Burning Man

technomadia

Chris and I are Burning Man bound (which starts just next weekend!), and will be hosting a theme camp called 'Camp Nomadia'. We'll be located at 4:30 and Edsel. Anyone on the playa who would like a tour of an Oliver - stop on by, or visit during one of our advertised 'Nomadic Happy Hours' which can be found on the Who, What, When Guide.

Anyone else taking their Oliver to Burning Man? We'd love to meet up!

- Cherie

• Moderators

It is Friday, so we know that you guys are very busy out on the Playa, early entry passes in hand. I'll bet you left the staging area @ 0001 hours ! With five early entry passes, getting ready for the rest of the NOMADS will go easier.

First order of business I am guessing, will be to stake out the camp and post a sign or banner. The camp plan looks really good with the larger campers blocking wind for the tents on the interior nearer to the game area.

The camp roster seems to be plumping up !

Chris & Cherie, you guys have fun out there !

Oh, yeh, PHOTOS ! VIDEO ! We need em' ! 8-)

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Thanks for the enthusiasm, mountainborn :)

We're currently in Reno - camped overnight for our staging area. Traveled over the Sierra's with empty tanks - so we will top everything off here this morning and make the 3-4 hour drive out to Black Rock City soon. Chris is still snoozing :) No need for us to rush out there, we had our first Nomadians arrive yesterday morning to stake out our claim.

And, we need to make one more trip to a store to get some other essentials to keep us hydrated and non-sunburnt on the playa.

Upon our return, we may just stay in Reno and try to rendezvous with the Oliver road tour, as it looks like they're in Reno post-Burning Man too. Should probably drop them a line and check-in before we leave out.

There is limited wifi access out on the playa, so we may be checking in from time to time. But no promises - it may be 10-12 days before anyone hears much from us.

Y'all have fun - wherever you are!

- Cherie

• Moderators

Have a great time! We'll all be thinking of you.

Sherry & Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Butcherknife & I have been watching the weather for Nevada, but there is nothing quite like an onsite report. How about it Cherie ? Windy ? Dusty ? Estimate of the population of the Nomadic city of Black Rock City ? Black Rock Ranger episodes ? Photo's of this years MAN ?

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

We're still on the playa - will probably leave out in the morning. Since we have no time table, we like to avoid the mass exodus into Reno and put our time into helping clean up the city. We'll probably hit Reno mid afternoon Tuesday (which looks like we'll just miss the traveling Oliver crew.. bummer) and stay a day or to cleaning up before heading to Sacramento.

Weather has been variable, as usual. High winds, white-outs, dust storms, gorgeously clear days. The temps have actually been rather mild - perhaps hitting the mid-90s. Today, it only got up to about 70 - it's been absolutely delightful.

And the Oliver has been *awesome* to be in here on the playa. I feel so spoiled having A/C, fridge, inside cooking and our own bathroom. Now that we've been here about 10 days, we have nearby campmates coming up to say 'I kept expecting your trailer to start looking dirty.. but it's always so clean and shiny on the outside!'. We've given many many tours of it too to many impressed burners.

I'd say Camp Nomadia ended up with about 25 folks, and BM as a whole had a population of almost 50,000 this year.

Chris and I have likely been some of the few out here that are here to rest and not party. The past few months have been chaotic, and it's been wonderful to be still and watch the city come together and come apart from our comfy house.

And, I think we have named our Oliver while out here. Orion seems fitting, as from across the playa the LED ground lights look like Orion's belt to becon us home.

- Cherie

Technomadia,

Pam, Dave and I are still in the Reno area. I think today we will be at Cabela's by Boomtown outside of Reno. We will be in the Reno area for two more weeks. The International Camel Race this coming weekend in Virginia City, and the Air Show in Reno the following weekend. We would love to meet up with you if you have time.

Northwoods