Have you been by to check on . . . .

mountainborn

• Moderators

Pete & Oscar ? They are in Florida. Great Trip, great Blog ! They seem to be doing the smart thing about the fickle weather this August, staging from time to time to avoid weather related bad driving conditions. Here is the Blog link:

http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com/

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Hope Pete and all his family are ok... TS Fay made her final pass (of four) dropping a lot of rain everywhere across Florida. A lot of flooding in some areas. Also hope Geri's place is ok in Eastpoint... they're getting hit, too.

Pete's blog has some great new photos and commentary.... Hope you check it out.

Happy traveling, Pete, and best wishes. Here in Pinellas county, the whole storm is pretty minimal.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hey Pete! Welcome to "Sunny" Florida........ what were you thinking coming during hurricane season ? LOL! Yeah Sherry, we are fine......... we got about 3"of rain and several strong wind gusts, that's about it. Tallahassee got the worst of it. If you ever get this way again Pete, we are about an hour south of I-10 ...... Look on the map for Apalachicola, and you will see how close you were to us! Chuck and I camped at that same campground, Econfina River Resort...or whatever. Very nice campground right on the Ecofina River right near where it meets the Gulf of Mexico. Great kyak and canoe trails. Sorry we didn't get to meet. Maybe next time! Have a good journey and I hope you take along good memories of Florida! Geri

• Moderators

After being in the drought in Texas, Oscar thought the two days of rain and wind were something to behold! He liked it so much, we thought we'e chase the moisture as it slides up into the Carolinas. (Gluttons for punishment) We're in McRae, Ga at a great state park heading up to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Yesiree, I'm getting used to this. :lol:

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Pete, Love that photo of your Oliver and its reflection in the water at Ecofina... Really fine!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.