Climate problems: Tank freeze risk, temp/humidity sensors, dehumidifying hull

MountainApple

Evidently there are hull drains in the hull, in case of an internal leak. When looking at the hull from underneath they seems to be a SS guard over the hole. Then we noticed more. We have not crawled under or really looked at any of them.

Those are scuppers, and yes there are a few under there. I haven't counted them ;)

The little stainless covers prevent road spray from driving up into the holes and perhaps also add a little venturi type suction to encourage moisture to dribble out. They would not stop insect entry!

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Hello all a few more cents into the well, one thing I would always do is have a back up plan I love my Oliver but any heating system can have issues, run out of propane, have a leak, battery loss, wire loss, sail switch stuck, just plan fail, campground lose electric ( this has happened to us ). We carry a Buddy heater and works very well, warms it up before going to bed and getting up in the morning. This has saved us before with a wire coming loose while in Alaska once. Just some added insurance that we carry and will have in mu truck when we leave next week for quartzite. Safe travels Gary.IMG_0282.thumb.jpg.84dbd2e715789ce0a2173ac74fbe407d.jpg

• Thanks 2

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

We’ve experienced condensation in three areas – under the mats in both the basement and closet, and on the side walls by the beds. The condensation under the mats isn’t enough for me to worry about, other than making sure to pull those mats out when in storage and just making sure the floors underneath stay clean and no mold. By the sides of the bed is more of a problem, as I woke to wet bedding most every morning on this last trip. Cracking the window and running the vent fan on low helpsH, but not completely. I’m not sure what my solution is going to be. I’m going to get a couple of the large RidgeRest pads to put under the mattresses though, just in case there’s condensation there, or enough from the walls to drip down.

Hi Overland

We have found that keeping the nightshades raised an inch or two at night helps to keep the windows from fogging up on the inside of our windows.

Also, I'm a heavy set male while my wife is petite. At times we have found condensation under my mattress but not hers so I,m producing much more body heat than her which I assume is causing the condensation.  We bought and placed a moisture barrier  AIRE-FLOW™ MOISTURE BARRIER  pad under each mattress and have had no more issues. It is inexpensive to purchase a roll and cut it to the size you need. I believe that I used a box cutter at the time. This is the website where we purchased the product. We love the product. Hope this helps.

www.mattressinsider.com

Hap

• Thanks 2

Thanks Hap.  I've always liked that drainage mesh stuff.  It would definitely breathe better and it would fully cover the mattress bottom.  It's hard to beat the price of the RidgeRest pads though, and they'll also add a layer of insulation between the mattress and fiberglass so I think I'll stick with them.  Plus I've already placed the order, lol.  They'll be a few inches short in width, but hopefully that won't be an issue.

My wife doesn't get the condensation either.  I think it's because I sleep with my back up against the wall while she sleeps in the middle of the bed.

Those are scuppers, and yes there are a few under there. I haven’t counted them ???? The little stainless covers prevent road spray from driving up into the holes and perhaps also add a little venturi type suction to encourage moisture to dribble out. They would not stop insect entry! John Davies Spokane WA

John, ours have insect screens on the inside.  If yours doesn't, Oliver may have forgotten and you should ask them to install them the next time you take in your trailer.

On my list of future modifications is a replacement for those things that can be closed or capped.