Fridge/freezer door props

Townesw

I have worn KountryKamper out asking him questions (although he is welcome to answer also) so I will give him a break and ask you all some. What do you use to prop the freezer and refrigerator door open when not in use?

• Thanks 1

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

We use a swimming noodle piece about 5 inches long with a slit cut in it to slip over the top edge of the freezer door to hold it open an inch or so.   We leave the frig door completely open also while in storage.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Yep - I take a dry kitchen sponge and place it in the door of the freezer.  This holds that door open and, in turn, that door holds the fridge door open plus, I always know where that sponge is.

Along this line, when I'm storing Twist for more than a month or so at a time, I crumple up seven or eight sheets of regular old newspaper and place those in the freezer/fridge.  When I bring Twist back out of storage I simply recycle the newspaper and the freezer/fridge has no odors at all.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I'm fortunate in that when we are at home the oliver is level to the point that if I open the door for the refrigerator it stays in whatever position I leave it in. That is the degree of level that I try to achieve whenever I set up, but I don't get too obsessive about it.

• Thanks 1

STEVEnBETTY

What do you use to prop the freezer and refrigerator door open when not in use?

I read thru the manuals after picking up Ollie, and the Dometic Refrigerator User Manual says: "Use the Airing Position Card to keep the doors ajar if the refrigerator will not be in use for an extended period of time or put in storage." I figured they supplied this Airing Position Card, but no, it is an accessory. I found one on eBay for $6. More expensive than an old sponge or a rag, but it works well. When we start our trip, I toss the card onto one of the fridge door shelves, and I can easily find it at the end of the trip.

Screen-Shot-2018-04-07-at-3_19.56-PM.thumb.png.d8dcda1253d28c3369d3c9dbd69f29f9.png

I did a google search today for "dometic 3312986403 rv refrigerator door airing position card" and eBay prices seemed to be $17. No CamelCamelCamel for eBay. Today Dyer RV Parts has it for $11.99.

• Thanks 1

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net