chip of the old block

Corcomi

i Just came home to north Georgia from Destin Florida and when I was preparing to winterize the trailer again (third)

as I was opening the hatch where the water controls are I found this “brick” . Apparently it had “moved” from its spot which I assumed was under the bed.  I emailed Jason today and he said that the block is supposed to be under the floor It isn’t secured as it must be removable if there is a need to access or service the tanks. If it is sliding under the floor it’s because it has too much clearance and moving around freely could damage the water lines. He suggested that I should put a shim to make it a tighter fit. fYI

F73A78C2-C116-46C4-A01A-A5505598F255.thumb.jpeg.d9d28646e419e10bf65ad98ca3a39fd4.jpeg

Mark  it was banging around because it was not secured to anything as I mentioned  it is pretty heavy too. It’s a brace for what I believe is the side of the bed as it fits underneath the outer side of the twin bed.

The advise was and I quote “it will probably require a shim to make a tighter fit “. So I guess I will put sone wood shims and hope it doesn’t be some loose again

So I guess I will put sone wood shims and hope it doesn’t be some loose again

NO wood shims, you want to use non-rotting materials that can't trap water.

Good luck.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

So I guess I will put sone wood shims and hope it doesn’t be some loose again

NO wood shims, you want to use non-rotting materials that can’t trap water. Good luck. John Davies Spokane WA

You can get plastic shims that are used to level fountains and bird baths. I think I got mine at Home Depot. Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

If anybody inspects theirs and also finds cigarette butts and empty beer cans in the maintenance spaces, please don’t tell me. Rrrrr

How about drugs or stolen weapons? Those might be OK....

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

If anybody inspects theirs and also finds cigarette butts and empty beer cans in the maintenance spaces, please
don’t
tell me
th?id=OIP.bqj_TybXH1U7fYF47LBVTwHaEs&pid
. Rrrrr

How about drugs or stolen weapons? Those might be OK…. John Davies Spokane WA

As long as they are older S&W and Colt…I’ll take ’em. HOPEFULLY no drugs…jeez John, you’re helping me out here with my quality control hang-ups. ????

It was the rats running around down there that got me.... Poop everywhere...

I hate rats

Just kidding :)

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II