Oliver Dealers?

beeser

This is part of a post by Denise Castro, Oliver Representative, in another thread.

"... Our Classic trailer actually sells for $25,750 until we have set up a dealer in your area....

ONCE WE HAVE SET UP A DEALER IN YOUR AREA, THIS OFFER WILL BE NO LONGER IN EFFECT

I'm not sure this is a good thing. Thoughts anyone?

:o I hope they stay with the factory direct sales as it is now! I do not think a dealer network would, in the long run, be beneficial to the factory OR it's customers. The Oliver customization process cannot, IMHO, be succesfully fulfilled.

Chuck 8-)

My first thought is that this is a bad idea.

Dealers will get in the way of the customization experience, they add a lot of middle-man cost, and most of them offer very little ultimate value - particularly when it comes to a unique trailer like an Oliver.

Hmmm...

I think the best "dealer" Oliver can ask for is those of us who live with an Oliver every day and swear by it's excellence. ;) The whole process from seeing them either on line or in person in a parking lot or in a magazine for the first time to finally going to the factory in beautiful Hoenwald TN to pick up your own personal Oliver is such a personal and satisfying experience that would be lost. Dealers are out for themselves, we have all bought cars, we know that and we all dread the thought of having to go through car lot dealers. We showed our Oliver 4 times this last trip, last time was in a Cracker Barrel Restaurant in Lakeland FL. I feel as soon as Oliver turns it's product over to dealers to handle........ the magic will be gone, the prices will skyrocket, and the custom trailer days will be over. Bad Move !!!! Please Say It Ain't So !!! :o

Geri