Anybody getting Notifications for Private Messages?

I have it selected in my account profile but I never receive them. They are not going into my SPAM folder.

Untitled.png.de42b2cb7eeee5632cd45368631e26a8.png

I missed a bunch of messages since I seldom go to that page to look. It is embarrassing to see ones from 3 months ago that I missed.

Is there something else I can do to guarantee that I will get notified?

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

John - I suspect that what we are seeing, at least at the moment, is due to the work Matt and Jason are performing on the website.  I too am not getting emails when someone sends me a PM (just like the one that Mark just sent).

All I can say is that a PM to Matt and/or Jason mentioning this problem might help.  And, as I do, just check for PM's each time you login.

Hopefully they will have this ongoing work done soon.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Administrators

This is odd because I have always received emails when I get a PM from someone on the forums.

Can anyone else clarify if they do or do not receive an email when they get a PM on this forums?

I will look into this for y'all.

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

• Moderators

Jason - to be fair, Seadawg sent me a PM last night and I DID get an email telling me that I had a PM.  However, I never did get an email about the PM from MontanaOliver.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Jason, I have email notifications turned off.

We used to get an orange dot on the screen at login noting a new pm. That notification was within the forum, and that may be what the others are talking about.

I have not seen that notification in several weeks. I try to remember to go to my account and look, but I've been responding to, and seeing pms, quite late.

I guess I could turn email notifications back on.... It's just that I routinely turn off notifications on every board and social media sites...

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Bob (canoe,12)

Did you receive that notice on email, or the little orange dot and Bell on the forum?

Thanks

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 3 months later...

Any chance of this getting fixed? To see if I have messages, I have to go to my profile and click on the messages tab to see if I have any. I don't get any visual clue on the board and no email notifications even though I have them turned on.

• Moderators

I too have been having this problem - on and off - for a number of weeks now. I know that Jason has been looking into it.

Bill

I am not sure that I have ever seen the little orange dot or bell "thingie". I seem to get an e mail for the rare times someone wants to contact me specifically.

One thing that seems to be a MAJOR distraction is to have that blue field of information at the front of every section. To have that bright green "new info" for zip lining on every page gets old quick...

• Moderator+

Not being an Oliver owner yet, I’ll tend to watch, read and listen more than speak. I’m a basic lurker. I’ll likely provide more pertinent stuff once I’m an owner.

Mark

You should be an owner soon, I saw your trailer at the factory every day this week. Nice front logo...

And...so as to not be totally off topic, I am getting notifications for private messages.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Administrators

The way the system works is if you are not logged in and have not been logged in for the past 1 hour. Then receive a private message, it then emails you that you have a message waiting.

But if you are logged in or show in the active user list for the past 1 hour, it will not send a notification email.

Hope this clears things up a bit!

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

Makes sense, since I never log out. And I don't know how it determines an active user, but I typically keep the forum open in a tab somewhere. I should probably stop that - I've got 86 tabs open in Safari right now and that probably isn't good practice, lol.

• Moderators

Overland -

I'd be willing to bet that the guys and gals at the factory are a bit busy at the moment with the 2018 Rally just around the corner. However, I know that this topic will be discussed at the Rally. If there is anything new on this Forum front, I'll get back here by the middle of next week with a report.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I, too, miss the little bell. I have email notifications turned off. But the little bell used to alert me when I signed in.

I just responded to pms that were three weeks old. I don't remember to check my profile at sign-in for PM's.

So sorry.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

The proposed meeting that was to take place at the Rally never happened. However, a number of things along this line are presently being discussed. I'll update when I can.

Bill

• Thanks 2