New FORUM LISTED

mountainborn

• Moderators

You may have noticed a new MODERATORS FORUM listed. As our board has grown in size and membership, it is time for a bit of re organization. Up to this point we have been in one large category. It was comfortable until it ( the category ) began to get so large, that those just joining, had a big task ahead of them when trying to catch up on the reading, just so they would be on the same page as everyone else.

We have asked some folks to help as volunteer moderators to help with the re organization and the ongoing chores, of keeping things categorized, to assist those just joining our Oliver Forums.

Most of us wouldn't want to have to read hundreds of posts in order to glean a single peice of information, before asking a question.

Please bear with us as we sort, re sort and make a few changes. Most of us are new to the business of moderator, so we will likely begin with a few guidelines that the mods will impose upon themselves. You won't see that part, it will be on the moderators forums.

Now some might say, "that's silly", rules for how the moderators will react, that is. But it seems hardly fair for us to ask someone to volunteer to help, with a play book not present.

Give us a short "sorting out" period please, and then our forums will really begin to smooth out.

With most of us being new to this sort of thing, suggestions will be appreciated.

This forum has been a thing of learning and pleasure to this point. I look for it to get even better in the near future. :D

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Hi Mountainborn,

I thoroughly enjoy reading the posts. They have extremely helpful. The more posts there are the harder it has been for me to find that piece of information that I just have to read again. Suggestion - Is it possible to post messages by alphabetical topics? Is a search by keyword possible? ex. boondocking, generators, chargers, fans, solar, helpful hints, trips, free sites, etc. just to name a few. Thanks again to all for the discussion on the different topics even the fun dialog such as Oliver and bathtubs! It has been very educational and fun as I try to decide what choices are best for my husband and myself to order an Oliver.

Yes, Jam49, the ability to search for topics by key word is built into the forum.

Just look up near the top of the page. The next to last word is "search." Click on that and enter your key words, then click the "search" button. It works very well. Try it, you'll like it.

Doug

• Moderators

Yes, you have put your finger right on it. Sorting, categorizing and assigning areas to moderators will be among the first issues we address. As soon as we get the guidelines for our moderators in place we will begin to work on that and a few other things that should make the forums easier to surf thru, and a more pleasant over all experience.

Thanks for your input.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Mountainborn,

Although I have enjoyed our free-form, multil-user "bbs" format so far, I, too, can see the need for the change. We have so many more contributors than just a few months ago, and it becomes difficult for people to find the information they're looking for...

Surely, a few categories, maybe.... "Gatherings, Rallies, and Where to See an Oliver", "Questions for an Oliver Owner", "Favorite Parks & Camping Places", "Boondocking Hints", "Just for Fun", "For Sale" and "Anything else..." might work to help us stay up with the latest topics. I'm sure others will have good topic category ideas as well. One of the things I love about this forum (and I'm a member on several others) is the intelligent, courteous and humorous exchange of ideas. Some of the best ideas have come from the newest users, and their questions and proposals. I sure wouldn't want to lose that.... I've met some great folks on this forum, both on-line and in person.

Good luck with the new project!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Some other possible candidates for categories might be:

Heating, venting, and air conditioning (HVAC)

Electrical systems

Water and sewer

Towing

Appliances

Chassis, body, suspension, wheels and tires

• Moderators

Tom, I think you cut up that watermelon pretty well.... Looks like a good organizational skeleton.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

By way of UPDATE:

Jonathan has made the necessary changes and granted permissions. The new moderators are beginning to check in on their new forum and are beginning to "bone up" on the moderators guidelines from various forums. They will pick parts from different ones, that suit our needs. Then compose the rules that they will moderate by. This will happen over on the Moderators Forum, so as not to disrupt the normal flow of information on OLIVER FORUMS.

Several on here have a "skeleton" in mind of how OLIVER FORUMS might be laid out and be as user friendly as possible. With that in mind, please post your thoughts on a skeleton for the forums.