Saw a really cool bird dog/ utv trailer

John E Davies

This pulled up beside me today. I guess “avid bird hunter” would be a good description of the owner....Nice rig! It has Oliver Wheels.

E3130722-0A56-461D-A31D-B48D81555DD2.thumb.jpeg.e0c99c863a5890d29890167541a9d8b2.jpeg

Tho if it were mine I would have backed the UTV in to put the engine weight over the axles. Unless they are really heavy dogs....

John Davies

Spokane WA

DA639995-6B98-49FE-A236-F8E978C639C9.jpeg.3ea10546f58f287e90cafe63f5120526.jpeg

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

"Cramped but safe"

I don't know - a dachshund should have plenty of room, but, probably wouldn't make much of a bird dog.

Really a nice looking rig - well put together with really classy wheels too.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We have two pointing dogs (English Setters) that I follow through the northern Minnesota woods for ruffed grouse all fall. That's is a very serious bird dog rig, probably used for competitive dog trials or hunting on the prairie.

I used to have a two hole aluminum dog box in the back of my 1st generation 2001 Toyota Tundra. The dog box was great for moving the dogs around for 4 months of the year; two months in the spring, two months in the fall. Other times of the year I worried about too much heat or too much cold. I moved up and bought a 2016 4Runner and kept them inside in kennels. The 4Runner isn't rated high enough for towing our soon to be delivered Elite II, so we upgraded again to a used 2013 Land Cruiser. The kennels were brought along on the Land Cruiser test drives. If they wouldn't have fit, I would have looked at a different vehicle.

With a little bit of care, dogs with water and hay are very comfortable in these aluminum dog boxes. My dogs would go crazy trying to get in if I got anywhere near their dog box or crates. It's their favorite place to be. Working dogs enjoy their job. When I open the doors to the box or crate they know they are on the way to work. For them, it's the best place in the world.

• Thanks 1

2013 Toyota Land Cruiser 200

2018 Twin Bed Elite II #351