Third-Party Maintenance Facilities

MDuncan

Matt, I've had good experience with Sun & Fun RV in Iowa City, IA. They are expanding and moving to a new location in Tiffin, Iowa later this month. Jason Essary has communicated with their service manager, Lynn. Lynn is very thorough and has a calm and professional demeanor. I've been very satisfied with the work they've done on the Oliver. Most of that work has been with the factory's involvement.

Another shop in the area is Midwest Frame and Axle in Iowa City. They installed my Dexter EZ Flex and charged a very reasonable amount to do the work. They also replaced the axles/brakes on my Elite II after the axles were deformed due to using jack stands for storage (that's a long story--you may know the details, but I won't share that info here). I highly recommend Midwest Frame and Axle for brake work, wheel bearing replacement or anything to do with the running gear. Great shop.

Don

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

• Moderators
Matt, I’ve used Boerne RV Service and was happy with their work. Boerne RV Service, 125 Industrial Drive, Boerne, TX 78006

I can also vouch for Boerne RV.  They are located about 20 miles north of San Antonio, TX which is also a nice place to visit and see the sites.  Over the last 9 years, they have helped me with The Wonder Egg (Elite I) and the work has been done professionally.  They have experience with both the Elite I and Elite II.  The owners, Ron & Debbie, are very personable and easy to work with.  They can be reached at:  830-816-3883.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Matt, do you also want negative recommendations, AKA “stay away from these guys”? If so, stay away from R&R RV, Spokane WA.....

Thanks for starting this thread, I do hope you can find a good northwest shop to partner with. Try to find one that is willing and able to get a rig into their shop within two weeks, not two months ;( I think you are going to have to find one in a smaller town, not in a big metro area like Seattle or Spokane since those are usually swamped doing warranty repairs on the @#$&* stick built trailers they sell.... outlying small towns would be way better for many reasons....

Bend, OR attracts small high-end RV manufacturers, Earthcruiser, for example. It’s probably due to the very affluent population and business tax incentives. I bet there are some good shops there but I have no experience with them.  Earthcruiser is not a repair shop per se, but they do service and repairs on their wonderful machines and might possibly want to partner with you to do warranty, crash repair, highly professional mods or other stuff for some extra cash flow. It’s definitely worth a phone call to Lance Gillies, owner extrordinaire.

https://www.facebook.com/earthcruiseroverlandvehicles/

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Locally, we've had very little success with independent shops.

However, I did have a great experience a few years ago with the new Camping World in New Port Richey, FL, when we had difficulty with our then new Dometic refrigerator. They handled all the warranty issues with dometic without our intervention.

This crew did a great job. Very professional communication.

We have not had other work done there

Sherry

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Matt:  Byerly RV in St.Louis, MO has worked on our Elite II twice, once to correct a problem with the solar panels (warranty work), and the second time to install the Micro-Aire Easy Start module for the A/C.  Very satisfied with their work.  It's a large facility located off I-44 about 25 miles southwest of St. Louis.

• Thanks 1

Russ & Mary Caslin

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 3.0L diesel

2021 Tundra SR5 Double Cab 5.7 V8

image.png.6c46b7d70855cd1c9364e28641ce0762.png AZARCOFLGAIDILKYLAMIMOMTNMNCOKSCTNTXUTWYmed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I and my brothers have had good experience with Howards RV, 800-516-1994 , 6811 Market  Stre.t,

Wilmington, North Carolina.  Local company with 10 yr+ experience and large facilities.  Convenient

to those  travelers going North/South along coast.  Located southeastern NC.

• 3 years later...
  • Moderators
5 minutes ago, DonnaDuane said:

These guys did a quick and quality repair of my Ollie's fiberglass and gel coat.

Mobile Joe's RV Collision Repair

1675 NW Cornelius Pass Rd Hillsboro, OR 97124

(503) 596-2231

Your report is the first that I've seen citing a repair of the body of an Ollie not done at the Mothership (factory).

Can you give us a bit more detail of what the repair entailed?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Sure. Underneath near the wheel well there was about a 3 inch tear/crack in the fiberglass. Also, where the awning bracket attached to the shell there were hairline cracks in the gel coat. Oliver paid for the repairs because it was still

under warranty. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2018 Elite

TV - Audi Q5 3.0 TDI

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JohnL said:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Shop in the MD, DE, VA  area that could repair a leaking fresh water system? This would require removal of part of the basement flooring.

Use a mobile RV service, the tech will come to the storage location or your driveway and do it hassle free. Your repair is perhaps a cracked check valve, correct? That is a super simple repair IF you have the part at hand. Otherwise it might take two separate visits. Oliver may not pay for two service calls…. If you can remove the floor yourself and locate the leak, then the tech will know what part to bring, or you can get one shipped to you from TN. Good luck.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• The topic was pinned
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/11/2017 at 7:29 AM, MDuncan said:

We are in the process of locating qualified and reputable RV maintenance facilities across the country. The goal is to provide our owner's with outstanding service within reasonable distance. If you have had a good experience with a third-party maintenance shop, please let us know here so we can do additional research and add them to our database. Thanks!

I'm interested if -- in the 5 years since this original post -- you've located anything in the state of Florida, and especially the southwest section. It's a really long haul to Hohenwald. Thanks! 

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.

On 10/11/2017 at 7:29 AM, MDuncan said:

We are in the process of locating qualified and reputable RV maintenance facilities across the country. The goal is to provide our owner's with outstanding service within reasonable distance. If you have had a good experience with a third-party maintenance shop, please let us know here so we can do additional research and add them to our database. Thanks!

Has anyone tried making a Google Map (to share) with all of these 3rd party Service facilities tagged on it? Might be useful in a pinch, on the road... 

• Like 2

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.

For any type of fiberglass repair or polishing/buffing, these guys are top-notch, they were recommended to me by 2 other fiberglass places in Denver, work was done on time, at the price they quoted and was better than expected.  Any fiberglass work that I may need is going to be done by these guys.  If you are not in Denver, it is worth the drive. They worked on our Trillium before we became Oliver Owners.

Calibre Marine Body Shop and Paint

5505 East 48th Avenue, Commerce City, CO, 80216

303-424-7440

https://calibremarine.com/

• Thanks 2

spacer.png

Albert & Terri Sterns

Paonia, Colorado

Elite II Hull #1125 Standard Floorplan / 2017 Ford F250 gas

• 1 month later...