Who is up for Zip Lining at the 2018 Oliver Rally?

MDuncan

• Administrators

There are two courses available for Zip Lining at the 2018 Oliver Rally.

Level 1 Requirements:

Must be at least 8 years old as well as at least 50 Pounds

Must wear closed toe as well as closed heel shoes

Level 1 General Info:

$59 Per Person

10 zip lines and 4 suspension type bridges with lengths up to 400 ft. and heights up to 80 ft

1 to 2 hour adventure

Level 2 Requirements:

Must be at least 10 years old as well as at least 90 pounds

Must wear closed toe as well as closed heel shoes

Level 2 General Info:

$99 per person

15 zip lines and 8 suspension type bridges with lengths up to 2000+ ft. and heights up to 250 ft.

2 to 3.5 hour adventure

Level 1 and Level 2 Restrictions:

Males cannot weigh more than 285 pounds

Females cannot weigh more than 250 pound

Tour Times:

Tours at 9am, 10am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm (daylight permitting)

Reservations are strongly recommended as they do have a limited number of slots per day.

Let's get a list started for those that want to go zip lining.

State the either Level 1 or Levels 1&2 - day & time you would like to go

Restricted to 15 people per time slot.

For more information, visit: http://www.alapark.com/zipline-screaming-eagle

• Thanks 1

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Moderators

Matt - Thanks for getting this organized!

Given the Rally schedule it appears that we would be best to schedule the zip line thing for the afternoon.  Count me in for the whole enchilada on virtually any afternoon.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I'd love to participate. (Level 2!) Based on the agenda, it looks like Saturday afternoon is the best time but I'll go whatever day/time works for everyone.

Thank you for organizing!

Chris

Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

• Moderators

You'd smack the ground just as hard falling from 80 feet as 250 feet but the woohooo should be better up higher!  Count me in - level 2

Anytime would be fine.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

We signed up online for Sunday at 10:00 AM as we have a Microair Easystart appointment on Saturday.

According to the website, $99.00 includes level 1 and 2.

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Administrators
According to the website, $99.00 includes level 1 and 2.

Yes Level 2 is actually Levels 1 & 2. In the group that you are zip lining with you will have some that could be doing only Level 1 and some doing both Levels. Those only doing Level 1 will get off at the midway point. It's not a far walk back to starting point or lodge from the end of Level 1. The end of Level 2 is a little longer walk but not bad.

• Thanks 1

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Moderators

Matt - it appears that we have at least 6 humans (sorry, but I'm not counting Boskar) that have expressed interest in zip lining.  Are you or someone else planning on getting a reservation(s) with the Park for this activity or is it up to the individuals or what's the plan?  Has the Park given any indication of a change in pricing if there are "x" number of participants like you have negotiated with the golf?

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 2 weeks later...

Add 2 more humans for zip line level two! What every time works for the group is good by us.  This will be our first rally and first zip line! Can’t wait to meet everyone :)

Yvonne & Doug

• Thanks 1

Yvonne & Doug

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #223

2017 Ford F-250 Lariat, crew cab

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

OK, so, here we go!

I just called the Zipline people and for Saturday May 5th we have a "reservation" for 1pm. If we can get a total of 10 people to take advantage of this "reservation" we will each receive a discount of 10% off the standard $99 fee. In looking at those that have expressed interest, we do have a total of ten, but, Mike and Krunch have already made a reservation for Sunday at 10am. In order to not interfere with any Oliver related presentations, the Saturday afternoon at 1pm is about our only choice.

Two other stipulations on getting the discount is that we pay with one check or credit card and that we confirm the reservation (with payment) no later than Sunday (April 22) at 2pm. I would be happy to be the "banker" and everyone can simply write me a check or pay me cash.

Either PM me or simply reply directly here.

Bill

p.s. the people at the zipline told me that from start to finish we can expect to take between 2 and 4 hours.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

To anyone who is still thinking about risking life and limb on the zipline - we need a couple of more fools (sorry - I meant to say folks) to join us and could accommodate up to 7 or so. Our reservation is for 1pm on Saturday May 5th and we are "doing" level two. The cost is $99 per person unless we get at least 10 (presently we are at 7 or 8) in order to get the 10% group discount. However, you must let me know no later than Sunday, April 22 at high noon (sounds ominous doesn't it?) if you want to join us.

Bill

• Moderators

Less than 24 hours left to get in on the "Screaming Oliver" zip line group. Either PM me or simply post here if you have interest in joining us no later than 12 noon tomorrow (Sunday) April 22.

Thanks!

Bill

• Moderators

Yeah for Rob and Vicki! I thought that because of the them we all can share in a 10% discount! Unfortunately, two of the ten we presently have had already made and paid for a reservation. The Park is insisting that in order to get this discount we have a total of 10 NEW people. So, let's beat the bushes and get two more. At least the Park agreed to let us have until Wednesday (April 25th) at high noon to add the two additional people.

Looks like a great group so far!

If anyone else would like to join us (up to another 5 people) just let me know (here or via a PM) and I will take care of the arrangements.

Bill

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Debbie -

Consider yourself added! Now, all we need is one more brave person for that discount. Discount or not I've got the list and am ready to gooooooooo.

Bill

Sorry we are so late, have just gotten back from a 2+ weeks trip. Are we too late for the zipline? Clair would really enjoy doing level 2. I have a bad shoulder right now so I will just watch ya’ll having a great time! Smiles...Kathy

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

• Moderators

Kathy - Clair has now "officially" been added to the list and the great news is that this now qualifies ALL of us for a discount on the regular price. I am going to wait until our deadline of Wednesday at high noon to finalize everything with the Park. Just after I call them I will post here exactly what everyone owes and the total details as to where we should meet etc.

Thanks for joining the group, Clair! Perhaps we can make Kathy the official photographer?

We now have the ten "new" people the Park required plus the two that made reservations previously for a total of 12. If anyone else is interested prior to high noon Wednesday (April 25th) we can have as many as 15 total.

Bill

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

Last Call! Tomorrow (Wednesday) at high noon is the cut off for joining the bravest group attending the 2018 Rally. We are doin' level two on Saturday, May 5th at 1pm. Details can be found on the Park's website. After this cut off time it is possible to still join the group but a discount from the usual posted price ($99) will not be possible. If you have interest, either PM me or simply reply to this post.

Bill

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

The numbers are in, the reservations made, and our fates are sealed. We have a total of 12 intrepid souls "doin'" level 2 of the Screaming Eagle Zipline on Saturday, May 5th at 1pm. Those 12 are: Mike & Krunch, Yvonne & Doug, Pete, Steve, Chris, Rob & Vicki, Debbie, Clair and Bill. The total cost per person including taxes, fees, and prayers is $97.15 which has already been paid to the Park. With the exception of Mike & Krunch, who paid previously, I will accept either cash or check at the Rally.

If anyone has questions prior to the Rally, they can either post it here or via a PM to me prior to Wednesday of next week (May 2nd). After that I'll be at the Rally in site G-13.

THIS should be a bunch of fun - can't wait to get on the line!

Bill

• Thanks 2