Water Pump not working for water tank. Any suggestions?

Going

We took our new Ollie out first time this week to test things out.  Mostly going well but first thing was a small leak in shark bite at hot water line.  Caused water to weep out from bottom hull.  Found leak and pressed down on Sharbite and it did move a little.  Appears to have stopped the leak all but a little moist to the touch but not sure yet.  Next I decided to try the boondocking water tank so I followed the instructions for filling my potable water tank, drove to my new site, set everything up, changed the valve configuration to boondocking for water, flipped the water pump switch and nothing. Light at switch did come on but pump never started running and after 15 minutes still never got any water. Couldn’t diagnose so moved to a hookup site. I am fortunate I was at a campground and able to do that verses just being out there.

Anyone got any suggestions on if I am doing something wrong?  I have a call into Richie but it is Sat.  If anyone see this and would like to give me a call at 704.281.8608 that would be great.  If we are able to diagnoise will post

• Moderators

My pump quit working once. There are two wires that connect to the pump. They had both worked themselves lose. Check under the bed, you can see the wires. If they are connected it might be a fuse?  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We took our new Ollie out first time this week to test things out. Mostly going well but first thing was a small leak in shark bite at hot water line. Caused water to weep out from bottom hull. Found leak and pressed down on Sharbite and it did move a little. Appears to have stopped the leak all but a little moist to the touch but not sure yet. Next I decided to try the boondocking water tank so I followed the instructions for filling my potable water tank, drove to my new site, set everything up, changed the valve configuration to boondocking for water, flipped the water pump switch and nothing. Light at switch did come on but pump never started running and after 15 minutes still never got any water. Couldn’t diagnose so moved to a hookup site. I am fortunate I was at a campground and able to do that verses just being out there. Anyone got any suggestions on if I am doing something wrong? I have a call into Richie but it is Sat. If anyone see this and would like to give me a call at 704.281.8608 that would be great. If we are able to diagnoise will post

Don't know about your water leak, but you don't have to reconfigure your valves to use your on board water supply, unless they're set to winterize. Put them back in their original position. When you hook up to the city water portOn your trl the water will come out of your fixtures without having to turn on your water pump, if you fill up your fresh water tank( the other port) you just turn on your pump and water should flow.

STEVEnBETTY

What they said...you don't have to change any valves. If the water tank is full, and the valves are changed, the pressure switch on the pump may just not know to come on. We assumed you did that connecting to city water. Now try just shutting off the city water at the pedestal (you should not have to disconnect). Turn on the pump switch and see what happens. Don't forget there are two switches. One on the control panel to the right of the cabin switches, the other on the front of the vanity. Hopefully a simple fix. Enjoy camping as the leaves are turning rapidly here...

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies. Tried all the switches and fuses and all in on position or not blown. Thanks for the valve explanation. I did misunderstand that in the manual. It says, “Normal Valve Config”, Boondocking Config and Winterization config”. I failed to read under Boondocking the finer print this configuration was just for pulling in water. I didn’t do that. I just hooked up to a pressurized faucet and filled till it overflowed through the overflow outlet.

Having done all the above and corrected my valve configuration, the pump still want come on. Maybe it thinks it is pressurized. I don’t know. I checked the wiring connections too. Don’t know what else to try. Everything else has worked just fine. Being my first trip out I keep thinking it is just a “biological user error” problem and hoped the valves would fix it but still trying.

• Moderators

If you have no hose connected to the city water connection there should be no pressure so the pump should come on. If the two red wires are connected to the bottom of the pump and the fuse is good, not sure what else to suggest. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

If you feel like testing it, send me a PM and I will call you. You should have a test light or multimeter but if you feel like working on it, I just got home :)

Skip up to around 16 or to 17 minutes in this video and look at the valve positions. Then check both wires on the sides of the pump.

Then here's a couple pics out of the owners manual.

Reed

Screenshot_2017-10-07-17-03-17.thumb.png.550834f15acd5c5a70c4f97ca1e3a4c1.png

IMG_20171007_170620.thumb.jpg.34952a224132eb6b6af7578a38ac4763.jpg

• Thanks 2

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Just in case you have the valves in the wrong position, or for some reason the pump is pressured up and working against a closed valve, try simply loosening the outlet connection on the pump to see if it pumps.

This union/hand nut can be seen in the photo Reed posted and is where the hose connects to the output side of the pump.    With the pump switch turned "on" and the water outlet loose, the pump will run unless it's defective or has no power.

If it runs, find the valve closed problem.  If it doesn't run, look for a power problem after the wall switch, like a bad connection.

• Thanks 1

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

• 8 months later...

Just realized I never replied to my post as to what the problem was. The pump was bad. Oliver sent me a new one and no problems since. When I pulled the existing one out and direct connected it to a battery - nothing. I know it worked at the factory because there was plastic shreds in the filter. No other explanation.

• Thanks 1