Adding pictures to posts

How do I add pictures to my posts? I am using an iPhone to take pictures and access this forum. When I try to add pictures they are "squashed " as John E Davies put it in his unanswered post regarding this same question.

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

• Moderators

Townesw -

Hopefully someone with direct access and experience with an iPhone will chime in here shortly.  Obviously you can always download your pictures to a computer and then to the Forum, but I don't think that is what you are trying to do.  Even with my Android phone I usually go the computer route as opposed to direct - hate typing on those small keyboards.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Test from my iPhone 6S (Verizon).

Copied from my Photo Library.

04E4E3DA-F28B-49AA-AE22-A035177F437D.thumb.jpeg.b17fdcd42dfa88f570f75dd3f3f06060.jpeg

E5FD1842-C47C-4698-9B93-D4FFEA8D432F.jpeg.b29e75908e61ac7ceb0ab462c31ea22d.jpeg

EDIT -Looks OK, is your phone software up to date, maybe reboot it....

Note that your THUMBNAILS will appear trimmed, but not distorted, at the bottom of the post. Are your actual pics also squashed? Post one here please. Select “Insert into content”.

I agree it is a real pain to use a phone, my iPad Mini 4 is bad, but not nearly that horrible. Have you thought about buying a low end iPad Mini , and using your phone as a hotspot for Internet? Ipads make great navigation aids when in the boonies, with appropriate map software. The Retina display on the newer iPads is stunning, and you can get an iPad starting at $329 and a Mini 4 at $399.

Plus they are great for watching downloaded Netflix or Prime movies.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Thanks John. I'm using an iPhone 7 on Verizon. Just rebooted and still have squashed pictures. I need to do an update. I have an iPad also and a Verizon Jetpack hotspot so I will try to post pictures using those. Do you resize or crop your pictures or do you just upload straight from your photo library?

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

I don’t resize at all, but I do always edit and possibly crop when I save a pic.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Inserted into content:

IMG_16912.thumb.jpg.eecdc6f062731f30caac34b2c9dc4cf9.jpg

It took a couple of tries but this worked. I had to edit the picture but it posted well.

Thanks again John,

Bill

• Thanks 2

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313