Recommendations on Dehumidifiers ?

BorninPalatka

We have been using this one for several years in the camper. No compressor and very low amp draw. I carry it with us on long trips and also use the larger version in our garage. It works great in the camper.

https://www.amazon.com/EcoSeb-DD122EA-SIMPLE-Desiccant-Dehumidifier-15-Pint/dp/B00KHJIC04/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1518632975&sr=1-1&keywords=ecoseb+desiccant+dehumidifier&dpID=41LrblthRUL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

• Thanks 4

ABNBNSPEALARCOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMOMTNENHNMNYNCOHOKPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWVWYmed.jpg

Tom & Cheryl 

LE II #305

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax

• Moderators

Air flow is really the key. Are you able to store your Ollie at home?

There is nothing in the Oliver, other than cushions,  that can grow mold. It's all fiberglass, aluminium, and inorganic.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...
We use the EcoSeb also and it is great! Highly recommend.

Our EcoSeb just arrived today and I'm very pleased with how quiet it is on low and with the small size. I would also like to know where current owners place the unit in their OTT's? It's small enough to store in the OTT closet with ease when not in use and seems big enough to work effectively with the trailer. At the moment I'm giving it try in our laundry room but the real test will be in April on our Alaska trip. I can't wait to get back on the road.

Hap

• Thanks 1

We use the EcoSeb also and it is great! Highly recommend.

Our EcoSeb just arrived today and I’m very pleased with how quiet it is on low and with the small size. I would also like to know where current owners place the unit in their OTT’s? It’s small enough to store in the OTT closet with ease when not in use and seems big enough to work effectively with the trailer. At the moment I’m giving it try in our laundry room but the real test will be in April on our Alaska trip. I can’t wait to get back on the road. Hap

Since we have a truck we carry ours in the bed.

ABNBNSPEALARCOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMOMTNENHNMNYNCOHOKPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWVWYmed.jpg

Tom & Cheryl 

LE II #305

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax

• 2 years later...

The dehumidifier mentioned about is not currently available on Amazon.  However, this one is.  Looks like the same specs.  Anyone have experience with the Ivation 13-pint unit?

https://www.amazon.com/Ivation-13-Pint-Small-Area-Desiccant-Dehumidifier/dp/B07B8SCPZ4

Power draw is 280w (low)/470w (high).  Will this restrict use to only when on shore power?  We ordered our Oliver Elite II with the lithium pro package.

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

In summer storage, I sometimes use two or three of the $1 tubs of desiccant from Dollar Tree (like drize the air, but $1).  No power required.  I set them in the kitchen and bath sinks, in case they would ever overflow. .

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

36 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

In summer storage, I sometimes use two or three of the $1 tubs of desiccant from Dollar Tree (like drize the air, but $1).  No power required.  I set them in the kitchen and bath sinks, in case they would ever overflow. .

We have used these in all our RVs while parked, in cooler weather and they work very well - two or three inside and one in the basement.  However, they are not great for use while the RV is occupied.  1. They are messy  2. They are not intended to remove the amount of moisture that collects overnight from respiration and cooler temperatures.  We are looking for a good solution to keep condensation at bay while camping during colder weather, as we will be doing on our way home to Oregon from picking up our Oliver on December 7.

Ray and Susan Huff

14 hours ago, Susan Huff said:

The dehumidifier mentioned about is not currently available on Amazon.  However, this one is.  Looks like the same specs.  Anyone have experience with the Ivation 13-pint unit?

https://www.amazon.com/Ivation-13-Pint-Small-Area-Desiccant-Dehumidifier/dp/B07B8SCPZ4

Power draw is 280w (low)/470w (high).  Will this restrict use to only when on shore power?  We ordered our Oliver Elite II with the lithium pro package.

Can't comment on the dehumidifier although it looks decent.  It will draw 3.9 amps on high and 2.33 amps on low.  With the Lithium package, you could "theoretically" run the dehumidifier on high for about 100 hours (4 days) before your Lithiums were completely drained.  Of course, you would never do this without recharging your batteries, but this unit doesn't draw that many amps compared to some things (like a hair dryer or microwave).

• Thanks 1

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

1 hour ago, NCeagle said:

Can't comment on the dehumidifier although it looks decent.  It will draw 3.9 amps on high and 2.33 amps on low.  With the Lithium package, you could "theoretically" run the dehumidifier on high for about 100 hours (4 days) before your Lithiums were completely drained.  Of course, you would never do this without recharging your batteries, but this unit doesn't draw that many amps compared to some things (like a hair dryer or microwave).

Thanks for clearing the air lol

Ray and Susan Huff

1 hour ago, NCeagle said:

minus the additional loss for the inverter, which is needed to keep this running - not sure what the drain is for that

• Like 1

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

55 minutes ago, Jim_Oker said:

minus the additional loss for the inverter, which is needed to keep this running - not sure what the drain is for that

True . . . . . . but with 100 "theoretical days" that shouldn't break the (battery) bank.

Ray and Susan Huff

Just now, Jim_Oker said:

hours not days

Oops!!! . . . . . . Thanks for pointing that out . . . . . 100 days would be awesome . . . . . . or maybe an Oliver powered by Mr. Fusion . . . . . BTTF fans will understand :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ray and Susan Huff

4 minutes ago, Susan Huff said:

Oops!!! . . . . . . Thanks for pointing that out . . . . . 100 days would be awesome . . . . . . or maybe an Oliver powered by Mr. Fusion . . . . . BTTF fans will understand :classic_wink:

I vote for antimatter!

• Haha 1

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

Just now, Jim_Oker said:

I vote for antimatter!

Funny you should mention that.  I recall, as an inquisitive youngster, asking Dad to explain antimater.  Wish I could remember his answer!

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff