Delivery In Two Weeks!

AW1985

Finally!  After several long months, the wife and I are driving down from Alaska to take delivery of our Oliver.  We think we have thought of everything, but as you guys know, there is always something that we will forget.

So, what items and/or preparation would you guys suggest?  This is our first foray into travel trailers, and I’m hoping our last as I like to think I research well.  We have a new TV (sadly, I sold our TRD Pro Tacoma camping rig), and are loving it thus far (F250).

We purchased a generator for the soft start, as we plan on boondocking as much as possible, and also several hanging doo-dads for the bathroom supplies.  Dishware, bedding, and other homely items handled by my wife.  Leveling blocks, sewer hose, water filter and grill handled by me.

My wife and I are taking a month off to facilitate the drive from Alaska and back with stops in Moab and Montana.  Any other ideas and routes will be considered!  We are taking an ATV, so ATV friendly boondocking suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

This forum has been a wealth of knowledge and I have read nearly every corner of it over the last 6 month (lots of down time as I’m a MEDEVAC pilot).  Appreciate it all!

Pic of new tow vehicle and Bed deck I just installed....I think this will be a great adventure!

6B2B327D-137F-4225-98BB-A09DEB3642B3.thumb.jpeg.f100876172c7499b5ba60e621838f417.jpeg

0F0051A5-1825-45F8-974A-C1E784B410E5.thumb.jpeg.dce05fabe0ede313abfba488bda5e382.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Wow! Congratulations, that sounds like it should be an awesome trip. You can't get too much more ATV friendly than Moab, we'll be heading out there this summer. Good luck.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

• Moderators

Enjoy the heck out of both the trip and the Ollie!  The whole deal sounds like a bunch of fun.  Hopefully you will have a chance to stick around long enough for the Owner's Rally, but, its a long trip.

Since you will probably be doing a bit of driving on Interstate 80 in one direction or the other, make note of:

Cabela's in Sydney, Nebraska - they have a fairly decent campground there that is within walking distance to the store.  Plenty of restaurants and a Walmart nearby too.

Big Lake State Park, Craig, MO -off Interstate 29.  Very nice campground with clean showers, dump and good water.  Located right on a "oxbow" lake.  However, there is no shopping or food here - St. Joe, MO has plenty of restaurants and shopping about an hour south on I-29.

Blue Springs Lake Campground, 5400 NE Campground Road, Lees Summitt, MO (816-503-4805)-off Interstate 470 and Bowlin Road- Bass Pro Shop, restaurants are nearby.  Easy to get to from Interstate 70 and very close to Kansas City, nice showers well maintained park.

Lazy Days Campground, 1351 Hwy H, Noel, Mo (417-223-3498) - 1.5 miles off Interstate 70 a little over an hour west of St. Louis, MO.  Very nice commercial campground, clean showers, well maintained.  No food or shopping here, but about 45 minutes further west on Interstate 70 is Columbia, MO (Cracker Barrel restaurant on the right of interstate for breakfast).

If you need more send me a PM!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

8D0E8085-FD0B-47DE-9624-822061B0FC35.thumb.jpeg.cbff7d49f9ae4e2535bec5e9a0a216f1.jpeg

A7E1A4DA-00A6-4218-B0B9-803DE687948B.thumb.jpeg.712c47a4d2d3dd5431dd744f18899291.jpeg

There you go. If you need help figuring out how to edit pics, tell us what you are using to take them. If an iPhone or similar, it is super easy.

I love your tow setup, that will work great. I am not sure about leaving the top up on the Can Am for that many miles, is there a tight fitting tonneau that would protect it and also lower the profile? Do you plan to install larger mudflaps on the Ford? Those factory ones are definitely adequate for such an epic trip....

