Camping Wine

Mike and Carol

• Moderators

Happy campers should probably drink a wine with a name like Happy Camper!  Enjoying a glass this afternoon at a state park outside of Beaumont, TX. Mid 70s, quiet. Oliver camping at its best....

my2ezupxx2xae12bb1hnu2qxkg9qi0ou.thumb.jpg.fc29ee5b59c7af916e790b676c39254a.jpg

Mike

• Thanks 7

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
Mike & Carol – is that wine any good? Sure looks like a great afternoon of sipping and eating cheese. Bill

Bill, it’s not bad, very clean taste, not oaky.  It was a gift so we saved it for this trip. I googled the winery and they do a Chardonnay, a Merlot and a Cab. All are under $10 a bottle.  I’m going to pick up a couple of reds when we get home to see how they are. Mike

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Our local wine store used to carry these. It was quite good, the reds, too.it made nice gifts to camping friends...

Haven't seen it lately around here.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Better put that in a solo cup and hide the bottle.  :)  There was a ranger at South Llano State Park that gave us heck for displaying some beer.  Thank goodness he retired.  Most Texas State Park employees want all their guest to have a good time and as long as you're not creating problems,  they're happy.  Just don't be too obvious.

• Moderators
Better put that in a solo cup and hide the bottle. ???? There was a ranger at South Llano State Park that gave us heck for displaying some beer. Thank goodness he retired. Most Texas State Park employees want all their guest to have a good time and as long as you’re not creating problems, they’re happy. Just don’t be too obvious.

Had to use real glasses for the photo!  We’re at Village Creek State Park and there is only one other Camper here besides us. I did put the bottle away after the photo. The Ranger drove by twice while we were sitting out but our trailer is between us and the road so it’s pretty private. Mike

Nice pic. I sometime have a glass of hard cider and never even considered that it might be illegal to do so outside. Here in WA at the State Parks it is 100% legal in campgrounds and picnic areas. Intoxication and rude behavior is not. I guess TX is different.

Is there a list of “public use of alcohol in parks” laws, by state? I would appreciate a link.

I would not want to get cited or hauled off to the pokey for having a bottle on my picnic table.... that seems pretty silly to me.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Growing up in SE Louisiana where we have go-cups at just about any bar, it amuses me to think that anywhere in the USA one cannot enjoy alcoholic beverages while outside at one's RV site.  Louisiana may take drinking to the extreme, but if parked in an RV spot and enjoying the outdoors and relaxing...well, it should be a personal choice.  I would never advocate drinking and driving or drinking while hunting; but to not be able to enjoy a drink of choice while sitting outside one's RV parked in a state or national park?  I would be interested to know more about these regulations if someone has links to sites.  Thanks so much.

• Moderators

In my experience these types of regulations have been treated with a bit of a wink and a nod.  I assume that basically these regs were put into place to help reduce the "partying" that was going on.  I've never been approached as long as I was not terribly obvious - i.e.  a can of beer in a koozie is difficult to discern from a can of soda in a koozie.  Even a glass of wine (in a regular wine glass) has never been questioned.  However, I don't recall having a bottle of ----------  just sitting out either.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

We’ve been to many Texas state parks and have enjoyed an adult beverage at every one. As Bill notes, most rangers are not going to bother you by inspecting what you’re drinking. Just don’t put a keg on the picnic table. We’re at Fontainbleau State Park in southern LA tonight. The ranger drove by when I was grilling with the rest of yesterday’s wine in my hand. He waved. Mike

s0h4wiqhqdwlcibe0ucwynrnirmk5clo.thumb.jpg.5be538558ef0dc5315bffe7fa69c8d43.jpg

• Moderator+
...very clean taste, not oaky. It was a gift so we saved it for this trip. I googled the winery and they do a Chardonnay, a Merlot and a Cab. All are under $10 a bottle. I’m going to pick up a couple of reds when we get home to see how they are. Mike

I wish we were sommeliers like you guys. We have trouble telling the difference between Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper.  Mike and Carol have quite an impressive wine collection.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg