Service Contact

ScubaRx

• Moderator+

There have been some changes in Oliver's service structure as of this week.  Effective immediately, the number for scheduling service or ordering parts is 866-205-2621. This number will be answered and/or monitored by Jason Essary.  All calls placed to this number will go to Jason's desk. After five rings it will transfer to his cell phone. If he is unable to answer immediately, leave a message and he will return your call.  These changes are due, in part, to a recent problem with their VoIP system  which resulted in calls to the service department going to an inoperative number thus not being answered.  The outage occurred without Oliver having knowledge of it for a few days. They wish to apologize for all inconveniences that were incurred by the owners.

Please do not call Richie Carroll's cell phone any longer to request service.

The goal here is to have service requests responded to in a more efficient manner.

• Thanks 9

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Effective immediately, the number for scheduling service or ordering parts is 866-205-2621. This number will be answered and/or monitored by Jason Essary.

Steve, what number (and who should we call) if we have a question about service that has been performed, a problem that may not require a service appointment or part, etc.?  I need to call tomorrow to follow up on a freshwater tank issue that relates to service performed at the factory last week.  I assume I'll call the number you supplied and talk to Jason about it?

Don

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

Is there an email address we can use for Jason? If so, it should be added to the Contact page. The current web based Service Request Form is not good in any way, especially since you cannot attach pics or docs to a request.

I am really gunshy about using the phone since there is no paper trail of current and past conversations, and it is more lkely to cause misunderstandings and errors. Plus as I have mentioned in the past, and I am still a little embarrassed to say this, I just have a hard time with heavy southren accents over the phone....

IMHO a written email based system should be primary, with phone calls secondary, if you feel the need for a long conversation.

Do you know if Richie is still working there? He had taken over for Jason but perhaps that did not work out.....

This has been a very frustrating few months for many of us, I hope things will settle down and start running smoothly and efficiently.

Thanks,

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderator+

That number should be used for all past, current and future service questions.

I do not have Jason's email but convention should dictate that it's

Jessary@olivertechnologies.com

I realize some folks like emails and texting but personally, I'd sooner eat a frozen possum!

There is a communication tracking system being developed that Scott can review and yes, Richie still works at Oliver.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Good! I'm still waiting on that call back from Richie and it's been over 2 weeks now since I talked to Anita and then left him 2 messages... They can apologize all day long, but not returning calls after multiple messages have been left is way too common with this company. We need to start billing them for our time fixing everything that they messed up...

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Moderator+

Good! I’m still waiting on that call back from Richie and it’s been over 2 weeks now since I talked to Anita and then left him 2 messages… They can apologize all day long, but not returning calls after multiple messages have been left is way too common with this company. We need to start billing them for our time fixing everything that they messed up…

Personally, if I leave someone a message and they've not returned my call in two hours, they're getting a return call. After two weeks, surely you've realized it has slipped between the cracks.

Perhaps I was not clear earlier, Oliver had a breakdown in their phone system and NO MESSAGES were getting through. They disappeared into the ozone. For about 10 days. None. Now call back on the provided number. If they don't return your call in a timely manner, call me.

662-255-0181

• Thanks 4

Personally, if I leave someone a message and they’ve not returned my call in two hours, they’re getting a return call. After two weeks, surely you’ve realized it has slipped between the cracks.

Perhaps I was not clear earlier, Oliver had a breakdown in their phone system and NO MESSAGES were getting through. They disappeared into the ozone. For about 10 days. None. Now call back on the provided number. If they don’t return your call in a timely manner, call me. 662-255-0181

Slipping between the cracks is what I was talking about. I made 5 calls, talked to Jason once, when it was his job before, then Anita twice, while trying to get a call back from Richie, but it's under warranty until next February, so I have time and I gave it a rest being that the one call should have been enough in the first place. They were looking into it and going to call me back. We're at a point with all of the stripped out screw holes, that I'm past ready to take it in. Whoever screwed the blinds and windows together, along with the service doors, drove their screw gun right past the stopping point, stripping out some of the holes while stripping all the screws forward, all the screws, not just a few... My screw guns have all had adjustable torque heads, even my cheap Dewalt that I have here, it's not rocket science setting the depth correctly. We started finding window latch screws down in the frame rail that had fallen out... Low and behold, one had been totally stripped out also... Tapping a larger threaded hole into the window frame to hold the lock in place just really isn't the right way for another warranty item... Same with the blinds and the list goes on. Window dressing anyone... The good thing is, things continue getting better.

Happy Camping,

null

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

In this new world of "Customer Service" I would never pass up the opportunity to talk to a real person on the phone. Thank you Oliver Travel Trailers for being small enough and considerate enough to still have this option. I, personally, love being able to call OTT and put a face to the person on the other end of the line.

• Thanks 2

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Mark - I've had zero (that I know of) stripped screws in my Oliver (hull #117).  Certainly I realize that Hohenwald is a long way from Montana, but, I really do think that a visit to the factory would go a long way towards mitigating any doubts that you seem to be voicing here.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Mark – I’ve had zero (that I know of) stripped screws in my Oliver (hull #117). Certainly I realize that Hohenwald is a long way from Montana, but, I really do think that a visit to the factory would go a long way towards mitigating any doubts that you seem to be voicing here. Bill

Ditto!

STEVEnBETTY

• Moderators
Please tell me this is not a reoccurring problem across all hull builds. The guilty screw stripper outer person needs a stern talking to and/or remedial training.

I would caution against taking the comments of one owner and and assuming those problems apply to everyone.  Hull 200 has had an unusual number of issues.  As far as stripped screws, I had one on my bathroom window. I found the head on the bathroom floor, clearly over tightened. My understanding is that these windows are received by OTT already assembled so the issue would be with the window manufacturer. I’ve had no other stripped screw issues.

Bill makes a good suggestion on a factory tour. Many of your concerns could be addressed directly. Mike

• Thanks 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Mark:

We are among the very happy & satisfied Oliver owners.  Ours is Elite II hull #217.   Was everything perfect on delivery?  Mostly.  Did we have a few issues once we got home?  Yes.  Were they all fixed?  Yes, but it did require a trip back to Hohenwald.  (In fairness to Oliver, they would have paid for a local repair, but I didn’t have a lot of confidence in the local RV shop.)

Our learning lesson was this.  The usual delivery, if it was like mine, had an explanation of how things work,  and a demonstration of some.  The underlying assumption was that if it was installed it would work, but that didn’t prove to be the case for the water heater on propane.

My belief is that a better delivery practice would have been if I had asked the factory rep to “prove” every operating system  before writing the final check.  If it is supposed to make hot water on either propane or electricity, let’s see it do each one.   If TV sound is supposed to come out of either the TV or the stereo speakers, let’s hear from both.  Will the furnace make heat?  Will the AC blow cold air, or hot if called for.  Does the cell phone amplifier boost the cell signal?  The WiFi booster?  Can the TV really get a broadcast channel.  What has to change before it can show a cable channel?  It might have been tedious, but would have caught some hidden issues.

The learning lesson for us was that taking delivery of an Oliver is not like taking delivery of a new car.  Most of us don’t live in Tennessee, and so the dealer isn’t just down the street for warranty repair.  Everything  needs to be operating correctly before you hook up and drive away.  The further you live from Hohenwald, the more critical a thorough delivery process becomes.

Would we do it again. Absolutely.  We think the Oliver Elite II is the country’s truly outstanding small travel trailer, and we couldn’t be happier with ours.

John Shkor                                                                                                                                                                                     SailorsAshore

• Thanks 2

All calls placed to this number will go to Jason’s desk. After five rings it will transfer to his cell phone. If he is unable to answer immediately, leave a message and he will return your call.

LOL

These changes are due, in part, to a recent problem with their VoIP system which resulted in calls to the service department going to an inoperative number thus not being answered. The outage occurred without Oliver having knowledge of it for a few days. They wish to apologize for all inconveniences that were incurred by the owners. Please do not call Richie Carroll’s cell phone any longer to request service. The goal here is to have service requests responded to in a more efficient manner.