You will love Moab. Any of the trails outside the parks will be fair game. Just be sure your UTV is street legal if you want to tool around on roads, and keep the speed way down. The White Rim Road in Canyonlands is simply stunning, but you can’t drive your toy on it, but you could rent a Wrangler for a day, and camp overnight if you bring the gear and bags. You can only camp at designated spots along the White Rim, and reservations are essential.

http://www.discovermoab.com/atv.htm

Tell us what you like to do, and that will help..... we were at Moab in 2012 and I still have absolutely vivid memories. What a great place to visit, when it is not too warm. White Rim pics:

D6CD1A74-B6C1-4006-B434-5DB9DAD84AFE.thumb.jpeg.091301dfd18cdf1e72703acd17bab8af.jpeg

286CBD90-9711-436F-97FF-118BDB1FB2DC.thumb.jpeg.ead5ad93ab7b898fcc20ff40663fd2e4.jpeg

Overnight visitor tracks on the rear bumper:

EAC9BA00-439E-4A56-AE5E-EA1C5844A289.thumb.jpeg.4f932c69fdb08d0146ca9c6e0907fe5f.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

One more thing.... do you have a special reason, or folks you are going to visit in Montana? Because this early in the season very few National Forest Service campgrounds will be open (they begin to open mid-May), much of the high country will be inaccessible due to snow, and you certainly wouldn’t be able to drive across Glacier NP.

Yellowstone will be mostly open, if that is on your itinerary.

Unless you must be in MT, I suggest that you spend an extra week in southern UT and visit the Parks there, and maybe do some exploring around Escalante in the CanAm, for example Burr Trail and the Waterpocket Fold/ Lake Powell area. Southern UT in May is delightful and warm to hot. MT will still be recovering from winter.

Don’t get me wrong - I love MT - but it simply can’t compare to UT for pure scenery, except for a few spots which you won’t be able to fully experience early in the season. Western MT is trees and mountains, and I bet that you get enough of that in Alaska. The desert terrain will be a refreshing change, and I suggest that you maximize your exposure to it.... two weeks would be plenty.

Finally, if you are driving through Spokane, send me a PM and you will be welcome to stop by, boondock in the driveway for a day or two, and take care of any maintenance chores before finishing the long haul home.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Mark - specific to #3, just make a note to check the zerks for evidence of grease.  During your delivery, the guys will be more than willing to do most of anything you ask - like add grease if not done before.  Depending on which set of batteries you got, another thing for the notes is to ask that the batteries be topped off with distilled water.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

7. Hand delivery, back to Anita, the box of samples.

"Hand deliver, back to Anita, the box of samples and one dozen donuts from (just up the road) Walmart Bakery."

Fixed it for you. Anita is a sweetheart, and so is the office dog.

FYI, Mouse was greased at delivery, but after 3000 miles the fittings took a lot, so maybe I should have topped them up earlier. It certainly cannot hurt to do it in TN. It is hard to do something as inherently messy and unappealing as greasing suspension ,when you have all those cool new features to play with and learn about.... For sure check the tires and lower the pressures to a reasonable setting, including the spare.

I hope you and Joni have a great trip, enjoy your new Ollie, and if you have time please post some road pics.

John Davies

Spokane WA

IMG_1556.thumb.jpg.360584367a6cddb5611024b6fc77849f.jpg

Guys--Have I mentioned how much I love this community already!?

Awesome advice.  I know I'll miss some but in response:

1.  Why Montana?  We went thru there last year around the second week of May on our way up to Fairbanks when I got stationed here.  It was excellent on weather, but this year we are planning the first week of May.  Wife and I loved Glacier, and was hoping to repeat it...albeit with a shower this time!  I have learned that one week can make a big difference.  I wouldn't mind heading west then north via Washington State.  Any ideas on this?  Our script is unwritten, part of the fun my wife and I think.  The only hard points are Hohenwald and Moab (which I have done several times on my GSA (motorcycle) and wanted to introduce the wife to.

2.  The Can Am (thanks for flipping the pics, newb mistake on my part) is going.  I have hauled it around for the last 500 miles up here in Alaska to test the setup over frost heaves, bad terrain, etc.  I'd rather have it fail in my back yard then 3000 miles away.  This is a proven system and I have built some confidence in it.  I am well within payload and the F250 is a planted machine (payload includes computation for hitch weight).  Milage is not a priority but I'm still getting 17MPG averaging 65-70, so it does surprisingly well.

