Reporting from Hilton Head Island, SC

Bulldoggy

I did it.  Ordered my Oliver which is scheduled for production in early February.  My dream had always been pulling an Airstream until reading about the Oliver alternative.  Without ever physically seeing the trailer I made a deposit.  A few weeks later I was able to see the factory tour and was not disappointed.  Looking forward to the adventures she may bring.

I live with my lovely wife on the beautiful island of Hilton Head.   We share our house with an unfriendly cat whose name is Pearl.  I have a goal to be an average golfer, far from reaching.  Hoping to visit golf courses around the nation in my travels.  First time travel trailer owner and finding excellent guidance in this forum.

I’m looking forward to our shared experiences and hope to meet some of you along the way.

• Thanks 8

• Moderators

Glad you're here!  At least with the "cool" weather we have been having in both North and South Carolina you have had time to think about all those things you want in your new Oliver.  If any of us can help, just YELL!

Hopefully you are planning on attending the annual Oliver Owner's Rally in May.  Make sure that you get that reservation for both your campsite and for the Rally itself - just click on "Events" above.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 1 month later...

Hello! My story is similar, researched Airstream’s for a few years, but ordered my Oliver sight unseen on recommendation from a good friend. Wanted solar and the composting toilet. Picked it up last November and currently camping at the Hilton Head Harbor RV Resort on HHI! I’ve come every year for 17 years to timeshare, but this is a first time camping here. I’m from MA, and not missing the current snowstorms one bit.

You will love your trailer, just be prepared for a steep learning curve with all the special features. Jason the service manager is terrific, and you will find the forum members will come to your aid quickly!

• Thanks 1

June

Hi June,

Thanks for your message of encouragement. My trailer is currently in production ready for pick-up late April.  While you are at Hilton Head would love to meet and see your Oliver and get some needed advice.  In addition my wife Wendy has not seen the trailer and has wondered about my excitement.  I've been to the RV resort years ago but only for dinner at the Sunset Grill.  If you would like to connect while here please let me know.

Gary

Gary and Wendy,  Welcome!

Fine decision choosing Oliver. You live in a beautiful area, we camped on Hunting Island SC several times.  Hopefully Debbie and I will meet y'all camping in the future and play golf. We always take our clubs and camera.

• Thanks 1

LE2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey June,

We met at the Cracker Barrel in Winchester, VA where you graciously showed your trailer to me and my wife Donna.  We subsequently took the factory tour and have a deposit on an early 2019 production model.  We actually had production scheduled for this May but after re-evaluating the new tax plan, we decided it much better to hold off until next Spring before we shifted monies around.  We're really excited and will be attending the

rally in May to get ideas from current owners.

Hope to see you there.  We'll be in a cabin.

Paul & Donna

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel