Electrics gone haywire

ccarole

Carol,

Sounds like what we ran into our first night.  Scroll through the modes on the control panel and when you get to Fan, make sure it says Auto, (if it was not in Auto, that was probably the condition you experienced).  That should turn off the A/C fan unless A/C is programmed to lower the compartment temperature on the control panel.  Then in Furnace mode if you select the temperature to be above the actual compartment temperature the furnace should come on, assuming the propane is on with usable  quantity.  The furnace mode should not operate the overhead A/C fan if it is in Auto, only the below deck furnace air flow comes into the compartment.

We use a small quartz heater when we are plugged in to shore power to conserve propane and reduce cabin noise.

George

George and Gretchen

Gig Harbor, Wa.

Hull Number 178

LOL!! John, I just deleted that email because Jason emailed me and explained that to me. Thank you so much for contacting me with that info. I guess my solar problems have made me a little jumpy!

I've been using the heater for a couple of weeks now and don't remember changing the fan setting today - must have accidently done it.

So I set it to auto - and that so far is keeping AC off and the heat on.

I'm gonna be wiz bang smart about this trailer one day......

Carole ....and a couple of Malinois

2016 Legacy Elite II #175

2016 Ram 2500 

George and Gretchen,

Ha! Got it.  :-)  Thank you.  Weird I've been using it daily for 2 weeks and well all was fine.  Sneaky dogs probably sabotaged it in retaliation for not getting enough exercise.

Meekly,

Carole

2016 Ram 2500 

Figured out why I was able to use my heater with AC fan turned on HI (without the AC coming on) for the past two weeks. ..because I had not been plugged in for those two weeks. I had only been using the heater when unplugged. Plugged in yesterday and therefore the AC was powered up! Snap!

2016 Ram 2500 

Yep, that would do it.  Kind of a learn as you go project isn't it?  Thanks for sharing the insight, it may benefit others.

Now we are thinking maybe the dogs should get an apology. ????

Safe Travels,

George and Gretchen

George and Gretchen

Gig Harbor, Wa.

Hull Number 178