3.  I've got nearly every tool onboard for the truck and Can Am...somewhat of a prepper!  I am tracking the axles, and will be picking up an extra set of bearings from OTT directly at delivery.  I have a laser thermometer I used quite a bit when tooling around the Rockies while stationed in Colorado.  I have read thru the current Axle/bearing topics over in the MX section.  Excellent information to have.

4.  John...this requires a separate line--beautiful 80 Series.  I'm hoping you still have it.  It's on my bucket list.  As mentioned, I am a Toyota fan, and miss my Tacoma, but it wasn't built for this mission.

5.  Rock Tamers are in the bed of the truck for install after pickup.  I don't like the look at all, but want to protect the Oliver.  The future holds 3M protection and perhaps a more robust protection system mounted to the trailer.  Several things gleaned:  We need a heater, assorted electrical adapters, and doughnuts!

Mark (MontanaOliver):  Do you have an itemized list of the adapters you have collected?  Also I really like your Pelican case idea.  I have several that can be re-purposed.  I will be looking at that cookware.  We have the same compressor.  I see that quite a bit on this forum.  Seems like we lean towards the same brands, ideas and setups.

Truly appreciate the time!  A separate trip report/delivery day post to follow!  Happy Easter!

-Alex

Pics of my last two Toyota projects:

DSC_0044.thumb.jpg.846e634aca268502300330676f0f6221.jpg

DSC_0292.thumb.jpg.28df018cd6cd0ce9da3444ae229a761f.jpg

DSC_0312.thumb.jpg.d427737e83fda39df1900a637815f360.jpg

• Moderators

Alex - Just to the west side of Hohenwald there is a better donut shop than what you will find at Walmart.  However, to find it, you better ask for local directions.  On the other hand, Walmart is on the south side of the major drag going right through Hohenwald.  The factory is about a 1/4 mile to the north northeast of Walmart and the Oliver sales office is on the north side of the same main drag as Walmart but about 1 mile east of Walmart.  Hohenwald is not (obviously) a big town and not hard to get around in or through.  If you will be spending any time with the guys at the factory (you might want to take the tour if you have not done it before and have the time), donuts and/or a few Budweisers (seriously, that's what they like) will make them your friend for life.

John is more than correct in that Anita is a real sweetheart.  If you need anything she should be the first person you should ask.  I'd say the same thing about a couple of the guys over at the plant, but, I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea!

I'm so excited for both you and Mark - please enjoy the entire process and let us all know how things are going.

Bill

• Moderators

Mark -

I got rid of my R1200GS for the same reason.  I did keep my 2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa (250 single dual sport) for around town, trails up in the forest and to satisfy the occasional "need for speed" (translate that - "for when I need to scare the hell out of myself").  Usually fishing is a bit safer - unless of course the river is too swift and/or a griz decides that he wants your spot on the river.

Those four wheel things do look like a bunch of fun but the damage that is being done to some of our forests and the area above the Taylor River Reservoir near Gunnison, CO is a bit much.  Around here in North Carolina there a simply too few places to use them in the manner I would prefer.  Certainly around Moab and just about anywhere in the desert they would be a hoot.

How many days are you planning on taking getting from Montana (or Alaska respectively) to Hohenwald?

Bill

1 - If you are determined to see Glacier it does not make a bit of sense to detour west to WA unless you change your mind and decide to take the Alaska Ferry. In your shoes I would stay on the west side of Glacier, drive the Going To The Sun Rd as far as it is open, and enjoy the camping lower down for a few days. Then head up toward Banff, staying in the Rockies,

But if you need to make time on the road, you could cut west and go through the ID Panhandle and cross at Eastport (US95). That is probably a better route if you just need to cover miles. But I have never driven very far that way, so I can only really comment on the US side. Coming into WA is knd of out of the way, unless you need to crash in my driveway :)

4 - Series 80. That was a 1996 LX450, a tarted up LC. I bought it used in stock condition and completely modded it over 14 years. I loved it, and gave it to my son. He was returning to Seattle on the day after New Years 15 months ago, and in the middle of the state he hit a patch of sheet ice and spun it into a cable guard rail. It was totalled but he was uninjured, except in his heart. I have a mostly stock 200 now. It is a way better machine in most ways, except offroad nimbleness and coolness...

