Upgraded foldable teak Lagun table top

rideadeuce

• Moderators

That's really beautiful. So, both sides fold? Or one. Love to see a photo of it folded and stowed.

The Lagun mechanism is truly ingenious.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Rideadeuce, did you delete your photos?

I no longer see them...

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I saw a Lagun table topic   regarding extended post and mod that allowed table to swing over nightstand. That topic seems to have disappeared now. I just dropped our Oliver at factory for some additions and told Jason about it. Was wanting additional info about the mod. Also when I search for Lagun I see a topic "Upgraded foldable teak lagun table top" in Modifications that was posted to yesterday but when I select it I get a "...page no longer exists..." message. ??????

Scott&Ricki

2017 Legacy Elite II Twin, Hull 225, The Bus 
2007 Tundra 
Prev: 2003 Casita, 2009 Weekend Warrior 

• Moderators

I'm not sure what happened, either. I saw the photo of rideadeuce's beautiful table, commented on it, and then, suddenly, it was gone...

The table was truly lovely. Hope rideadeuce will repost the photos.

Sherry

Screenshot_20180310-200254.thumb.png.2fd59226ec965d0791830e874a4d24ce.png

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Sorry, been camping in the Oliver. Not sure what happened to original post but here are some pics. I will post link to original manufacturer. I ordered the longer post and cut off about 2 in. and also screwed a 1" x 3" aluminum piece to keep it from going all the way down and hitting gelcoat. Last picture is after a couple coats of teak oil on the table. Also, I don't seem to be getting my email/responses. Mike

IMG_0930.thumb.jpg.c06e641af4b75e89e71bdaf6adac554b.jpg

IMG_0979.thumb.jpg.13ad341ca271b169982dafd569eb31d5.jpg

IMG_0977.thumb.jpg.35b5a78e74eb73f0bc5399635f0dcd62.jpg

• Thanks 3

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

This is the closest I've seen to the Lagun table making sense in the Ollie to me.  The standard setup I've just been unable to see the benefit, though that may just be me not understanding how people use it.  Now, what would really make the difference for me on this setup would be if the leg could be mounted to the side so that the drawer can still be accessed.  Seems like there's just barely enough room to do just that so that the drawer scoots past the leg.

Mounting it below at that location might be an issue.  We opted for a basement hatch where the table normally mounts, so that's an issue for us as well.  I think we'd have to attach it to one of the sides with some blocking to clear the bed overhang.

What size table is that?  Looks like it could be easily stowed in the front closet.

I agree with you. The only drawback left is not being able to access nightstand drawer without removing it. If I could find an alternate mounting location and a good secure stowing mount for table while in tow I would be pleased.

This is the one I got: Compass Rose Folding Table Top - 26.8" x 23.6" w/ 29.5 inch leg (ordered separately)

• Thanks 1

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

• Moderators

Rideadeuce, your table is fabulous.

I'd love to figure out a way to mount the Lagun mechanism to the outboard side of the small dinette. And incorporate your folding top.

Most of the time, in our smaller Oliver, the small dinette is my prep area. It would be great to lift it up to counter height, fold out the table to work, and drop it back down later...

This will require some thought...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful table, again.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4