New Oliver coming to Minnesota

KenB

Hello Oliver friends,

My wife and I have placed an order, sent a down payment, and have picked out most of the options for our new Elite II to be delivered in June.  We both read the Forum on a regular basis and occasionally have thoughts to contribute.  It seems time to introduce ourselves.

I'm a high school shop teacher of 20 years who enjoys time off in the summer.  My wife also works for a school district, but in a year round technology support position.  When the two boys were little the three of us visited every State Park in Minnesota together while my wife was home working.  Fortunately, she was able to make 1/2 the trips with us.  Stopping at each of the approximately 70 parks took five summers.  The trailer we traveled in was a 18' hybrid with two bunk ends.  We tired of the set up and condensation issues that come with sleeping in the tent ends.  The boys are off to college, or soon to be, so she and I are looking to move into a camper that will be a better fit for just the two of us.  We have over a dozen summers of good travel memories in that hybrid camper, but it's time to move on.

We now travel with our two hunting English Setters.  Both are excellent travelers and ruffed grouse hunters with an occasional pheasant trip thrown in.

Recently we upgraded from a Toyota 4Runner to a 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser for our tow vehicle and my daily driver.  We are very much enjoying the new Land Cruiser with it's 5.7 liter V8 and the upgraded trim level.

We will contribute as we are able and look forward to continuing to read the forum.

Ken and Julie

• Thanks 2

2013 Toyota Land Cruiser 200

2018 Twin Bed Elite II #351

• Moderators

Ken & Julie -

Welcome to the family!  June will be here before you know it and look at the time that you have between now and then to plan those trips.

It sure would be a nice intro for the two of you to attend this year's Owner's Rally - hope that you can make it.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Welcome! We too had a hybrid for about5 years, not a pleasant experience, delamination, water pump wouldn't prime on its own, and condensation out the wazoo in the winter, too many other problems to list. Glad we went with the oliver, it has been relatively trouble free!!

Steve

STEVEnBETTY