5 - Rock Tamers - They are not a bad choice, just be sure you follow the Aussie guidelines when you install them. They should sail at a 30 to 45 degree angle when driving. You rig this by twisting the shafts in their brackets so they have a preload up and back. It looks odd since everybody else in this country has his straight down. But they are all wrong, you will be the right one. An angle causes the stones to be deflected down onto the road instead of straight up to your tailgate. Also, make sure they don’t drag the road on dips or they can shoot a rooster tail of gravel up at your new baby.

No flaps on the TV are really effective, I retired my Rock Tamers and they are gathering dust.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Moderators

OK, sounds good - no sense in beating the heck out of yourself.  Don't know either of your plans for the exact route, but, I'd avoid driving straight through Kansas City - especially with the camper.  The southern route around KC is better than the northern route and really only adds about 10 to 15 minutes to your overall time, but, it is a much more relaxing route.  Of course, when you are heading west with the camper, you will probably take Interstate 70 to just east of Kansas City and then I-29 north to I-80.

As you approach the western edge of Saint Louis your GPS or navigator will have you take the southern belt interstate (I-255 I think) to interstate 55 south.  Basically you will then parallel the Mississippi through what is some fairly uninteresting landscape.  All of this is a fairly easy drive, but a bit boring.

Heading back West, if you take either I-64 or I-70 you will basically have no choice other than driving straight through the center of Saint Louis.  Not too bad as long as you time your arrival there at something other than rush hour (between 9am and 3 pm).  Most GPS units will want to keep you on I-70, but, a simpler and easier to drive route is the following:  Once you are on the large bridge over the Mississippi get in the extreme left hand lane as soon as you can and DO NOT MOVE from it.  A good view of the Gateway Arch and downtown Saint Louis is had from this bridge.  At the end of the bridge your GPS will want you to take the ramp on your right (two lanes over from where you should be) onto I-70,  But, with you being in the extreme left lane, you will automatically be placed on I-64 and the baseball stadium will appear very close on your right.  Stay in the extreme left lane.  Within about a mile or so you will clear virtually all of the "downtown" stuff - yes, the road will curve around a bit, but there are NO turns off of it.  With other lanes being added and subtracted, you will automatically not be in the extreme left lane by the time you are about two miles from the bridge.  The next thing to pay attention to is the left hand exit back onto I-70.  This occurs 20 to 25 miles out from the bridge.  Once back on I-70, sit back and relax - you will be in Columbia, MO in about 2 hours and then KC in another two hours.  See my notes above regarding a couple of places to camp along I-70 in Missouri.

Bill

Bill,

Excellent advice.  I have more miles than I care to admit on I70, and have dealt with STL and KC too many times in rush hour.  We did the route thru Banff last time we were Alaska bound, so the wife and I were open to explore thru Seattle and Vancouver this time.  The issue we discovered today is that they all route back to the main highway to Alaska, except if we take the Washington route we will miss Banff.  Not really something we want to miss, as we were planning on spending more time here as last time we were camping and it would get down to 30 degrees at night there with light dustings of snow.  Wife was UNHAPPY about that!

The itinerary as it stands is AK to Hohenwald (making time and miles so no route except DIRECT!).  Hohenwald to Chattanooga, TN for a family stop.  Chattanooga to Moab.  I70 is the most direct route so I will be heeding the advice above.  From Moab we are heading North to Salt Lake (wife is making me see a broadway play...I agreed because....you guys understand).  Salt Lake to home.  We are taking 6 days down.  24 days for the return.  No dates set in stone other than the delivery.  We will plan around weather and temperatures.

Mark, what do you think the temps and weather thru Montana look like on average first two weeks of May?  We really enjoyed Whitefish last time, but we are two weeks sooner than last year.  Also, we have very similar stables.  I love your bikes.  I can't hang my boots just yet, but I hear ya on the crazy people.  Big reason why I'm in Alaska now.  Riding most times is me and my bike and no other cars within 100 miles.  Commuting on my GSA in Colorado Springs to the airfield daily was dangerous at best, deadly on the worst days.

