Switching out Television woes! HELP!!

dharmardr

Technically, if you are looking to use Apple TV and use the audio system for your sound and not actually use the TV (reception) part, then you can open up your search to include computer monitors that take HDMI inputs.

However if you HAVE TO use a DC powered TV then your selection is extremely limited and none of the screens are very good from what I found when I was searching. I decided I was fine with an AC powered TV and now have a 40" Samsung UHD 4K 7000 series, that sits on the night stand, I got this TV because it can actually mount/fit to the bottom of the overhead area, needless to say, the picture is awesome.

• Thanks 1

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

• Moderators

For us the resolution on the TV is fine for a trailer. I installed an Apple TV and use an HDMI splitter which works well and provides 2 HDMI inputs. I also have an HDMI to Lightening adapter so we can stream San Antonio Spurs game from my iPhone to the TV. Mike

• Thanks 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I'm a bit confused (nothing new there) - I thought that the standard TV was already 1080 and on that small of a TV it is hardly noticeable versus a 720.  I've not actually viewed one of those UHD 4K jobs but for the amount I watch TV while in the Oliver it really doesn't matter.  Looks to me like Mike's splitter idea would solve the problem as long as resolution is not the main issue.

Good luck in finding one - particularly a 12 volt if that is what you're after.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thank you all for the suggestions/advise. We watch very little TV but are avid UCONN Women basketball fans. The splitter will get us the Apple TV connection we need and we will stay with the 12V TV provided by Oliver. Thanks to all for the input.

Grayson

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

I replaced the Jenson with a 110V Samsung.  About same weight, but with much better  resolution and color.  Plugged 110 in outlet in rear storage.  Carry sound bar which I put on nite stand and connect with optical cable.  Also have Blue Ray in rear bin.

• 3 months later...

This may be a dumb question, but does the standard TV that comes in the 2018 models have an hdmi port so I can plug my amazon fire stick into it and stream netflix or any number of available apps? Seems it would as this is 2018 and not 1960. Picking up our new Ollie March 6 and trying to prepare.

roguebooks 2020 Ram Classic 1500 Warlock 4x4 Hemi V-8 2018 Legacy Elite, Hull #309  ALARCOFLINKYLAMIMSMONMOKTNTXsm.jpg

travelmap2023.jpg

From my boating days I remember that people seem to like Majestic (brand) TVs.  Natively 12V, built-in DVD player, high quality, 3-year warranty.  https://www.amazon.com/22-12V-LED-DVD-MMMI/dp/B073Q4CR21/ref=sr_1_2

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

Yes, the TV is HD and yes there is a HDMI port.

Yes, there is an HDMI port, but is occupied by the HDMI cable from the radio/DVD player. There are not two HDMI ports. So you will need to swap out cables if you want to switch from the fire stick to the DVD player. Another option is to use a small HDMI switcher such as this.

• Thanks 3

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

plus a three foot HDMI cord.

If you attach the switcher to the back of the TV with double stick tape, a three foot cord will be way too long. When I mounted an Apple TV and the switcher on the back of the TV, I got an 8 inch and a 12 inch cable.

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

I decided to cancel the 3' cord. Amazon does not carry anything smaller than a 3'. Appears we would only need something to go from TV to switcher and if you attached the switcher to the back of your tv a 4"-6" cable would be plenty. Is there such a thing as radio shack anymore?

roguebooks 2020 Ram Classic 1500 Warlock 4x4 Hemi V-8 2018 Legacy Elite, Hull #309  ALARCOFLINKYLAMIMSMONMOKTNTXsm.jpg

travelmap2023.jpg

Thanks to @davids I found what I think I need on amazon. Ordered a twelve inch that got good reviews and seemed reasonably priced, plus I ordered some two-sided tape, I think Gorilla Glue brand. I was going to wait until I received the switch next week and then run into Walmart (Best Buy is too far out the other direction) and get what I need, but I hate driving in the Florida traffic around here and being around so many people I really do not like. But I love you guys. Thanks.

travelmap2023.jpg

• 1 month later...

We replaced ours with a Samsung TV to make it easier to mirror to our phones and tablets. Replaced with a Samsung 27". Only two things which may be considered a problem for others:  It can only be plugged into a regular outlet and there is no way to hook it up with the stereo to make it surround sound. That's okay because now we have a lot more options. I also am now able to hook up my cameras (still and video), phones, tablets, flash drives, extra HDMI, etc. I am a professional photographer and web site developer, and I needed a way to review my work as well as show to clients. The Samsun has much more capability and I prefer its software over the factory installed TV.

Cash - AKA Sitting Bull

http://www.shot-in-texas.com