External Satellite hook up question

wdw0528

I added an external satellite TV today but not without trouble/questions on the Oliver part of the install. Hoping that some of you may offer some insight based on your experience.

On delivery I was told that in order to add the external satellite all I needed to do was run the coax to the appropriate external receptacle and then hook the inside coax (located in the top/rear cabinet) to the receiver (Dish). Then the three RCA type cables (red/white - audio and yellow - video) to the back of the TV. (At least that is what I understood when I asked the question).

Unfortunately that did not provide a signal from the Dish receiver to the TV.  I tried changing the input source on the TV to every setting with no success. Upon closer inspection I saw that there was an HDMI cable already plugged into the TV but I am not sure where the other end goes? I expected that should be in the cabinet to be used for the Dish receiver but it wasn't three? If not - where does it go?

So I unplugged the HDMI from the TV and ran another HDMI cable from the TV to the Dish receiver and it works perfectly...only problem is I now have an HDMI cable that is not properly routed....this is a temporary work around but I'd like to get a more permanent acceptable solution.

Any help appreciated.

BTW - I left a message at OTT (Richie Carroll - who did my delivery/acceptance). Is there a different POC that would be more appropriate for this line of questions? If so, a name and number would be appreciated

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Hull #319)

https://www.blogger.com/profile/02054187086533485920

d

• Moderators

Darrel, I would check with Jason, I’ll send his mobile number by PM. In my trailer the HDMI cable runs from the TV to the Furrion. I put in an HDMI splitter for my Apple TV but don’t know how your satellite system should hook in. I’m sure someone will weigh in on that. Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Darrel, I would check with Jason, I’ll send his mobile number by PM. In my trailer the HDMI cable runs from the TV to the Furrion.

Thanks Mike - spoke to Jason and I now have some troubleshooting procedures to try that I think will resolve the problem.

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Hull #319)

https://www.blogger.com/profile/02054187086533485920

d

I simply ran the HDMI cable from the TV to a splitter input.  Then the HDMI cable from the Furrion to the Splitter.  A second HDMI from the Dish receiver to the Splitter.  When I want Dish, I simply dial the splitter for input from the receiver.  When I use the Furrion I dial the splitter to have input from the Furrion.  I ran a triple RCA cable from the TV to the Furrion to be able to use the 4 speakers when using the Dish and also the Furrion.   PM me if further questions.  Bob

• Thanks 1