New Newsletter

Mainiac

Interesting monthly newsletter and update. A great recipe, except it is designed for cooking in an oven!? Maybe a little disconnect here, as if you haven't noticed, the Oliver does not have an oven? Interesting ingredients too. Guess we will have to expand our pantry to get the latest...

• Moderators

I enjoy the newsletters and appreciate the effort put into them. Interesting travel story in this edition!  We tend to “cook simple” while camping, mainly grill and occasional crock pot. There’s an interesting thread on Instant Pot cooking over on Airforums that’s got us wondering if we should try them. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Canoe12 - I too was a bit curious concerning the "oven" but I re-read that article and it specifically says "dutch oven".

Angela - drop a private message to Jason Wamsley here on the Forum with your email address and I'm sure that he will get a copy to you.

Mike & Carol - I agree - no matter how hard I ever tried I simply do not have the ability to put words together so well.  First the Christmas and then the New Year's commentary - I just can't wait to read about Valentine's Day and/or Easter.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Topgun2: indeed it is a Dutch oven, but it is placed in a preheated regular oven. Just saying. Love the recipe, will try to adapt to the equipment we have on hand. If it doesn't work out I guess we can stick to lobsters and steamed clams.

Temps this morning started out at -14 and has 'soared' to + 2. Love reading about nooks and crannies around this great country that would be fun to visit, especially if they are in some place a little warmer. After all that is why we have the Oliver...

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
There’s an interesting thread on Instant Pot cooking over on Airforums that’s got us wondering if we should try them. Mike

The Duo Mini Instant Pot is perfect for one or two people and you won't be stuck with a pile of leftovers.  Leave your crockpot at home and bring this instead so you will also have a pressure cooker!  It is versatile and easy to use.  Very well made components.  You can go exploring all day and come back to an aromatic crockpot delight or bring home freshly purchased ingredients and whip up a meal quickly in your safe, programable pressure cooker.  I love mine.

• Thanks 2

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

I bought one for our daughter. We'll try it out together, and see how it works.

As she is still young, and working, the "instant" pressure cooker side appeals to her....

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
I bought one for our daughter. We’ll try it out together, and see how it works. As she is still young, and working, the “instant” pressure cooker side appeals to her…. Sherry

OK. Ordered this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y1YD5W7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Based on what I’ve seen (and tasted) Pete speaks with some authority when it comes to culinary technique. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderator+

For Christmas, we got a small Instant Pot from one of our daughters to take with us in the trailer. We will be trying it out on the upcoming Quartzsite trip.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I didn't know about the smaller 3 quart unit until reading this thread.  We've got the 6 quart riding in the floor of the Oliver closet.

We've had no problems but there are some negative reviews due to customer support.  I'm thinking of ordering from Amazon and thoroughly checking it out within the return period.  I've heard there are some credit cards that double the warranty on certain products.  That might be worth looking into.

Have we hijacked this thread or what?  ????

• Moderators

When we actually get to use the instant pot, I'll start a new thread. Or follow on someone else's..

They're intriguing. I was always afraid of pressure cooking.

So, now, I will rely on digital tech. Mmmm.

I'll wait and see how it works.

Won't work for me on the road, as solar and battery in our setup would never work.

It's one of those powered campsites luxuries, I think.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

This page works great for keeping track of Amazon prices, you can see price trends and set an alert level for an item, so it will send an email when the price comes down.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Instant-Pot-Mini-Programmable-Pressure/product/B06Y1YD5W7

amazon.png?force=1&zero=0&w=725&h=440&de

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Mike, If you enjoy using your instant pot I would highly recommend checking out the pressurecookingtoday.com website. Barbara has some great recipes listed there! I love my instant pot!

• Thanks 2

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

• Administrators

Reminder to join the Oliver Newsletter:

Fill this form out http://olivertraveltrailers.com/contact-us/ - this will get you added to the newsletter as long as you check to Subscribe to newsletter.  In the comments just put you are signing up for the NEWSLETTER. Afterwards you should receive an email to verify your email, once you verify the email you will be added to the newsletter mailing list.

This will add you to the newsletter mailing list and you will start receiving the monthly newsletter.

Thank you

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules