Visiting the factory

BlaiddDrwg

I'm scheduled to visit the factory soon and I'm trying to work out my travel schedule.  Does anyone have input on how long they've recently spent on the tour and then the amount of time to set down and order their trailer?

The Wanderer setup

TV: 2018 Toyota Sequoia

Trailer Options: Trojan AGM Batteries, 320w Solar package, 30 Amp Convenience pkg, 2000w Inverter, Omni-directional Antenna, Dakota Fiber-Granite, Opaque cabinet doors, Flagstone flooring, KTT mattresses, Inside Basement Access, Black Marble cushions, Anderson hitch, 30# propane tanks, Front and Rear Propane Quick Connects, Truma  Tankless Water Heater, Micro Air, Storage Basket, Bike Rack, Additional Awning, Custom Graphics for the trailer name

There are many variables, but, our tour was scheduled for 10a & lasted about two hours. It was lunch time when it was over, so we went into town for lunch & then went back to the office to meet with Heather & finalize our paperwork. Maybe four hours total?

• Thanks 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

• Moderators

If your time is short - just tell them and I'm sure that they will give you the quick version.  Virtually all of the ordering can be done via email.  If you are not sure about fabric or fiber-granite choices just ask for samples of the ones you like and decide later.  On the other hand, if you have a bunch of time - take your time.  EXCITING!  Have fun with the whole process and take pictures and notes.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Continuing the factory visit thoughts, I noted in another thread that there are many opportunities to upgrade components that aren't listed in the official build sheet.  One option was to use an Atwood AC, while another was to use an AC/DC Marine Fridge.  I'm looking for advice/opinions on any and all options that can be considered prior to my visit in the near future.

The Wanderer setup

Trailer Options: Trojan AGM Batteries, 320w Solar package, 30 Amp Convenience pkg, 2000w Inverter, Omni-directional Antenna, Dakota Fiber-Granite, Opaque cabinet doors, Flagstone flooring, KTT mattresses, Inside Basement Access, Black Marble cushions, Anderson hitch, 30# propane tanks, Front and Rear Propane Quick Connects, Truma  Tankless Water Heater, Micro Air, Storage Basket, Bike Rack, Additional Awning, Custom Graphics for the trailer name

• Moderators

Good luck on compiling a list!

About the only thing I can help you with is the "cover" for the MaxxAir Fan.  The standard is for this to be a translucent white.  But, you can also get this in a translucent smoke/black at no extra charge.  The darker color helps reduce light transmission into the interior.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We went with the Penquin II A/C because of there being a built in drain line. The Atwood runs down the outside of the trailer and leaves streaks. We also went with the storage box rather than the microwave and made a great looking bar. We had no wood finishes in ours so we had them mail us the door and we had a cabinet shop paint it white like the fiberglass. We have removed the hanging bar in the closet as we feel that is a real waste of space. Who needs to “hang” camping clothes. We bought a shelf unit to hold a mini ice maker, toaster oven, drinking water and other beverages. Also took a back of the door shoe bag and trimmed it up to fit the closet door for small items. We picked up 12/19, love it! Have fun...

7356695E-73D6-4827-9991-5FE730DBA64B.thumb.jpeg.e5d2bb32744b9faf20446a9ba1b2c017.jpeg

7031B85C-565D-4FD4-98BA-114BE2CF5CAF.thumb.jpeg.83ef60c86a512eef5e91f031deef8210.jpeg

• Thanks 7

Trish & Jack

We have removed the hanging bar in the closet as we feel that is a real waste of space. Who needs to “hang” camping clothes.  

With that bar you really should be wearing a dinner jacket for cocktails.

I'm curious about the ice maker - what brand and how well does it work?

Also took a back of the door shoe bag and trimmed it up to fit the closet door for small items.

Brilliant! Love this & removing the bar. Looks like this is the Partie Ollie!

Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

• Moderators

Trish & Jack - OK, I took a look but can see no hooks or other visible method of mounting that "shoe bag" on the inside of the closet door.  Given that the surface of the inside of the door is a bit rough/bumpy what did you use to get it to stick?  And, did you stick it in several places or just at the top?

Bill

Mike and Bobbie, please, more details on the ice maker. Kudos on the door organizer. If during your visit  you happen to see #326 rolling down the production line, please grab a photo or three and send to me. #326 goes to production the day of your tour. Thanks, Mark

We'll keep an eye out and snap a few pics.

The Wanderer setup

• Moderators

Love the over the door bag.

Does the new Oliver still have the mirror door? If so, I would be concerned about hanging any sharp or heavier items. Socks and rolled clothes would be fine.

I m always concerned about item bounce in the bath and closet with the mirrors. I work to corral everything in the bathroom and closet. I have a hanging bag, on the rack in the closet. It holds soft rolled clothes. Sideways to the door.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.