Here are a few photos from our wonderful tour with Scott. If he pointed at & explained something in detail, I snapped a picture. Embarrassingly, most of these I cannot explain but I thought they might be beneficial for prospective buyers.

We pick up Hull # 292 (Shallow Gal 3) January 17th!

6s0emcvszx2otqc2zsyih84mcw4d48a0.jpg.cfeeff86599a4e21ca54c6fcafe659b0.jpg

• Thanks 11
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

• 3 weeks later...

ShallowGal:

Great pictures, Thank You. I am always amazed at the choices of custom graphics and names. [Like Beluga..the great white whale].  Maybe we ought to start a 'yearbook' of owners, so we know which graphic belongs to who, with their 'school colors'. Then we can tell who we just passed going  the other way.

Question: in your photo #15 (I think) , there is a vent(?) on the window. Is that now standard, and/or an option? This allows the window to be open in the rain? Or maybe going down the road?

Alabama is pretty in places, but didn't think it was supposed to be in the 20s. Had a nephew call from Zephrhills saying his water pump froze and what should he do. I had to laugh a little, it was one degree warmer here than there. We found an interesting place in Florida to camp. Oleano State Park. A 6000 acre town that was abandoned when Flagler took the his train to Miami and started selling beach front swamp land...

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

That looks like an old Maxair vent to me on an Oliver that was in for service.  They stopped making these several years ago and no one seems to know what happened to the molds.  I've heard of people "lucking" into finding one or two on Ebay but ....

Bill

p.s.  if you find them please be sure to get two for me!

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

That looks like an old Maxair vent to me on an Oliver that was in for service. They stopped making these several years ago and no one seems to know what happened to the molds. I’ve heard of people “lucking” into finding one or two on Ebay but …. Bill p.s. if you find them please be sure to get two for me!

If I find some, are they directional? Meaning a left or right? Or are they the same? Just flipped 180? Are they designed for travel or stationary use? Thanks...

They're designed to be able to crack open the window when it's raining, while keeping the rain out :) If you find some, there's plenty of people that will buy them.

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Question: in your photo #15 (I think) , there is a vent(?) on the window. Is that now standard, and/or an option?

I believe that trailer belongs to ScubaRx.

[Like Beluga..the great white whale].

I thought that was quite clever! And I like the idea of a yearbook. It needs to have everyone's pets' names too. Beluga is owned by two gorgeous Golden Retrievers.

We found an interesting place in Florida to camp. Oleano State Park.

Thank you for the tip about  Oleano State Park. I'd not heard of it; my husband knew of it through FFA. He said they used to have Forestry camp there.

Had a nephew call from Zephrhills saying his water pump froze and what should he do.

Us central Florida folk just don't get to experience those arctic temps too often. It's humbling realizing how much of a wimp I truly am.

20180117_160527_1516227304771_001.thumb.jpg.dff40975cfb43413dec773794dbc1c49.jpg

• Thanks 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292

..<span style="line-height: 1.5;">.</span>

Us central Florida folk just don’t get to experience those arctic temps too often. It’s humbling realizing how much of a wimp I truly am.

Did you guys request that they put the safety chains on the front instead of the cables? Or is this another new factory mod? Yours does look much safer the way that they are hooked back in the A-frame.

Here's the style they did on ours - cables...

IMG_20171001_131255.thumb.jpg.ce155a3b8c171b9cdca2abb2d2fbe52c.jpg

Reed

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

..<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>.</span> Us central Florida folk just don’t get to experience those arctic temps too often. It’s humbling realizing how much of a wimp I truly am.

Did you guys request that they put the safety chains on the front instead of the cables? Or is this another new factory mod? Yours does look much safer the way that they are hooked back in the A-frame. Here’s the style they did on ours – cables… IMG_20171001_131255 Reed

The chains pictures on their trailer appear to be the Andersen system chains, the black cables in the front appear to be the safety chains. Which is interesting if so, as I thought they were supposed to cross under the tongue and thus support it, if it disconnects. The way they appear would greatly concern me, if there is any slack when connected, the trailer would completely nose dive, drive the tongue into the pavement all the while your tow vehicle is pulling at speed driving it in harder, surely surpassing the 10,000lb force rating and either ripping apart the rear of the TV, the cable, or the trailer. Maybe that's just overly hyped and it will only disconnect on a perfectly smooth flat road, it will glide to a stop and all will be well..

Edit: Upon further inspection I suppose the angles involved would not allow "driving" the tongue into the ground and it only being dragged on the high incline angle of the tongue front..

The 10,000lb safety chains wouldn't be a new mode, that was old school before hull 125 or so..

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Did you guys request that they put the safety chains on the front instead of the cables? Or is this another new factory mod? Yours does look much safer the way that they are hooked back in the A-frame.

The chains pictures on their trailer appear to be the Andersen system chains, the black cables in the front appear to be the safety chains. Which is interesting if so, as I thought they were supposed to cross under the tongue and thus support it, if it disconnects. The way they appear would greatly concern me ...

I'm not sure what photo y'all are looking at that shows our trailer connected to our truck. In the snow photo it's not connected. We did cross the safety chains (had boats for decades) and the Ollie "chains" are PIA wound tight cables that I hope will relax with time, and heat. :)

Only photo I could find of tongue setup, although not connected to truck. OllieHitch.jpg.bc0842acf73af7a8d37ca7607f47f9ec.jpg

But, seriously, I do appreciate that you took the time to check.

Chris

• Thanks 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292