Locks for Oliver's Current Custom Bike Rack (uses Thule 594 XT components)

donbob3

I recently had Oliver install their latest bike rack.  I seems to be very stable and uses Thule 594 XT components on Olivers's base which attaches at 2 points.  Unfortunately, did not come with  locks.  Has anyone ordered locks for this and  what info is needed to order them and  what was your source?  Are all locks the same?  Do I need 3 or 4?   There appears to be a carrier to base lock(2) and a bike to carrier lock (2)  and a change key.

• 3 months later...

https://www.amazon.com/Thule-512-Cylinders-Racks-2-Pack/dp/B0002MBP6Y/ref=pd_bxgy_468_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0002MBP6Y&pd_rd_r=6GY7Z5YAMGPJQX48K4X9&pd_rd_w=v8gQ6&pd_rd_wg=PwUIy&refRID=6GY7Z5YAMGPJQX48K4X9&dpID=31R8qsKs05L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail&th=1

You just need the lock inside parts, the “cores”; they are easy to slide into place using the supplied special key. Slide the tool into the core, insert into the hole in the rack, hold the core in place with a finger and withdraw the tool. I don’t have any experience with Thule but it is the same as Yakima products. You definitely want them to be ALL keyed alike.

Check around for pricing, you may find these cheaper locally at a bike shop or sport rack store....

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.