Ollie owners expectations

Fisher2

As a long time RVer I am a believer in the proverb” you are taking your house and your car down the road, things are going to break. Get them fixed, and keep on going down the road.” But, in reading all the Forum letters, it seems like a lot of problems could be prevented by more care and thought during the build process, especially for a trailer that sells for the price we pay.

Our Ollie hasn’t been finished, but we have many notes from the Forum posts to discuss during our delivery.

• Thanks 1

But, in reading all the Forum letters, it seems like a lot of problems could be prevented by more care and thought during the build process, especially for a trailer that sells for the price we pay...

Exactly... But the newer trailers will or should keep improving as they come out because Oliver implements our fixes into the next generation of trailers. I still have a list that's waiting for a call back from them now, but one by one , each issue has been taken care of.

• Thanks 2

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

As a long time RVer I am a believer in the proverb” you are taking your house and your car down the road, things are going to break. Get them fixed, and keep on going down the road.” But, in reading all the Forum letters, it seems like a lot of problems could be prevented by more care and thought during the build process, especially for a trailer that sells for the price we pay. Our Ollie hasn’t been finished, but we have many notes from the Forum posts to discuss during our delivery.

First Hello there,

I believe in the old sayings "Whatever can go wrong will" and "Chance favors the Prepared". Just about any thing made by man will have a problem or two. What makes the difference to me is how a company reacts to the problems. Based on my experiences with RV's and in a manufacturing career, Olivers are a very well made product. I walked the factory floor and viewed the process. I've read the comments posted in this forum concerning how the Customer Service reacts to complaints. I feel very confident in the companys commitment to building a quality product and providing excellent service after the sale. I haven't had that experience with the other RV models I've owned. Just my thoughts.

• Thanks 4

ALAZARCOFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMNMSMOMTNMNCOHSCSDTNTXUTWYmed.jpg

Ray and Betty Jo Bayless

Our two pups Muffinz and Maddie

2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax 6.6 liter 4WD Crew 

2018 Oliver LE2 Twin Bed, Hull #322, Our Igloo on Wheels

• Moderators

Ray & Betty Jo -

In case you haven't come across it in wandering through the past posts here on the Forum, you might be interested in the "open letter" from the Oliver's dated June 9, 2017 - just enter "Oliver open letter" in the search box.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

In the RV industry, everything is very poorly made in comparison to cars or home appliances or most other expensive consumer goods. It shouldn’t be this way, but until the Feds impose stringent safety guidelines and regulations for RVs, there it is. The important thing for a buyer to consider is that Oliver is well above (almost) all other companies in their determination to please their customers. I am aware of a tiny handfull of really small RV companies that match or perhaps exceeds Oliver’s level, and NONE of those make travel trailers.

And the “bones” of the trailer - the overall design, systems integration, the frame and the hull - are orders of magnitude better than any other mass produced trailer...

I wish there were factory options for high quality diesel fired marine appliances, for a lifted offroad (long travel) suspension, and above all, that they give us a good, reliable electrical installation (in the hidden spaces where the factory harness splices into switch panels and control heads). They are working on the latter, I hope: as of Hull 218 they were nowhere close. The other stuff will probably never happen since most buyers are already more than a little freaked out by the purchase price.

I love my trailer, I will just deal with any stuff that happens. Mouse makes my smile every time I look at him, and I always have to glance back for another look as I walk away. That is always a good sign.

As a final comment, after calamitously horrible owner experiences with a Nash 27Y trailer and a SeaRay 250 Sundancer power boat, over 25 yeas ago, I vowed to never EVER buy another RV. The Ollies are the only travel trailers on the market that forced me to break that vow, and I have no regrets whatsover.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.