A (Group) of Olivers???

ScubaRx

• Moderator+

Reading a post in the "Sightings" thread over on the FGRV forum about seeing 7 Oliver's at one time (albeit at the factory which really shouldn't count) gave me an idea. We owners should come up with a collective noun that is indicative of a group of Oliver's. Think: Covey of Quail, Span of Mules, Pod of Whales...you get the picture.

I figured this had been addressed at some point in the past so I did a search on FGRV and found a 14 year old thread that playfully addressed group names for different brands of trailers at that time. Of course, that was long before Oliver was hatched and many of those brands have slipped into obscurity. Only Casita, Scamp and Bigfoot are still current.

So, lets put our thinking caps on and come up with a really cool moniker for a group of these unique trailers. For our purpose here anything more than one qualifies as a group.  When we come up with a list, we can vote on which one we feel is best.

For those of you who are interested in seeing names for the different groups of animals here is more than you probably ever wanted to know.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderator+

I kinda like:

Pack (as in Wolves)

Pod (as in Whales)

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

A Horde of Ollie's... Well maybe we herd a gathering of Ollie's :)

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

A great idea. First to mind is: a Town of Olivers, maybe as in tow'n.  There are places that Olivers visit, from metro areas to a ghost town, that are named towns. Some places we visit only have two housing units, (some have less), and they are called towns. But if you ever see two or more Olivers , at the same time, they are probably together. As in a small town. But, if we have a town, do we have to elect a Mayor?

At first I liked Pod, but the connotation of a group of whales in the middle of the highway seemed to be slightly negative. Especially if they were holding up traffic?

A gathering of baboons is called a congress, so that is definitely out.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

A gaggle of Olivers sounds too disorganized. A formation of Olivers sounds too organized. A band or pack of Olivers?

Maybe we should just say a bunch of Olivers?  A collection of Olivers sounds nice.

Who has captured multiple Olivers in a picture?  Post 'em if you've got 'em!

Here's a favorite, the Outlaw Oliver and the Lone Star Oliver under a rainbow at Organ Pipe Cactus NM in southern AZ.

10ytumban32anqhhvatd4vydyv68d505.jpg.f9aea7541e64749a3c15706e3c64fd78.jpg

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

When Steve began this thread, I thought fantastic!  However, I took the concept in a different direction.

It is true an Ollie is nice and multiple Ollies camping together is very nice, but an Ollie is a possession.  I believe Ollies are special due to the owners!  I sense we are very different from the average travel trailer owner.

With that thought in mind, I began to think about how we would describe a collection of Ollie owners.  Thoughts?

Buzzy

• Like 1

Buzzy

2016 Oliver Elite II - June 9, 2016
2016 F150 Lariat 3.5L EB, Max Towing

• Moderator+
How about giving a nod to our close proximity to fiberglass maritime design with the use of Flotilla or an altogether new words like Towtilla or Olitilla????

Very good, also Fleet, Armada, I like this theme.

• Moderators
When Steve began this thread, I thought fantastic! However, I took the concept in a different direction. It is true an Ollie is nice and multiple Ollies camping together is very nice, but an Ollie is a possession. I believe Ollies are special due to the owners! I sense we are very different from the average travel trailer owner. With that thought in mind, I began to think about how we would describe a collection of Ollie owners. Thoughts? Buzzy

Oliver Friends

Oliver Buddies

Oliver Family

• Thanks 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Back in the day, when Oliver was just beginning to have a presence on the internet, I started the Oliver and molded fiberglass facebook page. Here is the link to it, note the URL It's actual name was "Oliver Posse" !

https://www.facebook.com/groups/oliverposse/

• Thanks 4

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Buzzy suggested something that refers to the Oliver owner, and I like that idea. Word association put me in mind of the Laurel and Hardy comedy team. (We were certainly a happy lot at the last rally.) So the gathering could be "A stand of Ollies." The vehicle is an Oliver,...the owners are Ollies.

John Shkor

SailorsAshore

• Thanks 2

Buzzy suggested something that refers to the Oliver owner, and I like that idea. Word association put me in mind of the comedy team of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy. (We were certainly a happy lot at the last rally.) So the gathering could be "A stand of Ollies." The vehicle is an Oliver,...the owners are Ollies.

John Shkor

SailorsAshore

• Thanks 2