Building progress

Free2Roam

Curious..... I thought that I had read a post where someone mentioned that they received picture updates during the building process.  Is there a certain point that this occurs? Frequency?  Is this something that has to be requested?  Our trailer has been in production for 4 weeks (Aug 7) and haven't received any updates yet - neither verbal nor pics.

Thanks,

Angela

2017 Legacy Elite II Standard

2006 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel 4WD

I requested baby pictures many times and never received one. They were pretty busy at the time, so I kind of  understand, but it would be a nice PR gesture to send one or two when the hull gets attached to the frame....

Also, the sales staff relocated from the factory to a new office a mile away, so it is harder for them to just drop by the production line.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

We're were also told that picture updates were something that happened. We had to call to get any updates, and we are not sure how accurate they actually were, we never got a call from them. Never any pictures. We were anxious and were ready to pick up as soon as the trailer was done. We called for a status report, and was told two to three weeks. It was in the plant and safe from an impending storm. A customer there picking up theirs saw ours sitting outside. They took a picture and sent it to us. It was done, just waiting for graphics. And, at the time, the sales staff was in the plant as the showroom/sales office was being remodeled. So the best bet to get progress reports is to find out who is picking up, or doing a tour...

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info, Canoe12.  On the upside, makes me feel better that we aren't the only ones not to have updates.  On the downside, it would definitely add to the total experience package to get updates.

-Angela

• Moderators

Free2 - I was one of the "lucky" ones that did get pictures during the build of Twist.  Anita really did a great job and we even caught a potential problem during the build prior to it becoming a real issue due to these pictures.  However, I fully understand that Oliver has more than doubled production and sales since Twist was a mere gleam in my eye.  I'd call Kelly Robinson in sales and ask if there is anything that you can do to make this happen.

Good luck!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Angela,

You can add us those that didn't receive pictures during our build but it was very easy to get status updates whenever we wanted them. I think that they have become so busy that its harder to get them now.

• Thanks 1

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

• Moderators

We got pictures during our build but they were not as busy as they are now. I think Anita snapped pics while giving tours and then emailed them out. Hopefully it will become part of the build process. It's fun to see the work being done!  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We had an idea of making the building process more informative for those waiting on their Ollie. I don’t have an estimated time frame right now. We’ll keep you updated!

this would be such a good thing. The anticipation is just so great and being that we weren't able to get there for a tour before we purchased, seeing the progress in our individual trailer would be calming.

-Angela

Pictures might have prevented our awning from being green, instead of the change order that said it was to be Ocean blue at pickup? And we probably would have taken it out of their storage yard quicker, if we had known it was done. Turnover is important to any growing business. Maybe like home e-mail, the e-mail could be a different color, until read. That would indicate read and acknowledgement that there might be change, action needed, or important info to share between different departments, and/or customers.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Canoe - probably would not have helped on the awning unless the awning was opened for some reason.  But, I like the other reasons.  I know that most (if not all) of us are anxious to get our new baby and Free2's comment about "calming" is certainly on point.  I remember reading the Oliver contract (which was written by their lawyer and is one sided like most of these things are) and having the thought that I was sending Oliver a fair sum of money and basically getting in return a piece of paper that said nothing about what would happen if Oliver failed to deliver.  Given that Oliver (all of its related companies) is private, it is difficult to get meaningful financial detail to make sure that they are financially sound enough to actually get this $60,000 camper built and delivered.  Being an unsecured creditor has never made me feel either comfortable or "calm".

Build pictures make sense from a bunch of views.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

But, you have to be careful who you might be talking to, and what they tell you. A severe storm was coming though there, with possible hail. I asked if ours was inside and safe. We were assured ours is as inside. Another customer took picture while picking up theirs, and ours was outside and done. I was shown the completion order in the sales office, and the latest version was not transmitted to production. Hopefully internal communication has improved. (And this was when the sales office was at the plant). I did get a lot of excuses.

Jason went out of his way to make sure everything  was correct before we left. We had an appointment and didn't want to wait before a pending severe storm, to get the correct color awning. We left happy, but with some communication we would have been ecstatic..

The pleasure we have enjoyed with the camper has surely offset any minor disappointments.

• Thanks 1