Hello from Colorado

Angus

Greetings from Colorado,

My wife and I have been researching RV's from our residence in Colorado. We are first-time RV buyers and would like to take a peak at an Oliver. Anyone near Gunnison, Colorado who would be willing to let us take a peak at your Oliver?

Thanks,

Peter and Patty

Welcome!

Click “See an Ollie” at the menu bar up top, that brings you a map of owners that are willing to show their units. There is one in Ft Collins and one up in Cheyenne, plus a couple in AZ. You may have a road trip in your near future....

Send a request to Oliver, one of the sales folks will email and call the owner(s) with your contact info, then the owner(s) will connect with you directly to arrange a date. It works pretty well, the only problem is when you want to look at two units in one visit, you might not be able to scync them with the owners.

Also, in choosing a unit to look at, make sure that in inclement weather or darkness you will be able to adequately see everything. Visiting an Ollie that is stored in a dim warehouse or parked outside in a howling blizzard will be, well, unproductive, at best.

These are beautiful trailers, try hard to view one that is clean, well lit (the outside) and with all features operating (not completely put to bed for the season).

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Peter and Patty -

When you go to see an Oliver be sure to take a camera and a note pad.  These will help you remember what you saw and, perhaps, spur questions.  Assuming that the Oliver is for you, it will also help you when it comes time to decide on options and decorating.

I'm excited for you!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Not sure about other owners, but I have had a few return for a second visit. The first can be over whelming with all the info and enthusiasm. On the second visit they come with a list of questions, realistic expectations, and are a lot more relaxed. Of course that all depends on the distance required to travel. You will find most Oliver owners are nice people with a lot of pride in the quality and vercitalty of their unit. Good luck with your research. The hardest part is waiting for delivery, after writing the check. See you around a campfire sometime...

• Thanks 3

Thanks for your reply and observations.

We are trying to read as much as possible... research... and absorb. Hopefully we will have good (intelligent!) questions when we finally lay eyes on our first Oliver.

Peter and Patty

Thanks Bill.

We are pretty good about taking pictures, notes, and then de-briefing the visit.

Currently waiting for a call from an Oliver owner in the Denver area, and reading as much as possible about the Oliver. We have done some sailing in the past, and all of this feels very familiar with the Oliver construction.

Peter and Patty

Hello Peter and Patty,

I think maybe we are the Oliver owners near Denver you are waiting to hear from.

Anita called me last week about your interest but we were in San Francisco on a quick business trip and returned home last night.

Also, I tried to call you this morning, but couldn't get an answer.

Please feel free to contact me by the contact info I emailed you earlier today or respond to this thread to meet up.

I look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in your quest for a quality RV. Totality confident you have found that in Oliver.

Regards,

Malcolm J Monlezun

• Thanks 1

Malcolm and Ursula M.

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull # 204 "Olivia"

2016 Ram 2500HD Diesel 4x4

• Moderators
...You will find most Oliver owners are nice people with a lot of pride in the quality and vercitalty of their unit. Good luck with your research. The hardest part is waiting for delivery, after writing the check. See you around a campfire sometime…

Good point. And, we have found the same to be true of the people to whom we've shown our camper. We've met some really nice folks, many who have driven some distance just to see an Oliver.

Years ago, we had returned from the wedding of my college roommate's daughter, and caught up with a couple who had been trying to see our trailer

After an hour in and around the trailer, we enjoyed a beer together. One comment led to another, and Linda and I discovered that we were both very good friends with the same person in Connecticut. My college roommate, her study buddy in grad school in another state.

It's a small world... What a fun day

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.