microwave quit working

Picked up our new Legacy Elite on Tuesday and so far so good until tonight. The microwave decided to just up and quit. I checked the fuse panel under the dinette and found where the 20 amp breaker is. I flipped it off and then back on, still nothing. The microwave is dead. Anybody have any suggestions?-- other than calling Jason which I already did and left a voicemail.

roguebooks 2020 Ram Classic 1500 Warlock 4x4 Hemi V-8 2018 Legacy Elite, Hull #309  ALARCOFLINKYLAMIMSMONMOKTNTXsm.jpg

travelmap2023.jpg

• Moderators

Do you have any lights?

Or a blank display?

I suspect you have already checked the power connection at the outlet.. .

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Easy fix. Jason returned my call and reminded me of the GFI receptacle under one of the dinette seats across from the fuse panel. It was flipped. I reset it and whammo! microwave works!

• Thanks 2

roguebooks 2020 Ram Classic 1500 Warlock 4x4 Hemi V-8 2018 Legacy Elite, Hull #309  ALARCOFLINKYLAMIMSMONMOKTNTXsm.jpg

travelmap2023.jpg

Jason has been so helpful throughout the learning process. He always answers my calls in a timely manner (I have called him three times). Oliver Trailer Company has been great, one and all.

travelmap2023.jpg

You need to add an AC circuit tester to your tool kit, I suggest that you keep it in a galley drawer with your electrical stuff, extension cords, and odds and ends .... something like this one.

DD37C175-5ED6-4CA7-B7DB-3A17E3833AB0.thumb.jpeg.1c9edadfa77df0090bba6f88ccb04b5e.jpeg

First rule when any AC device quits, is check the outlets.

I’m glad it was something simple, just watch it in the future to see if something continues to trip the Ground Fault outlet. There may be a wiring problem, or somehing else is tripping it...

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

You need to add an AC circuit tester to your tool kit, I suggest that you keep it in a galley drawer with your electrical stuff, extension cords, and odds and ends ….  John Davies Spokane WA

Why would you need an a/c tester when it tells you all of that on the built in surge protector? You either have a/c or you don't... and when you don't in these trailers it's usually the gfi under the dinette. Either that or the surge protector is already telling you why your power is shut off when you plug in. For me, a multimeter that allows me to check either a/c, d/c or ohms is the Only needed electronics tester because it does it all and most of the problems will be on the d/c side anyway. When the a/c power outlets go off, reset the gfi and unplug the blow drier :)

Reed

• Thanks 3

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

This morning with the coffee pot plugged into the receptacle and the microwave running the microwave would suddenly quit before the GFI tripped. Happened a few times.  The remedy, it appears, is to unplug the coffee maker until the microwave needs have been exhausted. We shall see. Regardless, there does not seem to be enough properly working and accessible receptacles for my tastes in this trailer. And where is the the surge protector located in these new 2018 trailers? And is there a screen or gizmos to view on it?

travelmap2023.jpg

If you have a built in inverter from the factory, all the outlets come off a single 15 amp breaker, microwave included (Maybe 20?  The 2017 wiring diagram says 15, so is this different for 2018's or just wrong in the manual?)  Regardless, even if you have 20 amps, that's only 2400 watts which probably wouldn't be enough juice for both appliances anyway - you'd likely need 30; i.e., two separate circuits, for it to work reliably.

Now, if you don't get the inverter, then the microwave gets a separate circuit direct from the distribution panel with it's own 15 amp breaker, so you get 30 amps total and can easily run two appliances at once.

I suspect that this is in line with other manufacturers, though I don't know for sure.  It may be a limitation of the inverter/transfer switch the way they have it wired. When we added our inverter, we put it in front of the distribution panel, so shore power runs directly to the transfer switch/inverter and then to the panel.  That arrangement makes much more sense to me and it gives us both an inverter and a dedicated circuit to the microwave, or in our case a toaster oven.

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Rougebooks,

Notice your pulling your new elite with a 2017 Tacoma 4x4; I also have a 2016 Tacoma 4x4 SR5:

1. Would like your opinion on how well the TACO pulls the tailor?

2. Do you use Sway Bars?...

3. Does the TACO handle the Trailer well in Windy conditions?

4. What is your MPG during highway cruise with trailer and typical pull weight?

Any comments and recommendations would be helpful; since the OLiver elite is under consideration.

Thanks for any help/advice you can provide.

Mike

Rougebooks,

Notice your pulling your new elite with a 2017 Tacoma 4×4; I also have a 2016 Tacoma 4×4 SR5:

1. Would like your opinion on how well the TACO pulls the tailor? WITH EASE

2. Do you use Sway Bars?… NO

3. Does the TACO handle the Trailer well in Windy conditions? DIDN'T HAVE ANY AS YET, BUT HOLDS THE ROAD WELL.

4. What is your MPG during highway cruise with trailer and typical pull weight? AROUND 14 MPG

Any comments and recommendations would be helpful; since the OLiver elite is under consideration. THE FORUM HANDLES ALMOST EVERY QUESTION. DO A SEARCH TERM. READ ALL YOU CAN. GOOD LUCK.

Thanks for any help/advice you can provide.

Mike

• Thanks 1

travelmap2023.jpg

• 3 months later...

Mine just did this while we were camping. AC was kicked on, it hadn't been turned off, and wife started MW, then the AC just kicked on, and the Microwave and the several 110V outlets went dead.  I tried the GFI..no luck.  Also, there wasn't a label on the breaker box for the microwave..i'll take a picture tomorrow.  I took out all of the breakers, they seemed fine. Well, any thoughts, i'm head scratching.

On the bright side, had a terrific 3 Day in the Ollie.  Great times w/ the family.  It's becoming insane how large some of these 5th Wheelers are, i'm all for free will, but they block a lot of the views in the park.  Nonetheless, everybody I've parked near has been tremendously gracious, I love camp'n,

Vector.

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II;  #129

Ordered in 2015, picked up in 2016.  My friend Don Thompson picked his up right in front of me, very cool dude.

2016 Nissan Titan XD, Diesel