Trojan T-105-Wet Cell Batteries with Hydrolink

mossemi

• Moderators

My LE2 was picked by the original owner in June of 2017. While doing a little pre-rally maintenance I discovered that the squeeze bulb on my Hydrolick is dry rotted. Although it is still working, it won't last much longer. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

C27B85E3-FD85-4902-A7B6-1BD188BADCF3.thumb.jpeg.2607499405362a5b982fd179503c0616.jpeg

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Thanks, my unit is 90 some days older than yours and I think it is ok. It was only a casual check, so will go down and scrutinize it from end to end. My guess it is under warranty from the factory, considering its age...

Have you had to add water often? Is your unit usually parked where the sun is on the battery compartment? Do you live in a normally hot climate? Thanks..

• Moderators

Mike & Krunch -

I'm hull #117 and picked up in February, 2016. I just added water to my batteries last week and the bulb is exactly like it was the day I picked up Twist. No problems at all and no signs of aging.

Canoe 12 - I assume that your questions are being addressed to Mike & Krunch?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Prior to buying #193, it was parked at a commercial RV storage facility under roof. I brought it home to mid Florida in January. It is stored in my driveway exposed to the weather. With the tree cover it may receive 40 to 50% sun light and the tree cover on the battery box side is 90%. The Hydrolink hose has been stored inside the trailer 100% of the time. And it hasn’t gotten hot in Florida yet. I’ll be in Howenwald after the rally and will discuss it with Jason. I should reach out Trojan as well.

I just wanted to ask the forum if anyone else had seen this problem.

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”