Legacy Elite II Hull #259 Modifications & Customizations

Cobra1169

Here is my Stinky-Slinky alternative.

Pro's: no moving parts (like with a mechanical macerator) with all functions visible through the clear plastic.  Hose takes very little space and is easier to handle.  The internal water jet does a great job with creating a siphoning effect to get fluids to travel uphill or without gravity effects through the entire tube length.  If anything clogs up, it is an easy fix (remove the fitting once all water has drained out and dump clog in a doggie poop bag).  Very little setup time or fuss.

Con's:  You need decent water pressure at the site to maximize the breakup capability of the high-pressure nozzle.  The smaller hose takes longer to dump Black & Grey tank but does help clean out hose and fittings.  You will need to run another water hose to your setup to use (but use the same hose as blackwater tank clean-out).

BTW - I keep the factory supplied stinky slinky as an emergency backup.

Parts:

Valterra SS01 Sewer Solution Kit with 10 Ft Hose $75.71 Amazon

Valterra SS15 Sewer Solution 15 Ft Extension Hose $40.33 Amazon

Valterra T1022 10" Clearview Adapter $20.78 Amazon

Valterra T1026-1 45° Clearview Adapter with 3" Bay Lug $9.95 Amazon

8b1s8l4npopvbod4fqo3g98gon5fgywe.jpg.c4a5059657477a3d7556f0c036ba9b81.jpg

kwwl30kuhbuwmv9h6hyx3pkci23nqdt1.jpg.634ea1bb712f8f64a4747fd36e459cc5.jpg

• Thanks 2

Here is my Stinky-Slinky alternative. 

I watched this video on it -

and it looks like it would be a good system for certain applications, but your Oliver is designed to be able to just pull the hose out already connected, drop it in the sewer port and pull the valve. So the biggest con that I see is that you need to disconnect it from the trailer, here's my set up below -

That would be great for long runs though, I'd like to see one working in person :)

Reed

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/30/2017 at 3:43 PM, KarenLukens said:

Using the shower mat really depends on how tall of people will be showering. At 6'1" we took ours out and gave it away because I could no longer stand up in the bathroom, I prefer the bare white floor for the most room when using the bathroom, plus it's a quick rinse if you bring mud in.

Reed

Did you put your awning crank in the closet Cobra?

While the teak shower floors are attractive, they reduce headroom.  And, the white shower floor is easy to clean.  Sometimes simpler is better.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

I found that the addition of the Teakworks insert makes for a more comfortable toilet height. The reduced head room is only an issue for me (5'10+) when showering.  For this usage, the insert gets set outside the door and used as a mat. When the insert is in the shower pan, I first put a flat drain stopper over the drain to keep out grit that falls through the insert. This way I don't notice or walk on a dirty white gelcoat between showers.

• Moderators

While the teak shower floors are attractive, they reduce headroom.  

Yes!  The Winter after receiving my Oliver I spent a fair amount of time fabricating a carpet covered super-dupper shower floor.  Unfortunately it made the floor too tall for me to be able to stand in the shower without having to bend over.  So, I gave it to another Oliver owner who is somewhat under 6 foot tall.  Still not liking the feeling of the "cool" fiberglass under foot I started looking for a bath mat that would fit that space, dry quickly, was machine washable and that I could place on the outside of the shower when things really got damp in there (i.e. a place for my wet feet to land after a shower).  After a year of searching I found this:

https://www.campingworld.com/idry-bath-mat---pewter-71553.html

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 9/30/2017 at 9:34 AM, Cobra1169 said:

Screen Door Bar.  Credit for this idea goes to the Lukens!!!!  Thank you!!!  Purchased on sale at Camping World $9.47

z1yq35rn20nftxfotrit3d9o667lwvgl.thumb.jpg.dfb0e7876407eed37ce0674d1a03c392.jpg

We had one on our 5th-wheel . . . . . loved it.  Couldn't get one to go on our motor home because the screen is curved.  Please, what model fits the Oliver?

Ray and Susan Huff

On 9/30/2017 at 9:22 AM, Cobra1169 said:

This mod will most likely create the most questions and I believe is the single most beneficial addition I could make to my Oliver.  BTW prior to joining Apple, I lead mobility enterprise solutions for 10 years with AT&T and I know what really works and what is just a gimmick from a cellular and wifi booster reference standpoint.

21h55dnvstfonwq4eeqxdranp38y190u.jpg.59c16f4e731e57ad6afa7fd642ed2a58.jpg

I know this isn't the same thing, but does the Oliver optional cell booster improve reception in the tow vehicle?

Ray and Susan Huff

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Susan Huff said:

I know this isn't the same thing, but does the Oliver optional cell booster improve reception in the tow vehicle?

No, it doesn’t.  They mount the antenna over the dinette, you need to stay close to the antenna to get any useful boost.

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

13 hours ago, Susan Huff said:

does the Oliver optional cell booster improve reception in the tow vehicle?

1. I agree with Mike and Carol that you only get a boost close to the antenna above the dinette. 

2. The company that makes the cellular booster also makes products for cellular boosting in a vehicle. A little pricey. 

3. One option that would work is to have the cellular booster and the WiFi ranger in the trailer operating  while you are towing. You would need to have a JetPack or a MiFi placed on the dinette, in good proximity to the booster antenna, and connected to the WiFi Ranger. Finally when in the tow vehicle you would also need to have your phone connected to the WiFi Ranger rooftop antenna, and have the Calling Over WiFi option turned on. More info on this at this post

Edited by DavidS
  • Like 1

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

57 minutes ago, DavidS said:

Thanks for the great info.  I do have a MiFi so this would work.  Just seems like a lot of fuss, but that's technology for you 😃 lol

Ray and Susan Huff