Check your front jack acorn nuts

There are (2) each #10-32 acorn nuts, #10 split lockwashers and M5 flat washers holding the plastic "motor sleeve" on the front jack on (2) #10-32 threaded studs. The problem with this is that you can't tighten these nuts against anything solid to make the lockwashers work well. Remove the motor sleeve and you will see what I mean. One of my acorn nuts was missing after pulling the trailer 132 miles home from the factory. I replaced these acorn nuts and lockwashers with #10-32 nyloc nuts. Don't over tighten these nuts or you may break the plastic motor sleeve.  Just run them in until you can't move the motor sleeve up or down anymore.

IMG_16913.thumb.jpg.969da77d6e293cbd3d40cc68fd5484b7.jpg

• Thanks 4

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

I checked ours this morning and the same acorn nut was missing as in your picture.  I replaced them with a 3/4" SS flat washer and 10-32 SS nut with nylon insert, this should take care of the issue.

Thanks for the information.

• Thanks 1

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

I checked mine and they were there, but very loose. I switched to 10/32 nylocks, but did NOT use large flat washers. I used the existing small flat and lock washers instead. The hardware fits into a deep recess, and I am not sure there is enough thread extension to get full nut engagement when using a larger washer, without over-stressing the plastic. There is a thick rubber gasket at the top and it is hard to tell when the cover is fully seated.

Old hardware on the left, new on the right. The screw is to show the thread size of the motor studs:

IMG_4251.thumb.jpg.5b282c9970c73ada825dd3df27c8c6bc.jpg

You can see that the nut disappears into the hole without spacing it out somehow:

IMG_4259.thumb.jpg.c551445ea0d6f585059a5fd4bf3202a7.jpg

I ran the nuts down evenly until one thread showed through the nylon:

IMG_4261.thumb.jpg.cf9c875e95daef55ccb4715e21cd605e.jpg

I don't know how tough the plastic cover is, but it feels flimsey. Be careful.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

John:

Since I used a 3/4" SS flat washer under the 10-32 SS nut with nylon; I also only ran the nuts up evenly until one thread showed through the nylon.  There was no deflection of the plastic cover using this method.  The flat washer I use was thinner than the original flat washer.  I agree with you that the original flat washer, lock ring and nut could be just ran up into the cover's hole; that is why I used a larger flat washer.

• Thanks 2

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93