them to fill in indicating the model, the inside amenities, the year, the asking price, any improvements, 1st or 2nd owner, approx. mileage on unit, a photo and certainly last but not least, the asking PRICE. 8-) FrancesM

With our Oliver on the way and Cherie's house on the fast-track to sell, it is time to find a new home for my beloved Tab.

If you know of anyone who is looking for an amazing small trailer that is fully equipped with solar for off-grid living, send them my way.

More pictures and details are posted here:

http://radven.livejournal.com/130322.html

Details:

My uber-upgraded Tab is fairly unique in that it is actually able to run on solar for extended periods of time without resorting to a generator or shore power. The large 110W panel and 260 amp hour battery bank allow for comfortable off grid living in a trailer small and light enough (just 1500lbs) that most vehicles can tow it.

I've never seen any other trailer that is simultaneously so small and so autonomous.

The cute retro clamshell design is also a fabulous attention grabber and ice breaker.

The Tab is perfect for weekend getaways, festivals, cross country road-trips, and even extended living. It has been my home for much of the past two years, and Cherie and I were very comfortable living primarily out of Tab for seven months of cross country exploration last year. In all that time, we only had to plug in to charge the batteries a handful of times, despite our heavy laptop and internet usage. The electrical system and massive battery capacity worked wonderfully for our needs.

New Tab Clamshells seem to be selling for as much as $17k - $19k now, without any of my extensive upgrades. Mine is a 2006 model, and it is just over two years old. The only major options missing are the air conditioning (which takes up a lot of the interior storage) and the electric refrigerator (which uses too much power to run off of solar).

These are the technology and other upgrades that I have installed in Tab:

+ Siemens 110w solar panel with panel tilting hardware

+ Blue Sky Energy Solar Boost 2512iX MPPT solar charge controller

+ IPN Pro Remote - solar control panel & battery monitor (w 500A shunt)

+ 2x Trojan T-145 6V Batteries (260 AH Capacity)

+ Xantrex Pro 1000W Inverter w 30 amp auto-transfer switch. The Inverter is wired to provide AC power to all internal and external power outlets.

+ Interior Red LED Mood Lighting

The solar system revolves around a BlueSky MPPT current boosting charge controller, a 110W Siemens solar panel, and the fabulous IPN-Pro Remote which tracks amp hours and the precise amount of battery capacity remaining. The power is stored in two Trojan T-145 6V "golf cart" batteries, and turned into AC power by way of a Xantrex Pro 1000W inverter with an integrated 30 amp transfer switch.

The Tab is seemingly larger on the inside than out. You can even comfortably seat four around the table for dinner. The kitchen is of course largest of any RV in the world...

Some other features:

+ Tongue Box Storage w 20lb Propane Tank (slightly dented)

+ Outside kitchen with two burner stove and sink

+ 5 gallon fresh water tank & electric pump

+ Thetford Porta-Potty (hidden in front cabinet)

+ Propane Furnace

+ 4 person dinette that converts to a bed

+ Large double pane windows with screens and day / night blackout shades

+ Custom front shelf - makes for great movie watching from bed...

+ Large wardrobe closet and an amazing amount of storage space for a trailer so small

+ Smoke, propane, and carbon monoxide detectors

+ AM/FM/CD with inside and outside speakers... (Upgraded to allow for iPod or aux audio hookup)

+ Filled with loving energy and good memories...

I am looking to sell her for $12,500.

The value of the electrical system upgrades alone is around $2000, not counting labor to install them. Based upon my research into other used Tab's selling online, this is a very fair price.

We're currently located in Melbourne, FL. Right now, Tab is being stored on a friend's property in Kissimmee, near Orlando. We have lots of photos to share, and are happy to answer any questions in depth about this trailer over the phone (408-667-9022). For serious buyers, we can arrange to meet you in Kissimmee for a tour.

I've put a lot of my heart and soul into this sweet little trailer, and I really want her to go someplace where she will be loved and appreciated.

We are looking to sell by the end of the month - so if you are interested or know anyone who might be, please spread the word and let me know ASAP.

Techno--what caused you to want to sell your T@B for an Oliver? I'm just wondering what Oliver features are most enticing to you and how you see the new travel trailer as advantageous over the old. You're planning to full-time it, aren't you?

Techno--what caused you to want to sell your T@B for an Oliver? I'm just wondering what Oliver features are most enticing to you and how you see the new travel trailer as advantageous over the old. You're planning to full-time it, aren't you?

When I evicted myself from conventional living two years ago and moved into my Tab, I was traveling solo. The Tab is perfect for one person - small, light, easy to tow, and unobtrusive enough that you can stealth camp in major cities.

