Opinions wanted

Kayrae51

How do people feel about creating an “America the Beautiful” photo section so members can post beautiful & interesting photos of areas they have visited while traveling in their Ollies? We could post a brief description & location so others could see what we are finding and possibly add the site to their list of “places to visit” during their Ollie travels.

The reason I ask; I recently posted some awesome photos on my “Clever Beast travels” topic and don’t think many saw them. I know that I have found photos in various topics that have made me want to travel to those areas. I would love to be able to share and see what others are seeing while out on the road.

Would anybody else be interested in doing this?

Comments & opinions appreciated. Smiles....Kathy

• Thanks 2

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

• Moderators

Kathy -

I'd say "go for it".  That's really the only way to see if others are interested.  Perhaps GPS coordinates would also help others find the spot.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Maybe if they put the # of views in the header, you could see right away how many times people have seen it. We have  voices & posts on there now and I've always liked seeing the number of topic views because that's normal in many forums and it lets you know for sure how many times a topic has been looked at. Maybe just rename Campgrounds and Parks or add them all together. Also, I think location for many of us is an issue... I've read your thread a couple times and seen the pics, but alas I'm stuck right now on the west coast :)

Reed

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Thanks for comments/opinions...it was just food for thought.

In honesty, I've never been to the western states so I find the photos everybody shares delightful! I can dream of seeing them in person some day.....Kathy

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

I think that's a terrific idea, kathy.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I think it would be a wonderful idea!  I love looking at the pictures of where everyone camps.  I love the videos made...and I always learn something from them.  In fact, I was introduced to OTT with Buzzy's videos.   As a wannabe, pictures give me so many ideas.   My vote is:  Do it!!

• Thanks 1

Many THANKS to everybody for their thoughts on this subject. I love Bill’s (rideandfly) idea to make it an ‘America the Beautiful’, Member Photos forum section but I do not know how to get that done or even if its possible to do so. Anybody have the abilty/know how? Kathy

• Moderators

Making a new forum section or a new sub forum is something Matt can do. Would it be better to have a sub forum section under Oliver Camping or Oliver Campfire?  I think it’s a good idea!  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Posted photos in the "Where's Ollie" thread, but it's not always seen on the home front page. We need a section always seen on the front page.

While camping with our Ollies, it's so easy to see beautiful scenes. Most are not planned, that's why I keep a point & shoot camera in my pocket while camping.

Here's an example, walking on the beach in SC one morning while camping:

i-fpsdFmB-L.jpg

Here's another one on the Blue Ridge Parkway:

IMG_0160-L.jpg

Bill

• Thanks 2

LE2

• Moderators

Bill, I’ve been using the Where’s Ollie thread too. In fact I was just getting ready to post some pics from our trip to Colorado and Utah last month. Folks need to post there to bring it out of the past!  Mike

• Thanks 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Agree,

Will post shots in "Where's Ollie" and hope we get a section on the front page seen all the time.  It would be a great place to let Ollies be seen in use at wonderful places we camp.

Sometimes we meet other fine forum members camping, too.

Mr. Trumpetguy:

IMG_0204-L.jpg

• Thanks 3

LE2

Like the way ya’ll are thinking! Never thought of using Where’s Ollie. I think a sub section would work well too. I love sharing those unexpected pleasures that we find during our travels....most are momontary or off the beaten path, etc.

Bill, I love your SC beach photo!

This is the one I took last week in Hiawasee, GA - lke it so much I put it on our profile page

[attachment file=75922]

[attachment file=75922]

DC929E8B-3619-4B7C-AED3-E9EE6817404C.thumb.jpeg.54bc1cae190cbd59b48cbeeb3b11f6f0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Hi everyone... we actually have thought about this and would like to run an annual photo contest out of it. Possible prizes could be a nice new DSLR or Mirriorless camera or other stuff. I have a mirrorless Panasonic Lumix GH4 that is pretty awesome. Probably several prizes to be given away.

My thought is that registered members of the website could upload photos and also vote on the photos. You could share them on social media possibly.

Let me put some thought into this. I think we could build a map with thumbnails or markers that indicate a photo has been taken from the location. I'll need a few fields for the upload form.

Upload - upload the file

Title - Whatever you want to name your photo

Location - possibly can pull this from the photo's meta data and if missing you can input a location

Description - You can write up something about the location, experience, etc.

Date - When the photo was taken, possibly pulled from the photo's meta data

Maybe some type of category field... Campground, National Park, On the Road, etc.

Any input will be appreciated.

• Thanks 6

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

I think we could build a map with thumbnails or markers that indicate a photo has been taken from the location. I’ll need a few fields for the upload form.

Upload – upload the file

Title – Whatever you want to name your photo

Location – possibly can pull this from the photo’s meta data and if missing you can input a location

Description – You can write up something about the location, experience, etc.

Date – When the photo was taken, possibly pulled from the photo’s meta data

Maybe some type of category field… Campground, National Park, On the Road, etc.

Any input will be appreciated.

Matt, fine ideas! If this section is always seen on the forum home page, it would be beneficial to prospective Ollie owners and also helpful to existing owners seeing new places to camp.  Have seen beautiful photos posted here already, but currently hard to go back to find them all! When Mike started "Where's Ollie", it's a fine idea.  That thread is not always seen on the home page. When I see someones post, would be nice to go back a year or two from now and find the post, maybe the new section could have photos/descriptions by state or region? Just a thought.

Thanks,

Bill

• Thanks 1

LE2

I think we could build a map with thumbnails or markers that indicate a photo has been taken from the location. I’ll need a few fields for the upload form.

Matt, I really like this whole plan, and especially the idea of a map. This would work well if people submitted GPS coordinates with their photos. It is quite easy to get GPS info from Google Maps.

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net