Ladybug Oliver - Hull #261

ladybug

My sister and I picked up our Ladybug Oliver, Oct 12th and camped overnight at at Thousand Trails Natchez Trace to check out all the systems.

Then we drove back to Sugar Hill, Ga and camped for the next week at two campgrounds on Lake Lanier.

So far we are extremely happy with our choice and look forward to many camping adventures ahead.

Ladybug Sisters,

Robin and Susan

IMG_5085.thumb.jpg.f72df2e014b96b904f0bc3d8636d28bf.jpg

• Thanks 4

Susan, 2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed model being towed with a 2017 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4

• Moderator+

Looking good, ladies.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Nice looking set up ladies :) We have a lot of the same options, luv the Truma :)

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Thanks Angela.

Yes there is a story. Our mom passed away in December 2014 (at 80). She had always dreamed of traveling in an RV after retirement but that never worked out for her.

She had a thing for ladybugs (and moose). This is our way of bringing her along on our travels.

One thing I have learned (as a breast cancer survivor) is you have to live your dreams while you can. My sister is retiring in May and our longer travels will start then. But in the meantime we will learn the Ladybug's systems and camp on the weekends all around the Atlanta area.

Hope to see you on the road.

Robin

• Thanks 6

Robin 2017 Legacy Elite II (Twin bed floorplan) Towed with 2017 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewCab 4X4

What a wonderful tribute to your mother!  My parents retired in their late 50's.  They purchased a used Airstream before they retired, but didn't travel with it very much.  Once they retired, they moved to a house in the mountains in Eastern Arizona at 8200 feet.  They left in late October or early November each year in a series of riveted trailers (another Airstream, an Avion, and a Streamline.  They traveled with their trailers until the snow melted--usually in May.  I took one of their Airstreams on a trip from Nebraska to the Canadian Rockies when I was 20 years old and didn't camp with an RV of any type until I purchased my Oliver in 2016.  I think about my parents everytime I hitch up and hit the road.  I hope your Oliver gives you as much pleasure as mine has given me and that you continue to have fond memories of your mother as you go camping.

• Thanks 2

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

Nice looking rig - I'm jealous.

Since our plant tour in August we have been looking and are getting very close to placing an order. I visit the forum almost daily to read and learn what I can about options and camping in an Oliver so we an make the best choices for us.

We just returned from a trip out west in our 5th wheel and plan to put it up for sale as soon as the slide out is fixed AGAIN! Our normal routine is camp for a month and work on it for a month.....hoping for better quality from Oliver and we are really looking forward to not having slides :-(

Enjoy and maybe we'll see you on the road soon.

Darrell & Kathy

• Thanks 2

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Hull #319)

https://www.blogger.com/profile/02054187086533485920

d

Congratulations Robin & Susan! Ladybug is perfect & I love your decal.

My mom & dad (both gone now) loved CB radios & my mom’s handle was ‘Ladybug’.

Happy travels!

• Thanks 1

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

Thanks Angela. Yes there is a story. Our mom passed away in December 2014 (at 80). She had always dreamed of traveling in an RV after retirement but that never worked out for her. She had a thing for ladybugs (and moose). This is our way of bringing her along on our travels. One thing I have learned (as a breast cancer survivor) is you have to live your dreams while you can. My sister is retiring in May and our longer travels will start then. But in the meantime we will learn the Ladybug’s systems and camp on the weekends all around the Atlanta area. Hope to see you on the road. Robin

What a wonderful tribute!  And how awesome to be able to travel with your sister..

My mom’s diagnosis of  metastatic cancer this year  made my husband and I do a double take and realize everything we’ve been putting off.  We stopped talking about getting an Ollie and jumped in!

Cheers on being a survivor!! So wonderful!  Will look for you on the road! Happy trails!!!!!

-Angela

• Thanks 1

2017 Legacy Elite II Standard

2006 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel 4WD

Congrats on the LadyBug. When you hit the open road, in or around  May, be sure to get off the Interstate. You will find that your Oliver has such nice road manners that you will find country roads are a pleasure. If you got solar you won't even have to plug in anywhere. You will find those country diners, yes the ones with the purple vinyl seats, serve some of the best meals and company. We have to assume you are going to head north to introduce the LadyBug to some moose, if so we may see you in passing or around the campfire. You might even be able to watch them pull your lobster direct from the sea. Think Spring...

IMG_20170913_1756593_rewind.thumb.jpg.463b6a3e2603e5567bf0cafe58ece2db.jpg

• Thanks 1

We are definitely going to try to make it to Maine in summer or fall, so maybe we'll see the moose and lobster then!

After returning to Atlanta and setting up camp on Lake Lanier we were excited to see another Oliver in the campground with us (our first sighting of an Oliver in the wild outside of the rally). We look forward to other Oliver sightings in the future.

Robin 2017 Legacy Elite II (Twin bed floorplan) Towed with 2017 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewCab 4X4

• 2 weeks later...