Help With TV and Sound

hellsbay988

• Moderator+

Is it the Furion or the Jensen head unit and are you using an HDMI cable

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Not sure if yours is the same as ours, but we assume stereo works? Also have you looked at the heading Oliver University? In there are various years of owners manuals. Hopefully in there, if someone doesn't respond, you will find the answer. Also when I had a problem with, Richie gave me the Furrion phone number and they talked me through some steps. Also during pickup Jason was very knowledgeable about how to connect the two systems. Just be sure to call the new Service number just released yesterday...

Tried the video instructions without success, too.

Another possibility could be cables slipped out of receptacles in back of Furrion unit, requiring the Furrion unit to be moved out far enough to reconnect cables.

When playing DVDs with our Furrion AM/FM/DVD/CD player, 2015 E2, automatically has DVD movie sound in all four speakers with or without being connected to the Jensen TV.  Use the TV remote source button to place the TV in HDMI mode to connect the Furrion unit to the TV.

Bill

LE2

• Moderators

If you’ve got the two menu options set as in the video, it might be a cable connection. I’ve had an audio cable work lose from the back of the TV so that only one channel plays. I also had no sound once until I figured out neither of the speaker buttons on the Furrion were lit, duh, somehow both got turned off. It’s pretty easy to slide the Furrion out so you can make sure the speaker cables are connected.

Do you get sound when playing a DVD or Bluetooth device?  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I have the same 2015 setup.  The speaker selection buttons on the Furion have to be set right and then we control the volume of the DVDs with the Furion volume control knob.  All sound is then directed through the room speakers.

The whole system is awkward and ours only plays DVDs if it's in a good mood and I haven't let it sit on pause for too long.  Disappointing.  I finally got a new DVD player and set it on the cabinet between the beds when we use it.  Unfortunately, that means the sound only goes through the TV.

Any suggestions for a new head to replace the Furion unit?  I'm ready for a better system.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

I think Oliver is using a different company for their stereo now. Maybe it will fit our trailers as replacement.  If I can’t make this one work I might go to a stereo installer and get a custom one.  Some friends of mine just bought a Jayco trailer and the stereo in their trailer blows mine away.  Although I like to be off the grid a lot, I do appreciate some fine tunes out there.

OK, try this.

I also have a 2015 Oliver. You will need the HDMI cable. Check the back of your TV for it.

Turn on your TV and with the TV remote, press the MENU button. Scroll over to AUDIO, then scroll down to TV Speaker, then turn the TV speakers OFF.

Go back to main menu. Scroll over to SETUP, then to AUDIO OUT, change from Variable to FIXED.

On your Furrion (not the remote) set Sterio to AUX.

That's what I did and it works great. Use the A, B, C buttons to select which of the trailer speakers you want to use.

Hope this works for you.

Dave

• Thanks 2

2015 Oliver Elite, Hull 107

1998 Ford E-250, 5.4 liter

Thanks Dave.  That is the same procedure explained on the Oliver video.  The HDMI was unattached and I plugged it into the back of the TV but still can’t get sound from the speakers.  Maybe I need to unplug the red white and yellow wires.  DVD works fine, stereo radio works fine.

Sorry that didn't fix you up. Should have looked at the video first....

I'm pretty sure that audio between the TV and the Furrion is through the HDMI cable (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). If you are still not getting sound and have a connection at the TV, then the connection at the Furrion needs to be checked. On my Elite, there is no access port in either of the overhead storage compartments next to the Furrion. Not sure about the Elite2. You may have to remove the Furrion's trim ring to access its mounting screws and remove the unit enough to inspect all the connections. Never done this so can't advise. I'd call Oliver about the best way to proceed. Good luck!

Dave

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.  I tried them all with no success including pulling the head out to make sure everything was connected. It seems foolish to have a high end trailer like ours that can’t run normal TV sound through the stereo system.  With my limited knowledge of sound systems it could easily be something I’m not doing right.  DVDs work great with stereo sound.  Radio works great as well.  The TVs speaker works fine and maybe that’s the best this system can do.  I can live with that until I find something better.  I will have to find a retro connection before I can hook my iPhone 7 up to the stereo.

60B3E548-E9EE-4211-A065-2429F0071ABE.thumb.jpeg.1585a12649397d18107c4a88e2cce859.jpeg

One last effort! Since the system works great in our 2015 Elite, something is being missed here. Just in case that you were not aware, the volume control for the TV when setup as described above is through the Furrion, not the TV remote!! We have to get up and adjust the volume by turning the volume knob on the Furrion unit. You probably already knew this but just in case.... Sometimes the most simple things elude us. If this isn't it, definitely give Oliver a call.

Dave

I will have to find a retro connection before I can hook my iPhone 7 up to the stereo.

Your iPhone should connect via Bluetooth and if you don't want the loss and clipping you can use a stereo cable and use it tethered.

I never used the TV on its own, no antenna, so I can't help there. But I do use my phone with it.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

We have a 2017 Ollie and having the same and more trouble with the Furion.  I've never been able to run the sound through the speakers.  Almost got the time set on the Furion Receiver once. Furion seems a poor selection I believe for a great trailer.  The small "toy" remote doesn't work well at all.  I'm not a happy camper with this setup, but we can seldom use the radio receiver anyway as usually cannot receive any stations.  Maybe a portable outside whip antenna would help.  No, the youtube video for running the tv through the speakers doesn't help at all on the 2017 Ollie.  We need a "Rally Class" on this system or these components need to be replaced by users I suppose.

J-Rhett

Oliver Legacy Elite II (Irog)

1995 Ford F-250 x4 Turbo Diesel

Trek Bikes, Hobie Cat Kayak

We have a 2017 Ollie and having the same and more trouble with the Furion. I’ve never been able to run the sound through the speakers. Almost got the time set on the Furion Receiver once. Furion seems a poor selection I believe for a great trailer. The small “toy” remote doesn’t work well at all. I’m not a happy camper with this setup, but we can seldom use the radio receiver anyway as usually cannot receive any stations. Maybe a portable outside whip antenna would help. No, the youtube video for running the tv through the speakers doesn’t help at all on the 2017 Ollie. We need a “Rally Class” on this system or these components need to be replaced by users I suppose.

On yours the speakers are labeled a&b, push one to select, if it doesn't work then, there's other problems. A is the rear, b is the front.

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• 1 month later...
I can’t connect my TV sound to the stereo. I have a 2015 trailer without the Kingdome, just regular antenna. I followed the steps on the Oliver video but get no sound out of my stereo speakers. Can anyone help.

Worked on Ollie's TV/Speaker system today.

Previous to today sound would not come out of Furrion speakers by following video instructions mentioned earlier while using TV on antenna. Furrion speakers would work while watching DVD played by the Furrion unit connected to TV by HDMI cable.

Started looking at back of Furrion unit and found audio inlets on back of unit did not have audio cable connected to them. Checked back of TV and audio cables were not connected to TV audio outlets, also. Used 14' of audio cable connecting TV to Furrion audio connections and followed video instructions.  Now we have TV sound coming through Furrion speakers while using the TV with antenna!!!!!   :)

Audio inlet connected red/white audio cable to back of Furrion radio/DVD player:

IMG_0784-L.jpg

The bottom red, white, and yellow cables had been connected to another device, but now they are connected to the TV/Furrion units allowing another "AV" path for Furrion to connect to the TV. We have had intermittent connection issues with the HDMI cable, so it's nice to have another Furrion connection to the TV for DVD use.

If red/white cables connected to TV audio outlet or Furrion audio inlet are unplugged, all sound will be lost through Furrion speakers with TV playing.

My thumb is next to TV red/white audio outlet cables connected to Furrion audio inlet:

IMG_0790-L.jpg

LE2

It can be done. Currently you would Only hear a DVD sound when played through the TV but broadcast TV would only come from the TVs built in speakers.

One possible work around would be using an Apple TV (feeding into the Furion aux input ) that you put on a wifi network from an iPad. iPads work much better than iPhones for picture quality as they have a better video chip. Then you would get Netflix, Hulu , HBO, some free CBS and ABC NEWS ETC.

BUT ASSUMING YOU JUST WANT TO HEAR BROADCAST TV...

1. First come out of the optical digital out port on your TV using a optical cable. I suggest a wire world 6 cable or better.

2. Run the other end of the optical cable into a DAC you  can buy a small one from CEntrance (the Mini -M8) and there are many other manufacturers. Run the output from the DAC into your Furion Aux input. Set your Furion to Aux when you play the TV to hear the sound from the TV.

THIS IS OF COURSE...asssuming your the TV has a optical out but 95% of them do.

I hope that helps. When I get my Oliver I'm putting in an amazingly clear audiophile grade HIFi and I'm going to replace the TV with something much better.

I am going to use McIntosh Car amplifiers that have great parametric EQ modules so I can tailor the sound to overcome much of the acoustic short comings of the being in a fiberglass bread loaf shape. I will either use Boelender Greabner Neo 10 planar magnetic flat midranges or Scan Speak 12 Midranges, a special flat woofer from SB Acoustics, and super high quality tweeters. Head unit will be the Nakamichi TP -1200 tuner preamplifier. Sadly the speakers face down instead out out towards the listeners ears on the Olivers...not sure why this was done as it is not at all ideal  for sound intelligibility which is particularly important to people as they age.

• Thanks 2

It can be done. Currently you would Only hear a DVD sound when played through the TV but broadcast TV would only come from the TVs built in speakers. One possible work around would be using an Apple TV (feeding into the Furion aux input ) that you put on a wifi network from an iPad. iPads work much better than iPhones for picture quality as they have a better video chip. Then you would get Netflix, Hulu , HBO, some free CBS and ABC NEWS ETC. BUT ASSUMING YOU JUST WANT TO HEAR BROADCAST TV… 1. First come out of the optical digital out port on your TV using a optical cable. I suggest a wire world 6 cable or better. 2. Run the other end of the optical cable into a DAC you can buy a small one from CEntrance (the Mini -M8) and there are many other manufacturers. Run the output from the DAC into your Furion Aux input. Set your Furion to Aux when you play the TV to hear the sound from the TV. THIS IS OF COURSE…asssuming your the TV has a optical out but 95% of them do. I hope that helps. When I get my Oliver I’m putting in an amazingly clear audiophile grade HIFi and I’m going to replace the TV with something much better. I am going to use McIntosh Car amplifiers that have great parametric EQ modules so I can tailor the sound to overcome much of the acoustic short comings of the being in a fiberglass bread loaf shape. I will either use Boelender Greabner Neo 10 planar magnetic flat midranges or Scan Speak 12 Midranges, a special flat woofer from SB Acoustics, and super high quality tweeters. Head unit will be the Nakamichi TP -1200 tuner preamplifier. Sadly the speakers face down instead out out towards the listeners ears on the Olivers…not sure why this was done as it is not at all ideal for sound intelligibility which is particularly important to people as they age.

That sounds like the killer set up. There are 3 speakers facing down, one over the dinette and 2 over the rear of the bed. Then one facing out over the closet. But there are lots of places to put speakers in the walls etc. You could even put them over the windows for outside sound or anywhere inside facing out instead of down. Placing speakers in the Ollie will be a snap and if you order it without the speakers then you won't have the unwanted holes under the cabinets.

Reed

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II