John, we were in the air on Glacier or another route thru Washington State until this afternoon.  Guess we will hold down south until temps and weather are conducive for the trek northbound via Utah-Idaho-Montana with a stop perhaps in Yellowstone this time rather than Glacier.  Both will be similar weather and temps though.  I will take your advice on the rock tamers.  Like I said...more of a placebo until I get a more permanent solution in the works back home.  Hoping she makes the trek without too much rock damage.  Shame about your family's Lexus...but sounds like she did her job, and kept the important stuff safe.  Wife has a newer Tundra, and we looked at the 200 (huge fan) but we need a truck for the fire wood and other assorted chores around the cabin.  Big fan of the 5.7 power plant.  One day I'd like to acquire one off lease and build a proper overland.  Don't tell my wife.

-Alex

With all of your electrical adapters, make sure you have a neutral/ground bonding plug for the generator. If not, the built in surge suppressor won’t allow power from the generator into the camper.  A good multimeter may also come in handy as well. Sounds like a fantastic trip home. I know you’ll enjoy the Oliver!

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

Congrats on living through the waiting period! You have one heck of an adventure planned.  I hope you'll write up a report once you're home.

I find it funny thinking of folks coming down from Alaska to visit the lower 48 as I'm so fixated on the opposite.  I've only been to Alaska twice, once on a cruise (barely counts, I know) and once for work, but the bug has bitten me and I can't wait to do a proper tour of the state with an RV.

Seems like we lean towards the same brands, ideas and setups.

That's one thing I like about this forum...people tend to gravitate towards quality solutions to RVing problems, rather than the duct tape and drywall screw type of stuff I see on a few other forums.

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

Guys,  I didn't think it was going to be an issue, but my mind has me fretting the weight distribution hitch.  We originally planned to pull our Oliver with the wife's Tundra, but our priorities changed and we got the F250.  We ordered the optional Anderson.  Will it adjust for height on my F250?  This morning I was digging out my box trailer to help a buddy move and realized I needed a drop hitch to keep the trailer level.  MAN these new Super Duties are tall.  Before I rush order a drop hitch to Alaska, can someone please help me confirm if I need it or not with the Anderson Weight Distribution hitch?  My understanding is the the hitch plugs right into the receiver of the truck, in which case I'm thinking I'm going to need something to relocate or drop that receiver.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Guys, I didn’t think it was going to be an issue, but my mind has me fretting the weight distribution hitch. We originally planned to pull our Oliver with the wife’s Tundra, but our priorities changed and we got the F250. We ordered the optional Anderson. Will it adjust for height on my F250? This morning I was digging out my box trailer to help a buddy move and realized I needed a drop hitch to keep the trailer level. MAN these new Super Duties are tall. Before I rush order a drop hitch to Alaska, can someone please help me confirm if I need it or not with the Anderson Weight Distribution hitch? My understanding is the the hitch plugs right into the receiver of the truck, in which case I’m thinking I’m going to need something to relocate or drop that receiver.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Alex, first of all, the Anderson hitch is available in a number of different configurations. So your tall receiver is a non issue. You might or might not need it for the Tundra.... you should try without first....

https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/weight-distribution-kits.aspx

Second, you do not need ANY kind of equalizing hitch for your HD truck. Dead weight is fine. My Ram 3500 never noticed the weight. I used an extended reach conventional stinger with a 2 inch, 7500 pound long shank ball. I had to get that from Etrailer, it is intended to go through a double wall steel truck bumper.

https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Ball/Brophy/SC23-C.html

I bought eight Grade 8 (hard) flat 1 inch ID fender washers at Fastenal to use to fine tune the height by stacking them under the ball. They worked great. You may or may not need them, but it is good to have the ability to shift the height a little. Do not use soft washers here!

Plan on a tongue height of about 23.5 inches. Buy the correct drop bar to put the top of your ball about an inch higher, when your truck is fully loaded (wih full gear and CanAm). Close is good enough. Done.

