I'm Officially Part of the Family

Cobra1169

• Moderator+

Looking good. Welcome to the Club.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Go Truma:) We love ours!

Congratulations :)

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Your trailer looks great and I hope the shakedown is going well.  Thanks for introducing yourself at the sales office - I'm sorry that neither of us had much time to chat, but please post up about your LTE router and keep us up to date on your efforts to get HomeKit integrated into your trailer.  I'm sure that many more besides me would love to hear about your setup.

Great question!  My boys were little when we purchased the Airstream in 2014 and we all fit from a sleeping stand point until they became teenagers and are both approaching 6 feet plus tall.  This way we have the flexibility to decided based on the current travel senecio what our sleeping/camping needs maybe.  If we are just going from Home to a destination (say my parents house) we can take the Airstream with up up to 9 people with a bathroom and a fridge.  But if we be needing mobile hotel room while going from Texas to the East Coast, we now have to seperate sleepling accomidations and can sleep up to 5 full size adults with now 2 bathrooms and 2 refrigerators and plenty of storage.  If it is just me and the 2 boys and we are going to go camping, fishing, or hunting, I’ll hook the Oliver up to the back of my Ford F-150 Raptor and we are set.  For me, I already had the Airstream and I wanted more modular flexibility that the Oliver gives me with longevity and quaility being the key!  BTW the Airstream averaged 13 MPG from Oliver Factory in Tennessee back to home in Houston, TX, not to bad.  Thanks for asking!

• Thanks 2

We have had the Airstream since 2014 and have over 40,000 miles on it just from exploring the US and spending holidays with my family on the east coast.  The 4 years of ownership and many miles have given me much time to figure out how to optimize RVing for how our family and uses the RV and our growing/changing needs.  If I new then what I know now,  I would have purchased a customer upfitted shorter wheelbase 4x4 Mercedes Sprinter that was dialed in to my exact needs and had an Oliver from day one!!!  Live and learn.

• Thanks 2

Overland,  It was great meeting you at the Sales Office as well.  Since my delivery ran late and then it began to rain cats & dogs, I failed to get many of the upgrades & mods completed before I turned back around to drive home to Texas.  I started to work on a few today (which I will post to forum) but at 95 degrees and the majority of the morning was spent on giving the trailer a good wash after the trip home.  I do have one teaser photo for you.  The trailer only dropped the bumper by 1.5 inches I was expecting 2+ inches so I need to reset the hitch height.  More to come...

Please%20wait...

56F53BC4-EB5C-46F7-8566-66A0873D14F2.thumb.jpeg.fcf1eaa1fdff8b31c6e973a284370933.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Welcome Cobra1169! Loved reading about how you plan to use your various vehicles with your Ollie. Sounds like you've got a good plan in the works. Let the good times roll!

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

<p style="text-align: right;">

The Sprinter platform has between a 5,000 to 7,500 towing capacity depending on configuration. The Sprinter and Oliver drover very well together. I was very happy with performance and road manners.

</p>

Good to know. Enjoy it! We pick up ours in just a little over a week and cannot wait! -Angela

2017 Legacy Elite II Standard

2006 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel 4WD

Tongue weight was 448 with nothing in the truck bed.  The composite Propane tanks did shave off some weight.  Also, I did not have my Honda EU2000 generator or alternatively my Yeti cooler on the front cargo rack either.  I'll work on the Dune Jump video for you :)

• Thanks 2

• 2 years later...

What year is your Sprinter chassis?  Have you had any problems with MB wheel speed sensors malfunctioning?

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Susan Huff said:

What year is your Sprinter chassis?  Have you had any problems with MB wheel speed sensors malfunctioning?

Cobra1169 (Jim) sold his Oliver a couple of years ago and hasn’t been on the forum for a while.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS