Front Jack Motor Not Working

As were hooking up the trailer the other day, the jack motor was working fine until, it wasn't. We went to lower the tongue and there was no power from the switch. I had no way to check for current, so took the  switch out and went to Advance Auto to haver the switch checked. They were of no help so went to Camping World and they checked the switch and said it was ok. Guess the next step is to check the motor. Anyone have any experience with this?

I spoke with Jason and he suggested we check the switch, which we did, then the motor. We are getting current, since the light works, and the fuse looks ok.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

Try running an additional ground wire from the frame to the base of the jack, we had a similar problem, while operating the jack I heard a popping sound  ( it sounded like an electrical arc), the jack quit working but the courtesy light still came on, both fuses were good, turn out to be insufficient ground.

STEVEnBETTY

Our front jack stopped working a couple of days ago but only in up. It worked in down mode. Had to be switch right? It was, bought a new switch and replaced.

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

We've had intermittent problems with ours as well being that twice now it has failed. But once I plugged the trailer into the TV, it came back on. We pulled it apart as much as we could being that it was stuck down and found that we had power past the fuse, but somewhere between the fuse and the switch, inside the motor area, was where power was lost. I called Jason then and let him know that I was working on it but it hasn't happened since. The funny thing was that as soon as I plugged it in to the TV, power to the jack was completely restored... Try plugging in and let me know if it works for you too because it sounds like Steve has it dialed with a bad ground.

Do you have a pick of your fix Steve?

Reed

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Try running an additional ground wire from the frame to the base of the jack, we had a similar problem, while operating the jack I heard a popping sound ( it sounded like an electrical arc), the jack quit working but the courtesy light still came on, both fuses were good, turn out to be insufficient ground.

Great find and nice fix :) The light and everything goes out on mine, definitely a grounding problem as well though so I will add a wire like you did. Thanks for the pictures :)

Reed

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II