When to winterize our Oliver with antifreeze?

We are new RV owners, having purchased an Oliver this spring. We live in Colorado and we are unclear about when we should winterize. It's supposed to get down to 32 degrees for a few hours tonight so we have it plugged in with the heater going overnight. Anyone that is willing to share their SOP for when to winterize with antifreeze will be greatly appreciated!

L&P

First of all, you still have some good camping weather, too early to shut it down. If there are some cold nights, before we want to winterize, just set the thermostat to about 40 degrees and open some of the hatches to let warm air down below, and don't worry about it.

Stan

• Thanks 2

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

Someone on "Oliver Trailer Owners"-Facebook suggested to blow out the lines with air compressor first and then just pour a small amount of RV anti-freeze into the sink drain, toilet, bath sink and so on. Make sure to drain the hot water heater. Go to the maintenance site and read it please or the manual. Do this please: Go to "Trailers" on the Main Menu-click it> then go to the bottom of the list-"Oliver University" then click on YOUR trailer 18-5 or 23-6 and Volia (there is) all the info you could ever want. Well, maybe not, but just call your sales person or Jason or the factory and they will be very pleased to hear from you... I'm not an expert on this yet myself. Also, need to worry about the places where you hook on the water hoses as those places have valves to keep the water from running back out. Maybe the air adapter will work there. I have an adapter but have not tried it yet. There are several different ones and here is the one I bought:RV Water Line Adapter

• Thanks 3

J-Rhett

Oliver Legacy Elite II (Irog)

1995 Ford F-250 x4 Turbo Diesel

Trek Bikes, Hobie Cat Kayak

• Moderator+
We are new RV owners, having purchased an Oliver this spring. We live in Colorado and we are unclear about when we should winterize. It’s supposed to get down to 32 degrees for a few hours tonight so we have it plugged in with the heater going overnight. Anyone that is willing to share their SOP for when to winterize with antifreeze will be greatly appreciated!

L&P, you would be fine at those temps to just place a small electric heater inside during the night.  As to your question of when, living in the deep South, I don't go to the extent of actual full-blown winterization. I just blow out the lines.

Malcolm Monlezun (a forum member and very experienced RV'r) lives outside of Denver and would be able to share his knowledge of using RV antifreeze.  I think he may be on the road currently but hopefully he can chime in here.

• Thanks 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg