I found and bought a hitch that measures tongue weight wanted to share.

MrBig1

In a reply from Weigh Safe only their 2 inch receivers are compatible with Rock Tamers I sent it back.

Elite 11 delivered  June 24, 2019.  TV 2019 Chevy 2500 Duramax.  First fiberglass hull that does not float, swapping white wake for a black ribbon. Hull number 482. We are happy campers

• 3 years later...
On 11/24/2017 at 11:29 AM, ScubaRx said:

Today I received the 2 5/16" Bulldog Coupler (their item #028462) that I had ordered thru WalMart.  GTW rating for this coupler is 12,500 lbs vs 7000 lbs on the OEM one. Though many would say that is overkill, The Outlaw Oliver II weighs over 7200 lbs so this upgrade is warranted and anyway, I'm all about overkill.  It was about $66.00 and change including shipping.  This will allow me to take full advantage of the Weigh-Safe hitch mount that I've also ordered.  Going from the 2" to the 2 5/16" ball will increase Max GTW from 7500 lbs to 14,500 lbs. This setup now also fully optimizes the capability of the new Silverado 2500 HD truck.

If you are buying a new Oliver Elite II and your plan is to tow with a HD pickup, consider specifying the larger coupler for your build.

Do you know if the Anderson WDH is compatible with the Weigh Safe?   We pick up an LE2 in November.   Our tv requires a wdh.   It's a 2017 Ford Expedition LE with heavy duty tow package.   I like the idea of a hitch scale. 

Thanks,  John

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators
9 hours ago, John Welte said:

Do you know if the Anderson WDH is compatible with the Weigh Safe?

I believe that the answer is NO.

If you look closely at the Andersen you will notice that the "whale tail" attaches to the underside of the assembly.  Actually, there is a continuous "shaft" that extends from the ball of the hitch through a housing and comes out at the bottom to which the whale tail attaches.  It is this shaft rubbing against friction material inside the housing that allows for the "anti-sway" portion of the Andersen.  I'm sure that the Weigh Safe is not constructed in this manner.

Large, zoomable image of Andersen No Sway Weight Distribution Hitch Drop Rise. 4 of 9Large, zoomable image of Weigh Safe Drop Hitch. 1 of 14

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"