Don't let our new Ollie burn!!

wdw0528

Here's one you don't experience every day.

We set up camp at Lake Griffin State Park near the Villages in Florida so we can visit with friends who live there. After getting everything settled we meet them about one mile from the park at a local restaurant/bar to enjoy some drinks, food and good company. While there, another friend of theirs also comes in and says "hey, there is a fire at the state park and they are evacuating the campground -  all people and their campers". In a panic we set out to see if we can pull the Ollie out to guaranteed safety.....as we drive in that direction we see the billowing smoke and helicopters in the air. When we arrive we are stopped by a police office who declares no one can enter. Now we are left to wait and watch for another couple hours.

In the end it turned out okay - no damage and no real evidence (other than smell of smoke in the air) that the fire got close to our campsite.

We both laughed and said that in our previous camper we would have moved it to the site closest to the flames and hoped for the best :-) but not the Oliver!

• Thanks 4

Darrell & Kathy

2013 F-250 Diesel 6.7

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Hull #319)

https://www.blogger.com/profile/02054187086533485920

d

• Administrators
We both laughed and said that in our previous camper we would have moved it to the site closest to the flames and hoped for the best ? but not the Oliver!

LOL Too funny!... Glad your Ollie is OK!

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Moderators

Don't worry about it!  That is the real reason that Oliver put that insulation between the hulls!

Just kidding - glad that all is OK.  At least with the smell of smoke already in the air you will not have to have a campfire this evening.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderator+

I watched a stickie burn to the frame in Acadia NP a couple of years ago. It took about ten minutes.

I am thankful that your Oliver made it out unscathed.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg