Hull #319 Has left the nest

wdw0528

We took possession of our Ollie this week.

We spent two nights camping locally (Natchez Trace) which turned out to be a great idea as it gave us time to field test all of the systems and get comfortable.

We are now home and planning the maiden voyage - a three week loop thru south Florida.

Happy Campers with big plans - looking at her makes us want to leave home.

IMG_0804.thumb.jpg.4da90017cb7f27f4cadb919b3b141a28.jpg

IMG_0803.thumb.jpg.818b5cf186a71c3326439e77fd1799d7.jpg

• Thanks 9

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Hull #319)

https://www.blogger.com/profile/02054187086533485920

d

• Moderators

Congratulations! We hope you enjoy your   oliver as much as we have loved ours iver the last ten years.

Wishing you many miles of smiles...

Sherry.

Ps I see that your profile picture is on board lulubell, out of Valdez. Great captain and crew. And isn't that a beautiful vessel? If you head back in your trailer, I recommend camping (free) in old Valdez, near the water...

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Ps I see that your profile picture is on board lulubell, out of Valdez. Great captain and crew. And isn’t that a beautiful vessel? If you head back in your trailer, I recommend camping (free) in old Valdez, near the water…

Yes - that was a great day we spent on the LuLu Belle with Captain Fred. Would love to get back in the Ollie

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

d

• Moderators

Darrell & Kathy - Sounds like all is well and the fun of planning adventures is well underway.  I too have difficulty with looking at my Ollie and just wanting to get in and go.  I think that this is a good thing.  Welcome to the family and I hope that we can share a campfire someday.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Hull # 319.. WOW... We picked up #211 in April of last year. That means OTT is on track to produce over 100 units this year. With their growing pain challenges obviously mostly overcome, it is nice to see them still producing a quality product and on time.

With the weatherman saying it might soar to near 50+ next week, the thoughts of wander lust have kicked in. We took the tractor down and cut a road through 2' of snow. Towards the end of the month we will hook on and point the windshield in a southerly heading. Surely that will give me time to take the snowplow off and load the truck. A warm pretzel and noodles sounds like a plan, to start. A drive across the old 'Conowingo Dam' at the head of the Chesapeake Bay  might be fun. Then maybe St. George street in St.Augustine and on to Oleano State Park at some point. Nowhere will the plans involve an Interstate. Surely there is a waterfall, an old gristmill, or roadside diner I haven't seen before. The whole time keeping an eye out for that usual early spring blizzard. Wonder if we will make it home before Memorial Day?

• Thanks 4

• Moderators

We've been above 70 for the past two days here in Western North Carolina, but, tomorrow's high is forecast to be a below normal 47.  Its still only the middle of February but it is nice to see the normal daily highs are going up and the Spring bulbs are up with a few blooming.  Before long it will be time to complain about how hot it is!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

The Oliver is way down in the left corner. It is watching the ten deer.

Wow!!!

Did you dig off the roof or do you leave the heat on? It looks great :-)

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

The Oliver is way down in the left corner. It is watching the ten deer.

Wow!!! Did you dig off the roof or do you leave the heat on? It looks great ?

After two back to back 12" snow storms we did use the plastic roof rake on one side. It was going to be close to -20 for two weeks so we wanted the batteries to keep getting a little charge. After that we haven't touched it. It seems to shed the snow on its own. We checked it a couple of times and it was maintaining a charge through the ice and snow. I do want to get it out of the field before "mud season" starts..

• Thanks 2

Love your interior, and it’s nice to see what the new t.v. location looks like. I’m very confused about the hull number - we pick up in June, and Anita told me just last week that our hull number is 310! I wonder if I misunderstood her.

• Thanks 1

Alison, Ross & Annika

Hull No. 310

We are now home and planning the maiden voyage – a three week loop thru south Florida. Happy Campers with big plans – looking at her makes us want to leave home.

We just spent 10 days in Monument Lake Campground on Hwy 41 on north side of the Everglades. It's a Federal campground, so your Gezzer pass is good. There are no electric or water hookups, so there always seems to be openings. Plus there is a big AT&T tower real close, so cell service is good. We had originally split our time between Monument and Midway Campground. Midway had electric hookups and paved roads, and is always booked up. We decided to trade the good cell service for electric service, because "solar rocks". The camp hosts were a interesting couple, they were from Maine, and have been hosting there for 10 years.

Stan

• Thanks 1

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

Love your interior, and it’s nice to see what the new t.v. location looks like. I’m very confused about the hull number – we pick up in June, and Anita told me just last week that our hull number is 310! I wonder if I misunderstood her.

Thanks Allison - not sure what to tell you about the hull numbers...we had no idea what hull number we were getting until the day we picked her up.

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

d

Stan & Carol – I’ll bet that there wasn’t a brand new Oliver camped right across the road from you in either place! Bill

No, but we did pass one going eastbound on Hwy 41 as we were heading to Everglades City. We did have a Casida close by for a couple of days.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• 6 months later...

Beautiful trailer! Looks like you selected the Lonseal Walnut and Holly flooring upgrade. We are considering his flooring, do you have thoughts on your selection? We have a rather large dog and I am thinking about durability, ease of cleaning, in addition to great looking flooring. How did you come to your decision to upgrade to this flooring?

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

Sorry for the delayed response - we are traveling in areas with little or no cell and internet service :-)

We are happy with our choices - we have the following:

Fiber Granite - Paradise Beach (white)

Flooring - Loneseal MW377

Fabric - Mink IN105

These descriptions were taken directly from the bill of sale.

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

d

• 5 months later...

What type of bed mattress did you order and how's it working?   Where custodians the bedding materials?  Are those bunk bedsheets?

Also for the first two nights did you have any issues that required a return to factory?

We will pickup in August 2019.

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg