Delivery Day Checklist. I guess this is the right place to ask this.

MrBig1

Alright my friends, as a soon to be owner of the LE2 I would like to as you to share your experience concerning problems you have had with your camper. Ones that could have been corrected by some fore knowledge. I have read about stripped out fasteners around the windows and what appears to be problems with other fasteners in other places. Could you please share your experience and maybe we can formulate a checklist and turn it into a sticky. Future members will thank you.

ALAZARCOFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMNMSMOMTNMNCOHSCSDTNTXUTWYmed.jpg

Ray and Betty Jo Bayless

Our two pups Muffinz and Maddie

2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax 6.6 liter 4WD Crew 

2018 Oliver LE2 Twin Bed, Hull #322, Our Igloo on Wheels

• Moderators

Ray & Betty Jo -

Try typing "check list" into the search box.  A member name Buzzy did one of these a couple of years ago and I know that John Davies has also done one.  Both were fairly extensive.

Bill

p.s.  in this search function you will also find check lists for all sorts of other things related to your new Ollie.

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks guys. Still learning to navigate this forum. Platform is just a little different. Not bad, just different. Worked great found a slew of valuable information.

ALAZARCOFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMNMSMOMTNMNCOHSCSDTNTXUTWYmed.jpg

Ray and Betty Jo Bayless

Our two pups Muffinz and Maddie

2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax 6.6 liter 4WD Crew 

2018 Oliver LE2 Twin Bed, Hull #322, Our Igloo on Wheels

• Moderators

Ray & Betty Jo -

When reviewing those lists, keep in mind that Oliver has made a number of items "standard" over the past two years that just may not be included on any of the lists you are looking at.  Therefore, don't forget to add them.  Also, note that at your delivery your Oliver delivery person(s) will also have a checklist which will (most likely) be different than yours AND there will be a bunch of stuff to go over all happening while you are so happy just to be getting your new Ollie.  While this delivery process is usually very enjoyable it is also a bit overwhelming in that there is just sooo much stuff to go over.  When its time - try to relax and enjoy the process, the work you are doing now will go a long way in helping you to do this.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Honestly, there's too much to list... And with all of the changes that Oliver has gone thru this year, it looks like they have a better hand on things now, then they did during the transition and remodeling of the office. Put some faith in the Oliver team and because it is an RV, expect to make repairs and changes because it's just an everyday part of life in any RV. Plus each trailer will have it's own set of problems or defects that can usually be fixed down the road and these are things that take days or weeks to appear.

The one thing that I would add to the list is simply, learn everything that you can about the trailer before picking it up. There's a ton of info on here, Oliver has a ton of information and videos listed in the Oliver University section, I have my movies listed on my profile page, Buzzy has his listed on his profile page and every new trailer that comes out has its own modifications that weren't offered when we picked up our trailers. Others here just have their movies just listed on YouTube and I would love to encourage everyone to post your videos and important pictures on your profile pages here, maybe a video section could be added for people to post their videos? Do a search on YouTube and learn everything that you can before pick up because the list is constantly changing and growing :)

• Thanks 2

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Ray & Betty Jo-

A good check list is a must for pickup day. As good as the folks at Oliver are, they can still miss things, the list will cause you to look at and touch every item. You should look in and under everywhere after you are at the campground as well. Please plan on taking as much time as you can to stay in the Hohenwald area. The more time the better. We stayed about a week and used/tested every major system. This will help in uncovering any weak points. In the following weeks you will still be discovering your new camper. We planned our first several weeks of camping  generally close to Hohenwald and made a few trips back to fix things. This is just the nature of any camper, things get shaken over the road and require attention especially in the beginning. We’ve had ours for seven months with close to 6,000 miles on it now and have loved every minute! You will as well!

Ken

• Thanks 1

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax