We’re official! Hull 268

Free2Roam

513F478F-9F14-4AE7-B092-8BF1D9B09775.thumb.jpeg.6ca673651d6f4b1afd785e5910b3eea5.jpeg

E0F6E1D6-FE29-487A-881D-C8517593787E.thumb.jpeg.4bd099b154571fc325bae4ca520ff8a2.jpeg

we finally have our trailer! Thanks to Phil and Ritchie for getting us up and going and to the additional factory workers who jumped in to help tweak a couple of things as we were leaving. We had a family emergency arise requiring us to leave earlier and more expeditiously than expected, but Ritchie and his guys were great!  Thank you!

We ended up staying at the Natchez Trace RV campground.  Highly recommend this place!  There are about 8 spots that face the lake on the front side of the grounds.  We set up there and it was great.  We stayed 2 nights. Very peaceful and a great view.  Full hook ups. You’ll need a 30 to 50 amp coverter for power.  We opted for full hookups as this was our first RV experience. Not as scary as I was anticipating. Even the tank dumping was easy!

Now will be the fun part of getting things put in their proper places and customized.  Oh, and I am so pleased about how our cushions turned out. We opted for our own fabric choice (Sunbrella fabric) and feel it was totally worth it!

We are THRILLED!!!

• Thanks 5

2017 Legacy Elite II Standard

2006 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel 4WD

Looks great. Which floor is that? Goes really well with the charcoal.

Thanks! Not sure the official name. I call it the “new gray flooring”. It replaced whatever the gray floor was they were using. When we got our sample box there was no gray floor sample. Anita said they had just gotten it and hadn’t had any samples cut yet but that it was really pretty. We went with it aight unseen on her recommendation and are glad we did. I looked on our invoice and all it says is “special floor”, but it is one of the regular flooring choices because there was no extra charge.

Wahoo! All set to get out and see this beautiful country! Trailer looks sharp! Sending our best wishes your way.

Smiles...Kathy

• Thanks 1

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

Congratulations!!! Very nice looking Oliver and I like your cushion fabric!! I think we were at the factory having warranty work done when you all picked up!! Happy travels!!!

thanks! How funny! We  WERE there with you in the lobby. I recognize you from your profile pic. We had just gotten back from lunch and were getting ready to hook up to go to the campsite. ☺️  Hope you’re back up and running smoothly! -Angela

• Moderators

Looks great. Love your choices. Wishing you many miles of smiles, and awesome camping memories.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hull #268 looks great :) Did Oliver set the brake controller for you?

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Hull #268 looks great ???? Did Oliver set the brake controller for you?

No. My husband set it. He’s used them many times before. Only had to use it briefly on one of the back roads in TN after missing our turn when I lost cell service and google maps locked up! Before our next trip, we will make sure we have an old school paper map as a backup! -Angela

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Free2 -

So happy for you guys and for the excitement you are feeling.  Know that there is more to come!  Enjoy the heck out of it!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Only had to use it briefly on one of the back roads in TN after missing our turn when I lost cell service and google maps locked up! Before our next trip, we will make sure we have an old school paper map as a backup! -Angela

Congratulations on the new baby.

You can download the map data for the Google Maps app for offline use for when you lose a cell signal. I haven't tried navigating offline, I think it won't work. The map data has to be updated every 30 days but it will remind you. Update over wifi, the files are big.

There are a number of nav apps that don't require cell service, but I always recommend a stand alone unit, Garmin is my favorite brand, I think this is way better than most factory nav systems: https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-RV-660LMT-6-Inch-Navigator/dp/B00YY3UBV2

Free quarterly map and Point of Interest updates and it won't ever freeze up on you!

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

There are a number of nav apps that don’t require cell service, but I always recommend a stand alone unit, Garmin is my favorite brand, I think this is way better than most factory nav systems: https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-RV-660LMT-6-Inch-Navigator/dp/B00YY3UBV2 Free quarterly map and Point of Interest updates and it won’t ever freeze up on you! John Davies Spokane WA

thanks for the recommendation. Will definitely look into it. We always used to travel with a paper map book and then we had a small Garmin when those came out before the advent of cell phones. Just got too comfortable with phone technology ☺️ -Angela

Welcome to the club! I too like the fabric. Our floor is similar (gray), and the fiber-granite is the same. We also chose the black/grey exterior. What good taste!

• Thanks 1

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg

• Moderators

Google maps has a download feature that is helpful, but doesn't give voice instructions. I used it extensively in Iceland and the Faroes this year.

Maps.me is free, and really quite good for offline use. At least in Australia... I used it in Canada,and the Faroes, too. It tracks your location with gps, whether you have cell signal or not.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Welcome to the club! I too like the fabric. Our floor is similar (gray), and the fiber-granite is the same. We also chose the black/grey exterior. What good taste!

Great minds think alike!

Google maps has a download feature that is helpful, but doesn’t give voice instructions. I used it extensively in Iceland and the Faroes this year. Maps.me is free, and really quite good for offline use. At least in Australia… I used it in Canada,and the Faroes, too. It tracks your location with gps, whether you have cell signal or not. Sherry

Will look into these. Thanks!

We still like having a DeLorme  book of maps (Now owned by Garmin). We can find places to camp or interesting places to visit that do not show up on road signs or electronic devices. Maybe it is an old throwback. We love the plotter on the boat, but still don't venture out without a good chart.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
We love the plotter on the boat, but still don’t venture out without a good chart.

Totally agree. I still love to have a paper map/ chart, and don't leave home/dock without them. Electronics always seem to malfunction at the worst possible time.

As long as you keep the paper dry, a map/ chart works. And, it's not too old for changed conditions, new highways, etc....

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4