Website and Forums Update

JWalmsley

• Administrators

Hello everyone,

We hope you enjoy the new website and the new look and feel of the forums as much as we enjoyed building it.

The site may have a few layout bugs and if you find anything that does not look right, please feel free to send me a forums private message and we will get it fixed.

We still have much to do and we thank you for your patience in waiting for the maintenance and updates to be completed!

Thank you from all of us at Oliver Travel Trailers!

• Thanks 11

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

I’m glad it is back. Can you tell us some of the changes?

Search is not working right, I sent you a PM.

The following is a test of the picture posting function. Can anyone guess what these stainless hanger brackets are for?

D8C89A53-4B1F-43BD-9DDA-20BDD05BF191.thumb.jpeg.6754baabf028b3f00576573c80f8a59c.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Certainly a more "relaxed" color scheme - I like it. Nice to be "back in the saddle again". THANKS to everyone at Oliver for the work in getting the Forum back up - its been a long week of withdrawal without it.

While the lack of the sidebar is no big deal I hope that the recent topics button will return.

Bill

p.s. John - kind of looks like you are trying to elevate something to me.

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Glad to see the forum back!!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
p.s. John – kind of looks like you are trying to elevate something to me.

It's been an "elevating" week.

Screenshot_20180209-212226.thumb.png.60b3ba596562d2215b849155e3592eef.png

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Administrators

Thanks everyone. We have been working diligently on the new site!

As far as search function:

I have added a new search function above the current search, it's ajax based and searches are performed in real time. Simply type in the "search term" you wish and wait for the results. Results are displayed on the fly below the search. Tell me how it feels and if the functionality is better for you.

Forums wise, there are no real changes to the forums other than the cosmetic changes - colors - responsiveness - overall performance/speed.

Thank you!

- Jason

Tesla-Roadster-Space-3.thumb.jpg.2b0f25dd8b3560c18385c37adde81913.jpg

• Administrators
There is no edit function. When responding with a Fire, we can’t see what we are typing unless we turn the pad. The keyboard covers the response. Hence the need for the edit. The banner with the drip down menu could move up to open the ‘ window?…

Hi Canoe12, please try the edit function now. It should show up now.

Could you show a picture of your screen so I can see what it looks like?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

• Moderator+

Photos in my post are rotated  90°. How do we prevent that from happening?

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Administrators
Photos in my post are rotated 90°. How do we prevent that from happening?

That is how the picture was taken/saved and put on the computer. You have to change the orientation of the picture first , then re-upload and they should be in the correct orientation. I found some documentation on changing photo orientation here.

It would be nice to have a preview button next to the submit button, as a final visual confirmation of how things "look" before submitting. There is no way to confirm appearance when working in text mode.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

There is no edit function. When responding with a Fire, we can’t see what we are typing unless we turn the pad. The keyboard covers the response. Hence the need for the edit. The banner with the drip down menu could move up to open the ‘ window?…

Hi Canoe12, please try the edit function now. It should show up now. Could you show a picture of your screen so I can see what it looks like? Thanks!

Nope, it's not there for me either, Samsung Galaxy S7 using chrome browser.

Screenshot_20180211-080343

• Thanks 1

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

It was there for me yesterday, on Safari, but now it's gone.

On a related note, the edit timeout is a bit strict.  It would be nicer to have some more time to fix my typos, and it might be nice as well to have a short grace period where those things can be fixed without stamping an edit note on the post.

As far as search function: I have added a new search function above the current search, it’s ajax based and searches are performed in real time. Simply type in the “search term” you wish and wait for the results. Results are displayed on the fly below the search. Tell me how it feels and if the functionality is better for you. – Jason

That new Search is great, it no longer loads the entire post plus imbedded pictures plus all the stuff at the bottom. It shows just a couple of lines of title and text, enough to show what it is about. The list is much easier to scroll through. It does however seem very slow to show results. Can it be speeded up?

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I can’t edit at all, from my iPad. Immediately after posting, there is no Edit button.

I wanted to add that the new Search took 15 seconds, the old version 6 seconds.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Administrators

I'll look at the edit functions tomorrow morning,it was never intended to restrict editing. Most likely just an option oversight.

That's good to hear about the new search, as far as speeding it up, it's as fast as it's going to get for right now.

Thanks,

Jason

• Moderators

For those that have not - check out the FAQS (see black banner for button above).  There are some answers there to some questions asked long ago.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"