The VoIP problem was real, but I don't think that's all of what's going on here.  When I was there, Ritchie was having an issue with multiple people taking service calls and making appointments, meaning that multiple customers were showing up expecting service with Ritchie being unaware and unprepared to deal with them.  There was a small herd of Ollies trying to get service the day I finally got my Ollie out of the shop.  He was stressed, to put it mildly.  I understand that a week later he fell ill and had to undergo surgery and Jason has taken over in the meantime.

Jason is back in as Service Manager permanently, Richie got hurt out on the floor but will also be returning to the floor as of last week when Jason called me. Hull #200 has had a bunch of small problems, but we haven't had a reason to go back to Howenwald to fix anything. I think a lot of it stems from me finding issues that existed but were never brought to the surface like the water tank issue. Jason and I sat in the trailer until about 7pm at Fall Hollow the night we picked it up... It was raining cats and dogs, we had needed to use a pair of pliers to take a couple stripped screws out to reset the Suburban heater and it had been a long day for the guys who had to finish putting our trailer together. Goldilocks is my 5th trailer, so I have experience and have fixed and maintained my travel trailers for years, so doing a complete walkthrough wasn't needed and we didn't have the time to go thru everything anyway... Jason's dog got hit by a car that night and I told him to head out and he still stuck around, it had been a long day because the trailer wasn't finished when we got there and it was after 5 when we got out of there right before dark. I don't remember exactly when they doubled the production line, but #200 was right there being built during that change over. I mean people were doubling up or using boxes for desks, the office had just started being remodeled, and everyone was crowded into every corner of the warehouse trying to make a space for themselves and their growing pains were gaining speed..

We have had a bunch of minor problems, most of which have been caused by the guy who was either pissed or on a double shift and stripped the screws out all over the place. Even the drawer magnets weren't lined up with their strike plates... So yea, we have had more then our share, but look at how Oliver has gone through and fixed every trailer since. There's no more drawer problem, no more water problem, no more sewer drain problem, no more ground problem, they've added a bladder tank now and their trailers just keep getting better and better as they come off of the line.

I will be tweaking things on this trailer until the day I die because I enjoy doing the work. I guess one of the other problems is that I do look, find the problems, then fix them while videoing the important ones... Lol... A lot of owners before me just didn't know that there even was a water tank problem, Dave had brought it to light last year but it went nowhere. Jason and some of the guys on the floor had asked me what I would do to fix the tank when we picked ours up, being that's my background and I told them that day but I could see that they weren't journeymen plumbers, so we ended up fixing it ourselves and videoing it for everyone. Raspy John came up with the spin weld and the guys at Oliver flew with it, saw the video and now that problem is a thing of the past. So yea, they had some growing pains and ended up sailing thru them because they really do care about their trailers.

Things are really looking up at Oliver after a rough winter last year and you guys ordering trailers now are truly getting the best of the best, with every known problem taken care of and a thing of the past. So remember, when your reading thru what we went thru this last year, it's all in the past, long gone now and we're are back on top and looking good!

Reed

received_10155554196470269.thumb.jpeg.d119c36a359755eb88df389024e02358.jpeg

• Thanks 4

Happy Camping,

null

Well, while you've mostly worked through your problems, trailers with issues are still being delivered off the line.  I had loose screws, missing screws, blown fuses, a brake system that doesn't work, broken water lines, broken water heater, broken fridge, loose wiring, insufficiently sized wiring, missing pieces, water leaks, broken door latches, broken 12v and 120v outlets, upgrades that I paid for that I either had to install myself or just didn't get, and countless finish issues that they couldn't get to because they procrastinated for so long on our trailer that they didn't have time to do a proper QC before we took delivery.  And that list is just off the top of my head.  I'm sure that there are more issues in my notes.

Oliver's problem, in our opinion, isn't with any people in production or service, nor does it have to do with components or the design of the trailer.  The problem lies simply with prioritizing production numbers over quality, and pushing their employees so far that they can't return calls or do the quality job they want to do.  The problem is at the top.  Scott needs to decide if he wants to make the best trailers or if he wants to make Elkhart trailers.  If he wants Elkhart, then he just needs to lower the price and let the quality be what it is.  But if he wants to be the best, then he needs to cut production back to where it was two years ago and get his factory and service ducks back in a row, and only then think about getting the numbers back up.

My advice to everyone we met while on the road - and there was at least one curious soul whenever we stopped for more than 5 minutes - was to find a used Ollie.  Something with a hull number under 200 or a newer one from someone who's gone through and fixed everything.  I just can't recommend at this time that anyone buy a new unit from the factory.  You have to consider that most people aren't like the few of us who travel with a full set of tools and who filled a drawer full of spare parts before their first trip in expectation of having to go through the trailer at every stop to fix loose screws.

The only reason that the trailers arguably don't have the issues of other manufacturers is because the original design from years ago doesn't allow for those types of problems to occur.  And for that reason only, I'm relatively happy with the trailer.  Once I'm done upgrading, fixing, and hardening everything to the way it should be, then it will be a fantastic trailer.  But it won't be an Oliver because it won't be anything that Oliver is right now capable of producing.  I will tell people that I bought a shell from Oliver and built my own trailer because that's essentially what I will have done.

Sorry to hear about Richie’s injury. While I have nothing negative to say about Richie and his short tenure in service, I’m very happy to hear that Jason has returned to the service manager position. My experiences with Jason since picking up my Oliver in March, 2016 have been very positive. He’s a very valuable part of the Oliver ownership experience.

• Thanks 1

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

• Administrators
Well, while you’ve mostly worked through your problems, trailers with issues are still being delivered off the line. I had loose screws, missing screws, blown fuses, a brake system that doesn’t work, broken water lines, broken water heater, broken fridge, loose wiring, insufficiently sized wiring, missing pieces, water leaks, broken door latches, broken 12v and 120v outlets, upgrades that I paid for that I either had to install myself or just didn’t get, and countless finish issues that they couldn’t get to because they procrastinated for so long on our trailer that they didn’t have time to do a proper QC before we took delivery. And that list is just off the top of my head. I’m sure that there are more issues in my notes. Oliver’s problem, in our opinion, isn’t with any people in production or service, nor does it have to do with components or the design of the trailer. The problem lies simply with prioritizing production numbers over quality, and pushing their employees so far that they can’t return calls or do the quality job they want to do. The problem is at the top. Scott needs to decide if he wants to make the best trailers or if he wants to make Elkhart trailers. If he wants Elkhart, then he just needs to lower the price and let the quality be what it is. But if he wants to be the best, then he needs to cut production back to where it was two years ago and get his factory and service ducks back in a row, and only then think about getting the numbers back up. My advice to everyone we met while on the road – and there was at least one curious soul whenever we stopped for more than 5 minutes – was to find a used Ollie. Something with a hull number under 200 or a newer one from someone who’s gone through and fixed everything. I just can’t recommend at this time that anyone buy a new unit from the factory. You have to consider that most people aren’t like the few of us who travel with a full set of tools and who filled a drawer full of spare parts before their first trip in expectation of having to go through the trailer at every stop to fix loose screws. The only reason that the trailers arguably don’t have the issues of other manufacturers is because the original design from years ago doesn’t allow for those types of problems to occur. And for that reason only, I’m relatively happy with the trailer. Once I’m done upgrading, fixing, and hardening everything to the way it should be, then it will be a fantastic trailer. But it won’t be an Oliver because it won’t be anything that Oliver is right now capable of producing. I will tell people that I bought a shell from Oliver and built my own trailer because that’s essentially what I will have done.

Overland... We are extremely sorry to read that you've had several issues with your Oliver. We would like more information about the issues you had and help you if there are issues that have not been addressed. If you don't mind, I'm going to private message you.

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• 1 year later...

Well, while you’ve mostly worked through your problems, trailers with issues are still being delivered off the line. I had loose screws, missing screws, blown fuses, a brake system that doesn’t work, broken water lines, broken water heater, broken fridge, loose wiring, insufficiently sized wiring, missing pieces, water leaks, broken door latches, broken 12v and 120v outlets, upgrades that I paid for that I either had to install myself or just didn’t get, and countless finish issues that they couldn’t get to because they procrastinated for so long on our trailer that they didn’t have time to do a proper QC before we took delivery. And that list is just off the top of my head. I’m sure that there are more issues in my notes. Oliver’s problem, in our opinion, isn’t with any people in production or service, nor does it have to do with components or the design of the trailer. The problem lies simply with prioritizing production numbers over quality, and pushing their employees so far that they can’t return calls or do the quality job they want to do. The problem is at the top. Scott needs to decide if he wants to make the best trailers or if he wants to make Elkhart trailers. If he wants Elkhart, then he just needs to lower the price and let the quality be what it is. But if he wants to be the best, then he needs to cut production back to where it was two years ago and get his factory and service ducks back in a row, and only then think about getting the numbers back up. My advice to everyone we met while on the road – and there was at least one curious soul whenever we stopped for more than 5 minutes – was to find a used Ollie. Something with a hull number under 200 or a newer one from someone who’s gone through and fixed everything. I just can’t recommend at this time that anyone buy a new unit from the factory. You have to consider that most people aren’t like the few of us who travel with a full set of tools and who filled a drawer full of spare parts before their first trip in expectation of having to go through the trailer at every stop to fix loose screws. The only reason that the trailers arguably don’t have the issues of other manufacturers is because the original design from years ago doesn’t allow for those types of problems to occur. And for that reason only, I’m relatively happy with the trailer. Once I’m done upgrading, fixing, and hardening everything to the way it should be, then it will be a fantastic trailer. But it won’t be an Oliver because it won’t be anything that Oliver is right now capable of producing. I will tell people that I bought a shell from Oliver and built my own trailer because that’s essentially what I will have done.

Overland… We are extremely sorry to read that you’ve had several issues with your Oliver. We would like more information about the issues you had and help you if there are issues that have not been addressed. If you don’t mind, I’m going to private message you.

Just as I have been searching for words to express the level of frustration with my 2018 LE II , I stumble onto this seemly timeless post by Overland. It's sad that a year later, nothing has changed. At least now I won't have to lie awake at night wondering if the trailer in my garage is in fact the Oliver designated on my title, and not some lesser knockoff.

• Moderators

“Just as I have been searching for words to express the level of frustration with my 2018 LE II , I stumble onto this seemly timeless post by Overland. It’s sad that a year later, nothing has changed. At least now I won’t have to lie awake at night wondering if the trailer in my garage is in fact the Oliver designated on my title, and not some lesser knockoff.”

bhncb, could you share some details about your frustration? Maybe someone here could help. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Thanks for the offer Mike. Suffice to say that my frustrations are due to a magnitude of issues that are the end result of ineffective quality control.  During my initial period of ownership, not including unresolved issues noted during the delivery walk around, I experienced multiple electrical failures due to poor workmanship, supplier trim/component fit and function problems due to poor quality components that should never have made it past incoming inspection, design or assembly mistakes that should have been obvious during final, a rainwater leak, and now a simple, but costly to fix, suspension failure that is the direct result of QA failures at every stage.

Fortunately, I am proficient at most every level and have corrected a lot of the problems myself, by choice, and often at my own expense for some materials not available directly from OTT. Unfortunately, the suspension issue will require facilities not readily available to me and some significant expense for outside rework. The trailer will go back to Hohenwald for this one, subject to their pending response.

This is my first TT. Were it not for Oliver, I would forever be in the "Still Looking" category. I love my LE II but the experience thus far has been a major disappointment and now has thrown a huge monkey wrench in my winter plans.

I too would like to understand the details of your quality issues. As an owner of a mid year 2018. I have relatively few complaints, certainly not of the "Elkhart" variety. But then I've not had extensive time living in it since purchase. It tows like a dream - looks great, fit and interior finish are great, everything functions as it should, and overall I am happy with the quality.

Sure there were a few things I have "fixed",  most involve exterior finish where a few rough areas needed a little polishing, etc. I've made a few modifications that enhance my usability and ownership experience, but they were not quality related.

I share my experiences on this forum because of the knowledge sharing the forum provides, and the benefits I gain from of other Oliver owners experiences. In respect to your issues, it pains me to hear your not satisfied.  For myself, I would expect the Oliver management to deal with you directly, and fully respond to the issues you bring them - directly.

What you hope to gain here, sharing your problems on the forum, I am not sure, but I am interested in understanding the Oliver response, to the quality defects you have, perceived or not. I would be surprised if yours go unresolved.

RB

• Thanks 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201