33 Olivers Made?

beeser

• Moderators

Sorry, I can't help with the exact number, but I can tell you when ours was made. It is one of the first of the 08's and it came off of the line in the seventh month of 07'.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Probably doesn't matter... 33 or 133... I'm just glad mine is in the number.

On another forum, Tumbleweed compared the Oliver to the Mercedes or Rolls Royce of the molded fiberglass trailers. Probably a good analogy to the Mercedes G series or the Rolls Royce... Oliver trailers are individualized, customized, and as yet, I've not seen two alike. I look at our Oliver as a hand-made, high quality, one-off trailer built just for us. I suspect other Oliver owners feel the same way, and not only feel the confidence in the trailer we do, but enjoy the changes we chose to make it our own. It takes a little more time to hand-build custom Olivers than to stamp out cookie-cutter versions with small changes (heater or no heater? A/C or no A/C?, etc.), but the wait is worth it in the end to most of us. In my opinion, the Oliver family has taken the quality control they use in other lines for the mobile home industry, and moved it over the top for their trailer line.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

When did Oliver sell it's first FG travel trailer? I noticed that Mountainborn and Butcherknife took delivery of theirs in July, 2007. Was theirs the first Oliver sold?

The number 33 came from a post from Chris (in the technomadia build out thread), who said their Oliver was #33. I don't know if that number represents the total number of Oliver's made or the number made this year, or something else.

Were there any 2007 model Oliver travel trailers sold?

• Moderators

Yes, the first Oliver we ever saw was a 2007. Here is a link to a YouTube video of that 07' Oliver, it was being shown at the River Valley Egg Rally in Fort Smith Arkansas, by the then Sales Manager Jared Rose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40vF_7pOxmw

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Apparently, ours was the 33rd made. We just saw #32 leave out of the factory today towards Reno. And there are 3 more to be picked up next week right behind us - and several more in production.

These aren't mass produced trailers. Each one is made with lots of care and attention. Which is something quite special and unique.

- Cherie

• 2 weeks later...

I live way up in Canada( not really that far up just south coast BC) and this trailer is it for my wife and now me as well Ii have been told. :lol: :lol How long have these been made and how likley is it that I may find a used one in NorthAmerica? Any idea's from anyone?

Ok so 33 off the line so far. Typical for my wife to find the newest and most exspensive. How costly are these? she is telling me aprox $30000. and what are the differences between the elite and the classic? does my 1970's Nomad stick and tin Canada style get me a discount? ;) probably not eh! A little canadian for yaall. Is that how you spell that (yaall)?

• Moderator+

Well Lenny that's a good try, actually it's "y'all" short for "you all" or if you're from New Jersey "yous guys." Anyway, always good to hear from our neighbors to the North. There are lots of pictures posted on the web site. They are not the latest editions, as everyone's trailers are so different. You might want to check out the member's trailers that are shown on http://www.flickr.com/groups/oliver-trailers/ These pictures are the most current ones to see.

Steve

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg