Twin Bed and Lagun Table questions

Angus

Greetings from Colorado,

Questions about the bed and table options for the Oliver:

1. On the Twin-Bed configuration, does the Lagun table "drop-down" to make a king-size bed?

2. How easy is it to remove the Lagun Table if desired?

3. Does the Lagun Table "swivel" like a hospital bed table? Can it be pushed (swiveled) out of the for a little more room?

Thanks,

Peter and Patty

• Thanks 1

Hi Peter and Patty,

I may not be the best qualified to answer but I will tell you what I know and what I think.

I know that you cannot get the extra basement access door if you choose to get the lagun table...so for that reason we opted to not get it and instead add a table of our own if needed.

What I think - it does not swivel, nor does it drop down to make a king bed. In fact I am not sure what the storage options are for it if any but I think it can be removed.

We recently placed our order for the twin bed option but have not taken possession yet.

• Thanks 1

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Hull #319)

https://www.blogger.com/profile/02054187086533485920

d

• Moderators

Peter & Patty,

It would probably be better to ask someone in the Sales area of Oliver these questions in that I don't think there are that many of these tables out among us.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Darrell & Kathy,

Thanks for your reply.

I was not aware that I could get an extra "basement" access door. Are you talking about an extra storage bin/door underneath the top door of the nightstand?

I saw a picture or video a while back... early in my Oliver exploration... and I swear the table rotated so that it was entirely over one of the beds, thus allowing a little temporary room to move around in that area. Unfortunately, there was no commentary about removing or lowering.

Congrats on your order!

Peter & Patty

I too am interested in insight from anyone that has interest in the Lagun table, from the web, it looks like these types of tables can be adjusted up and down as well as rotated out of the way.   If anyone has further insight it would be appreciated.

John Marilyn and Gracie

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull 172

TV 2017 F250 Diesel 

• Moderators

I've not seen a Lagun table in an Oliver, but I have seen them at boat shows. Amazing and ingenious design. Highly adjustable, and made to swing out if the way.

I'd love to add one in our 2008, replace the little dinette table, but I don't think there's a good attachment point.

Lots of info on the capability of the table available online. They're really gaining traction in the boat world .

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I was not aware that I could get an extra “basement” access door. Are you talking about an extra storage bin/door underneath the top door of the nightstand? 

It is not "extra" storage....just extra access to existing basement storage from the inside.

Apologies for the mis-information on the table :-(

• Thanks 1

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Hull #319)

https://www.blogger.com/profile/02054187086533485920

d

No worries! It does look like hatch in this area, if we are talking about the same thing, would be good for another shelf or storage above the basement storage area.

Peter

I was not aware that I could get an extra “basement” access door. Are you talking about an extra storage bin/door underneath the top door of the nightstand?

It is not “extra” storage….just extra access to existing basement storage from the inside. Apologies for the mis-information on the table ????

Peter & Patty,

Glad you started this thread. When taking photos of our table for this thread, found a small leak in need of repair, too. That will be a Saturday project.

Here's photos of our stock table between twin beds:

IMG_0735-L.jpg

View with table top removed looking at fiberglass cover over basement storage area:

IMG_0737-L.jpg

View from exterior access to storage area under port bed and table:

IMG_0739-L.jpg

Hope this helps!

Bill #75 LE2

• Moderators

I think that what Bill is referring to as a table is what most refer to as the nightstand.  And , it comes standard with the twin bed model.  Yes, there have been at least a couple of people that have put an "access door" to the basement storage area in the bottom of this nightstand below the drawer.  Without this additional access door it is difficult to reach anything that is located in the basement on the curb side of the camper.  In the 2 1/2 years that I've owned my Oliver I've only used the regular standard interior access door (located under the cushion on the street side) once.  The addition (or not) of the Lagun table is another matter in that it would either be on a pedestal attached to the floor or attached to the area below the nightstand drawer with the nightstand left in place.  At least that's how I understand it.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Greetings from Colorado, Questions about the bed and table options for the Oliver: 1. On the Twin-Bed configuration, does the Lagun table “drop-down” to make a king-size bed? 2. How easy is it to remove the Lagun Table if desired? 3. Does the Lagun Table “swivel” like a hospital bed table? Can it be pushed (swiveled) out of the for a little more room? Thanks, Peter and Patty

I wasn't going to chime in but we did ask a lot of questions when ordering ours last year and the Lagun table can be left in for sleeping but it makes the drawers in the nightstand unusable. I don't remember if it had a swivel on it when we talked about it but a sliding swivel could be easily installed. The big problem that we had with it was that it needed to be stored in the closet where the King bed insert is stored on that model. Our closet is full, making this a tough spot to get too.

You can see the lock on the bar under it for removal and it does need to be removed when towing. We went with the King bed and it was an option for that also last year but just trying to store it for us, plus having it block access to the nightstand, turned us off. You should call Anita and see if they have any new pictures of it.

Reed

20171122_120233.jpg.98debd1c90fb5630e2f5ab58c4ff1d05.jpg

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

KountryKamper wrote:

It is a either/or option between the table and the hatch.

And I prefer the hatch. Thanks for finding the photos

Prefer a hatch under the night table, too.   It's a long reach through the exterior door to basement area under the night table. That's on our list of things to install on Ollie.

Thanks,

Bill #75 LE2

We went with the hatch after seeing it in Clair and Kathy Reeds trailer. We could not see a use for the table next to the night stand. Here are a couple photos, in the one looking into the basement you can see the hatch door. Looked like a good laundry shoot to us.

20170826_113812.thumb.jpg.9ff78d289fb7ebcd65df75ce78b4111b.jpg

20170826_112759.thumb.jpg.dc6f0cb50f00673c689776d8e7c0ace3.jpg

• Thanks 2

ABNBNSPEALARCOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMOMTNENHNMNYNCOHOKPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWVWYmed.jpg

Tom & Cheryl 

LE II #305

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax

Yes, that’s our hatch & basement! ???? We really like it. Now that we’ve used it for a while we do wish the hatch was just a bit wider & taller. It would make the area more accessible for storage items. We are thinking about adding a removable divider in the basement. If we need/want to put longer items in the basement we could easily remove the divider.

• Thanks 1

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

The new Oliver owners that post You Tube videos under G&J Roaming & Rolling did a great video of the inside of their new Ollie and they got the Laguna table. You can see on their video that it swivels around in a broad arc. The video gives a good sense of the table’s size, motion, etc.

• Thanks 1

Alison, Ross & Annika

Hull No. 310

Greetings from Colorado, Questions about the bed and table options for the Oliver: 1. On the Twin-Bed configuration, does the Lagun table “drop-down” to make a king-size bed? 2. How easy is it to remove the Lagun Table if desired? 3. Does the Lagun Table “swivel” like a hospital bed table? Can it be pushed (swiveled) out of the for a little more room? Thanks, Peter and Patty

I wasn’t going to chime in but we did ask a lot of questions when ordering ours last year and the Lagun table can be left in for sleeping but it makes the drawers in the nightstand unusable. I don’t remember if it had a swivel on it when we talked about it but a sliding swivel could be easily installed. The big problem that we had with it was that it needed to be stored in the closet where the King bed insert is stored on that model. Our closet is full, making this a tough spot to get too. You can see the lock on the bar under it for removal and it does need to be removed when towing. We went with the King bed and it was an option for that also last year but just trying to store it for us, plus having it block access to the nightstand, turned us off. You should call Anita and see if they have any new pictures of it. Reed 20171122_120233

Reed, Did you guys get the hatch on your king model? We have ordered the king model and I’m wondering if we should get the hatch (obviously harder to use with the king layout!) - Alison

• Thanks 1

Alison, Ross & Annika

Hull No. 310

Reed, Did you guys get the hatch on your king model? We have ordered the king model and I’m wondering if we should get the hatch (obviously harder to use with the king layout!) – Alison

No hatch because we leave the bed up all of the time. That's MY tool box :)

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II