When I partnered up with Cherie, we set out last year to see how compatible we would be living together on the road. We worked together amazingly well in the Tab for seven months back and forth across the country, but we both agreed that it was just a bit too small for long term living for two people.

The most significant reason for the "upgrade" actually may have been the desire to have a separate table from the sleeping space. I like to work late, and Cherie likes to get up early - and in the Tab that was a problem because the bed and table were one.

The other big plus will be access to an indoor shower (we had an outdoor solar shower we used with Tab). The rest of the indoor plumbing will be nice to have too. :-)

Those are probably the two most critical reasons for us upgrading. The rest is all just luxury additions, but not nearly so essential.

- Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't expect anyone here to be interested in the coolest of all small motor homes, but since I want to sell it so that I can get an Oliver, I thought that I would post it.

The motor home is in excellent condition with many extra such as backing camera, CalMark Sunbrella storage cover, and extra 12 volt lighting. Fully equipped with everything you will need including an Oman generator. It now has 28,000 miles on it, and it gets 20 mpg average. It is great to drive and very quiet. $47,000.

Call: Jerry at 360-730-1925

Langley, WA

• 1 month later...

Hi Lenny! Welcome to the world of Oliver lovers! The Oliver is mostly custom made and #33 just rolled out of the factory! Therefore, there are not a lot of Olivers on the road yet and it may be quite awhile before one of us will be ready to give ours up! Why not give yourself a vacation and travel to beautiful Hoenwald TN and visit the Oliver factory! There you will see all kinds of owner options merging into the basic Oliver and you will see that each Oliver is uniquely different with it's own personality determined by the new owner. This beautiful traveling home isn't the usual cookie cutter type travel trailer you see in the RV sales lots all over the country! We love our Oliver and we can't say enough about how wonderful everyone is at the Oliver Factory. Our experience with the Oliver family, the Oliver factory and now our Oliver home on wheels has been totally awesome. We are happy campers! Geri and Chuck

• Moderator+

The Oliver has only been being built for about a year. I don't know for sure, but I would suspect there are not any used ones out there that are for sale. This would be the place to look, however. If you contact Robert Partee at the factory, he could perhaps give you a more definate answer. The Oliver is a remarkable trailer, unlike anything you will find among the other brands available. Good luck in your search...

If there is anything else we can do to help you, please ask.

Steve

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Ok so 33 off the line so far. Typical for my wife to find the newest and most exspensive. How costly are these? she is telling me aprox $30000. and what are the differences between the elite and the classic? does my 1970's Nomad stick and tin Canada style get me a discount?
;)
probably not eh! A little canadian for yaall. Is that how you spell that (yaall)?

Oliver's website is http://www.olivertraveltrailers.com/. That should answer your questions about the differences between the Elite and Classic models. I believe member mountainborn expressed an interest in selling his to get a newer model. Might be worth a try.

The price of Olivers range from about $25,000 to $35,000, depending on what you put on and in them. One of the more basic issues we all have to face is, do we want our RV tricked out to camp without any hookups or will we almost always be camping with electrical hookups.

If you will almost always be hooked up to electricity, the Oliver Legacy Elite is nicely equipped and can be had for about $30,000. It's got everything you will likely need and want.

If you want to equip your Oliver with solar panels and controller, the best batteries, and all the equipment needed to monitor and keep those batteries charged and invert their 12V DC power to 120V AC power to all your AC outlets, and get a few other other options (like a cellular phone signal amplifier and a rear vision camera and color monitor), you can get the price up to near $35,000.

You also have to decide if you want the standard double bed or the optional twin bed layout, which gives you more interior storage and counter space. The twin bed option is about $700 extra.

Oliver will delete anything you don't want and add what you do want. Prices vary accordingly, but you will likely find yourself somewhere within the $25 to $35 thousand range.

Hope this helps.

Sherry and Paul (seadawg) Why don't you post the interior shots of your Oliver that were taken when Chris and Cherie (technomadia) took the tour of your Oliver, and post them on the Flickr websire mentioned above? Your interior inspired me! Just might help some curious new folks on just how good an Oliver can look! It DOES NOT have the surround tub look at all when properly appointed! You took suction cups to a whole new lwvel and I, for one, loved the look! Geri

• Moderator+

I included the URL in my last post, see above

Steve

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Thanks for the kind comments. Chris and Cherie took a lot of pictures of the interior of our trailer when they drove over to see it. I have a few more shots of my own, and when we get home from our camping trip, I'll add them. However, Chris & Cheirie are much better photographers than I, I think! Their shots can be found in the url Steve supplied. I'm at the coffee shop for about an hour, catching up on email. :P

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.