Worst case scenario, you might want to switch to HD adjustable reaarshocks, if the factory ones seem overwhelmed. But I bet they will be fine, for a few years at least.

As far as your Rock Tamers go, if you have slop in your receiver, you will be unhappy to see them flopping around when you drive empty. A little play at the hitch translates to up to a couple of inches movement at the far end of the bars. It is not a problem while towing. You can buy TWO of these if it is a problem:

https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Anti-Rattle/Roadmaster/RM-061.html?feed=npn&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2Mnkz6Cd2gIVyrfACh2a2QjSEAQYAyABEgIs8_D_BwE

One clamps the draw bar to the receiver. The other clamps hard up against the Rock Tamer bracket, strengthening that connection and taking the strain off the two pinch bolts.

I am in bed right now pecking away at my iPad. I will see if I can find a pic of my previous setup to share.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Oh yes, what is the payload of your truck, and the weight of the toy tray and the CanAm?

Subtract those fixed loads, and the rest is what your truck can deal with in terms of “stuff” and 700 pounds of draw bar, Rock Tamers and trailer tongue weight.

If you will be close to maxxed out, then perhaps a WD hitch will be needed.

Some of those HD Fords have massive payloads, do the math for us. My Ram was pretty lightly loaded compared to your rig.

John Davies

Spokane WA

John, no massive payload here.  It's 2700.  I'm actually within 300 pounds of maxing out my cargo capacity with the bed deck and the Can Am.  While I'm close to maxing out payload, I agree, I don't need the WDH.  I'm going with the adage that I have it, paid for it, might as well use it.  It's really for the wife's truck when we get back to Alaska.  She's a healthcare provider and travels to and from the remote Alaska villages several times a year, and prefers driving her Tundra over my rig--and I'm glad she does!

So the math:  *using round, CONSERVATIVE numbers for ease*

Trailer tongue weight (10% of loaded trailer weight):     600

Can Am & Bed Deck     1590

Wife and I:  310

Gear:  200

Total: 2700

I'm not anticipating the Oliver weighing all of the 6K, nor am I thinking the Can Am and deck weight the full 1590.  I won't know until we find a scale.  I'm from Kansas originally, and have some years pulling and hauling in the way of the farm.  I've definitely done worse, but am trying to do this the correct way and as safe as possible for myself and others that I share the road with.  I know the truck has the power, but also am aware I'm pushing payload.  I think the WDH is prudent, if not required.

Thoughts?

but am trying to do this the correct way and as safe as possible for myself and others that I share the road with. I know the truck has the power, but also am aware I’m pushing payload. I think the WDH is prudent, if not required.

Thoughts?

I think you may be underestimating your numbers slightly, my Outlander weighs over 900 lbs, those Mavericks are over 1300. The TruckBoss decks are really sweet, but it looks like you've got the 6.5' bed model, which weighs 450lbs.

The F250 has a maximum payload of 3450lbs before you drop the diesel in it and add the Lariat trim. Does your yellow door sticker really state you have over 3000lbs of payload left?

While you have the extra weight of that diesel on the front axle, I would, at a minimum, recommend the Andersen so that you can dial in as much balance in as possible. The FX4 package makes for a softer off road ride, but can be a hindrance when max towing.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

• Moderators

AW - I like the way you think.  Perhaps the WD hitch is not strictly required, but, I think that it helps balance the load and gives a bit more peace of mind.  A quick call to either Jason Essary or even the Sales office at Oliver should let you know if they have the necessary parts to get you to the correct height.  This would both ease your mind and make things easier for you being so close to the start of your trip.

Bill

IMHO a trip to a CAT scale is always a good idea.  You may be OK on GVWR with the Can Am and Ollie but you may exceed your rear axle GAWR without a weight distribution hitch.  Worth checking into, and you can check your pre-Ollie weight now to give you an idea.

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

Heck, if you guys run up thru Eastern Oregon, we're running an RV park just north of Huntington, OR... Karen wanted a job... Lol. Anyway, we're right off I84 at the Blue Bucket Mining Camp/ RV park South East of Baker, OR.

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II